Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 10:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Ahmedabad to Somnath

Hi All,

I'm planning a visit to Diu next week and it looks like the hotels / resorts suggested in some of the forums (Radhika Resorts / Rasal Resorts) etc are packed. Can someone who recently visited this place give some pointers or where we can stay? A nice place for a family of two.

Thanks in advance!

R-Six
Old 29th March 2012, 12:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Hi All,

I'm planning a visit to Diu next week and it looks like the hotels / resorts suggested in some of the forums (Radhika Resorts / Rasal Resorts) etc are packed. Can someone who recently visited this place give some pointers or where we can stay? A nice place for a family of two.

Thanks in advance!

R-Six
Check out Hoka Resort (www.resorthoka.com). I have not stayed there myself but a friend stayed there recently and has given good feedback about the place.
Sandy28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 12:43   #18
BHPian

[quote=Sandy28;2729814]Check out Hoka Resort (www.resorthoka.com). I have not stayed there myself but a friend stayed there recently and has given good feedback about the place.[/h QUOTE]

Thanks Sandy! I was reading about this place in tripadvisor and most of the reviews were good!

I've been checking the availability and so far I was able to get positive responses from Magico Do Mar and The Resort Hoka - India, Diu India, Diu Tourism, Beach resort, Nagoa Beach, India Tourism.

Still confused. But yea, a vacation over the next weekend is for sure.

Thanks again!

R-Six
Old 29th March 2012, 19:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am sure the road conditions between Rajkot-Junagarh-Veraval(Somnath) will be good now.
I can confirm that the road condition from Junagadh to Somnath is not good. At least that was the case when we visited in Feb 2011.
Old 29th March 2012, 20:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
I can confirm that the road condition from Junagadh to Somnath is not good. At least that was the case when we visited in Feb 2011.
Correct. Four Laning of this route(Veraval-Junagadh) is going to start soon and its highly unlikely that repair work( of the potholes/unevenness) will be done in the near future. That being said, even Veraval-Diu is not in good condition(at some places).
Old 29th March 2012, 20:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Correct. Four Laning of this route(Veraval-Junagadh) is going to start soon and its highly unlikely that repair work( of the potholes/unevenness) will be done in the near future. That being said, even Veraval-Diu is not in good condition(at some places).
Actually Veraval - Diu is aweful in most of the places. Totally bone-jarring journey.
Old 29th March 2012, 20:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Actually Veraval - Diu is aweful in most of the places. Totally bone-jarring journey.
You probably are referring to the stretch between Praachi & Kodinar, the Kodinar bye pass specifically. This stretch has undergone repairs and today, is not as bad as it used to be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks