Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 13:45   #16

Pune to Bangalore (whitefield)

Hi,

I am planning to do a Pune-Bangalore trip on my Indica Xeta this Dipawali with my family. Please help me in finalizing the directions from Hubli to Whitefield road in banglore(Specially from NH4 to Whitefield rd.). This is my first trip to Bangalore.

Approx. how many kms in the entire trip are bad from the driving point of view.

Also in case I want to stay in a hotel in the night, where will i find a good family hotel.
Old 7th October 2008, 21:09   #17
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
ravibhat, have you gone on the road from Chittoor leading to Tirupathi? That's looting.
I think the loot is the Hubli-Dharwad bye-pass. Just a 2 lane road and the same Nandi Infra who goes about talking about ethics (for the BMIC) loots us for that pathetic road
Old 7th October 2008, 21:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Please check out the following link which discusses the route details and road conditions for Bombay-Bangalore, when I drove through 10 days ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1005010-post1.html

And this one is a complete log book which will also give you complete details of teh route form Bombay/Pune to Bangalore

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR's DRIVING LOG BOOKS, Bombay to Chattisgarh via Bangalore & Hyderabad, Sep 2008

If you leave early in the morning, you can easily reach Pune the same day. But in case you get delayed, you can stay at Belgaum (Hotel Sankam Residency), Kolhapur (several hotels), Karad (Hotel Kinara), Satara (Hotel Mahendra).
Old 7th October 2008, 22:22   #19

Thanks HVKumar for the log.

few more queries

1. On the Pune-Bangalore trip, any hotels between Belgaum and B'lore

2. Which road is best to go to whitefield from Nelamangala?
Old 7th October 2008, 22:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

South of Belgaum, hotel scene is as follows:

- Hotel Hoysala, inside Dharwad city (you will have to skip the bypass)
- Hotel Ananth Residency, Hubli (same as above)
- Hotel Pooja International, Davangere (skip bypass, go into town via Harihar)
- Hotel Mayura, Chitradurga (also 2-3 hotels on bypass)

The direct route to go to Whitefield would be to go via Nelamangala, Peenya and at Dasarahalli, turn left onto the Ring Road and go via Jalahalli, Hebbal to Marthahalli.

Another, but more complex route (if you do not know Bangalore well) is to come via Dobespet (16 kms south of Tumkur) and go via Dodaballapur and Yelahanka to Hebbal and thereon.
Old 7th October 2008, 22:41   #21

Thanks for the quick reply

One last query...how far is Marthahalli from Nelamangala in case I take the outer ring road
Old 7th October 2008, 23:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

15-20 kms is my guess, but I think the Bangaloreans are more competent to answer this one.
Old 9th October 2008, 10:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

From nelamangala marthahalli is over 40KM either you chose the ring road or through the city.

Through the city the route is yeshwantpur –mekhri circle – ulsoor – old madras road – indiranagar – old airport road – marthahalli.

It is nearly 18 km from Nelamangala in NH4 till you reach the outer ring road exit. From here to Hebbal through Jalahalli cross is 8 KM. This 26 km would take atleast an hour. if you chose outer ring road from Hebbal to Marthahalli itself is 20km, but a lot of truck traffic. and now add to that the traffic from the new airport. From Hebbal it takes roughly 1.5 hours to reach marthahalli.

On the whole you would be in a lots of traffic jams. Try to reach these area quite late in the night or very early in the morning. You can do within an hour this 40 odd kms

Note from support tem: Do not use font/size/colour tags.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:05   #24
BHPian

Yeah on the Tumkur road, after you cross Peenya, move towards Yeshwantpur and there is a left turn which is a ring road and takes you to Hebbal Flyover. Take that road and continue on the ring road itself. Drive for around 20kms and then you will reach the marathalli junction from where a left will take towards whitefield. The best time to drive on these roads is between 7AM to 10AM on a saturday or sunday or else if you come on weekdays you should avoid these above timing. Anyways it would take around 1.5 -2hrs to reach from Peenya to whitefield on a busy traffic day.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

I just did Mahabaleshwar - Chennai via Bangalore a couple of days back. Started at 5.15 in the morning and reached Marathahalli at around 9.00 which included 2 hours work at Belgaum. I think if you are a decent driver you could do it in about 12 hours. The only stretch you need to worry about is between Haveri and Chitradurga which is about 130 kms. Should take you around 2 1/2 hours on decent days. If you are reaching Bangalore anywhere around the evening time expect very heavy truck traffic from Chitradurga onwards.

Also it makes more sense for you to take the left at Dobbspet Jn. - go to Doddballapur - Yelahanka - Hebbal and then take the ORR towards KR Puram and Whitefield. I left Sira at around 6.45 and reached Marathahalli around 9 PM which am fairly sure I would not have made it if I had opted for the regular Nelamangala - Peenya route.
Old 13th October 2008, 13:46   #26

Please tell me the more about Dobbspet Jn. - Doddballapur - Yelahanka - Hebbal route. I have tried finding this route on google/yahoo maps but roads are not very clear to me.
Old 13th October 2008, 14:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Here go the coordinates:

When you are coming from Pune side, you first cross Tumkur
You cross the toll gate.
You cross Upachar Kamat on the left
12 kms from the toll gate (and 2 kms after Upachar Kamat), you reach Dobespet.
There is a flyover here - take it if you want to continue on NH4 to Bangalore.
Go below the Flyover if you want to go to Dodballapur
There are 2left turns at the Flyover, take the second left.
37 kms from the Flyover is Dodballapur.
Turn right here (Straight goes to Devanahalli and new Airport, via Nandi Hills)
Within 1 km, you will cross a level crossing.
Turn right after the level crossing, go 6 kms via the Dodballapyur Railway Station.
You will cross another level crossing.
In the next 18 kms, you will reach the Yelahanka Rail Wheel Factory.
2 kms further down, you will reach a T Junction (with a signal) where you turn right.
And within 1 km, you touch the NH7, where you turn right and go towards Hebbal.
From the NH7 junction, it is 5 kms to the Hebbal Flyover, where you can get onto the Outer Ring Road, to connect to Old Madras Road, Hosur, etc.
Old 14th October 2008, 00:01   #28

I will be reaching nelamangala around 8-9 pm on a weekday so which route should i take - Dod ballapur or outer ring rd near yeshwantpur?

While returning I will be leaving whitefield at around 3:30 am . In that case which route will be better?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks