Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2008, 18:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Guys am planning to drive to Shirdi this month end, which route would be ideal?

As suggested by HV Kumar:

R 2: Aurangabad-Ahmedanagar-Pune-Satara-Karad-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Hubli-Davangere-Chitradurga-Bangalore
Advantage is that you are on great roads all the way, joining NH4 at Pune and taking 4-lane road all the way. Disadvantage is that you have to navigate Pune town. Ideal overnight halt could be Belgaum

R 3: Aurangabad-Ahmednagar-Karmala-Tembhurni-Pandarpur-Miraj-Sangli-Kolhapur, and rest along R 2. Shorter than R 2, but road between Tembhurni and Miraj is lonely. Belgaum is again an ideal overnight halt.

I have 9days ff and i plan to visit Shirdi and then to Goa, then via Shirsi -Shimoga i intend to get back to Bangalore.

Which route should i take to get to goa, i would prefer to drive throug scenic route..

All the info would be of a great help...
Old 28th September 2008, 20:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi Lohith, I feel from Shirdi to Goa best route would be via Amboli - Sawantwadi but I am not sure From Goa I suggest you try Karwar - Ankola - Mirjan - Devimane Ghat - Sirsi - Siddapur - Sagar - Shimoga - Bangalore.

NH17 is patch work has begun, so hopefully most of the bad patches would be repaired by now.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Guys am planning to drive to Shirdi this month end, which route would be ideal?
what is your exact plan?
is it like this?
banglore-shirdi-goa-shimoga-banglore.
Old 30th September 2008, 14:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Aurangabad-Ahmednagar-Pune road is awesome (came on it yesterday from Raipur to Bombay). Despite that 4-laning is incomplete, it is very fast, road condition impeccable and the occasional detours not something to lose speed over.

If you talk to any Pune-ite tbhpians, I am sure they will guide you on the proper road to take to reach NH4 from SH 60 (Ahmednagar-Pune road). Therefore, I would suggest R2.

On NH4, after Nippani (Kolhapur-Belgaum), turn off to go via Ajra, Amboli and Savantwadi to reach Goa.
Old 30th September 2008, 14:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

If you leave from Aurangabad/Shirdi early in the morning, you can reach Goa by nightfall.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I am planning a Bangalore - Shirdi - Aurangabad - Bangalore trip.
I have read about the routs , What is the minimum number of days required for this trip.

Is it worth reaching Aurangabad - See Ellora and Grineshwar and then go to shirdi or other way round.

Trip is with my parents , Wife and 3 year old kid in Safari on days adjoining good friday weekend. As of now thinking of 4 days in total starting thursday early morning and return on Sunday evening.

My plan is to start early morning from Bangalore and reach Pune by evening , Night halt there and then to Shirdi , have darshan reach Aurangabad by night,Visit Ellora and Grineshwar and start back.

Regards
Amit
Old 28th March 2010, 19:42   #22
BHPian

Amit,

This trip is definitely doable in 4 days. Starting on thursday & reaching Shirdi on friday is i feel is the best option. I used to travel from Aurangabad to shirdi almost every month or two on a friday during my two year stay in Aurangabad. Fridays afternoon i.e. about 1 p.m. used to be least crowded though not sure what is the condition now.

On one of my Shirdi trips from Bangalore we stayed at Ahmednagar. Travelled to Shirdi next day morning had darshan, then travelled to Shani Shingnapur before moving to Aurangabad. Next day went to Grisneshwar & Ellora which are pretty close, I guess less than a Km if I am not mistaken before starting for Bangalore.
Old 28th April 2014, 16:03   #23
BHPian

Calangute to Shirdi

Friends,

Though I searched the forum I couldn't find an good suggestion on this route. Can somebody help me with this?

Google maps show - Calangute-Banda-Sawantwadi-Amboli-Nipani-Satara-Shirdi. But how good is this road? Especially upto Nipani? Can I cover the distance in a day?

Also please advise best places to stay in Shirdi.

Thanks
Sudheer
Old 28th April 2014, 17:21   #24
Team-BHP Support

Re: Calangute to Shirdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheermenon View Post
Google maps show - Calangute-Banda-Sawantwadi-Amboli-Nipani-Satara-Shirdi. But how good is this road? Especially upto Nipani? Can I cover the distance in a day?
Calengute-Sanquelim-Chorla-Jambotti-Belgaum-Kolhapur-Satara-Pune-Nagar-Shirdi.

Can be done in a day but with strains of fatigue starting to build up in the end.
A 4AM start should take you to Belgaum by 7AM. Assume 6 hours for reaching Pune bypass near Katraj.

Add another 1-2 hours cross Pune; hop on to Nagar road and leaving the city traffic behind. Another 4 hours for the last stretch.

Basically we are talking reaching Shirdi by about 6-7 in the evening.

Quote:
There are many good places in Shirdi. You look for one, you will find a bundle to suite all budgets. What you are looking for depends on your budget.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 18:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Though I searched the forum I couldn't find an good suggestion on this route. Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks
Sudheer
You have got the route from Ampere,however imo stick to the amboli route as the road is good now and you dont have to negotiate belgaum town roads.

You should be able to get to Kolhapur in 4 hours and from there another 3 hours to Pune and another 5 to shirdi.and another 1hour for breaks in between,

Shraddha Park Inn,Sun n Sand are the upmarket place sto stay in Shirdi.Other than that look up the travel portals and you would find dime a dozen places to stay.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 12:34   #26
BHPian

Thanks Ampere and Ranjit.

Do I have to go to Pune? Google shows an alternate route from Satara-Lonand-Kedagaon-Ahmednagar-Shirdi. Would that be better choice to avoid pune traffic?
Old 29th April 2014, 13:00   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere and Ranjit.

Do I have to go to Pune? Google shows an alternate route from Satara-Lonand-Kedagaon-Ahmednagar-Shirdi. Would that be better choice to avoid pune traffic?
Oh yes! The route via Daund is not worth it. And that is the reason, you also tend to lose time trying to cross Pune.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks