Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 08:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
...Sorry, but these numbers on an Alto is hard to believe. If you really did it, why not take part it the next edition of INRC?
I have nothing to prove here. I mentioned what I did. Your belief is yours.

And thanks for the suggestion, but I rather not.
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Did the same stretch last Sunday; started from my house at 3:15am and reached Mysore (the signal from where we take the left to Ooty) at 04:40. The more that expected traffic and the rain did slow me down a bit. And as always, I was driving with the A/c on, full time.

What I am trying to say here is just that is possible to do this time with an Alto, and nothing else.

And this was not done by blind / rash driving. But did make sure to speed up as soon as I was slowed down by traffic / bumpers etc.

And I stay 10kms from Kengari, maybe that also helped in doing this distance so fast!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 3rd September 2008 at 10:03.
Old 4th September 2008, 02:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

I have never done this route in early morning, so maybe my perception is a little different. Also about the Alto.

What makes me slow on Mysore road are the gaps in the medians(some just after a curve) and road umps without any warnings. I have had people coming on the wrong side, trucks taking U turns etc without looking, so I never could do good average speeds(certainly not above 100 kph) on Mysore road. Also, I just realized that I am growing old.
Old 4th September 2008, 11:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have never done this route in early morning, so maybe my perception is a little different. Also about the Alto...
You are not the only one; even I had a doubt about my claim when you mentioned it and hence it lead me to start of almost at the same time and recheck my statement.

And yes, when I did mention this to few other people, they also refused to believe it, especially with an Alto, and termed me as a 'crazy' driver. But I know that at no point of time did I do anything dangerous or anything that might have caused me to lose control of the vehicle (for god sake, had my family with me!!!).

Quote:
...What makes me slow on Mysore road are the gaps in the medians(some just after a curve) and road umps without any warnings. I have had people coming on the wrong side, trucks taking U turns etc without looking, so I never could do good average speeds(certainly not above 100 kph) on Mysore road. Also, I just realized that I am growing old.
The humps are a let down! Especially the ones in Mandya. On most of the rubblers (the 3-strip ones), I just go on. Its the 5+ strips that I slow down and the single large ones that are there. The most dangerous one is the one on the turn to Maddur (where the highway turns right, on the way to Mysore).
Old 7th January 2009, 16:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Whats the shortest route to Mysore from Trivandrum?
Old 7th January 2009, 19:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Started from Bangalore at 03:30 and reached Mysore @ 04:45.
I know am late here, but then I simply find it hard to believe the time you have mentioned(75mins). I do this stretch almost every weekend and drive back to bangy as early as 4:00am in the morning on Mondays.

My best time ever clocked was 1hr and 35mins door to door. Thats Jayalakshmipuram(Mysore) to Jalahalli(Bangalore) and we left home that morning at 4am.

Even with the speedo constantly hovering around 120-130kmph I haven't been able to do it in the time you mentioned. Whats the mantra ?
Old 7th January 2009, 20:11   #37
BHPian

its unfortunate that many bhpians who write their street and travel experiences mention or boast off on how little time they took to reach say from mysore to bangalore.talks of 1 hr 30 min, 1hr 40 min or even 75 minutes in a alto, is not in good sense as the moto of a travel is to reach the destination with comfort and safety.even if you can do the mysore -blr in 75 min with avg speed of 120kmph, can you stop the car in an emergency? none of our roads are designed for that speed. and you guys boast off saying your family memebers too were with you, as if justifying the speed. Why kill them along with you? are you trying to outdo each other in speed sweep stakes? lot of beautiful speed tracks are there, one in coimbatore ( kari spped track), one near chennai, why not try your skills there instead of on highways and endanger not only your lives but also your dear ones and other users of high way? please remember: our roads not speed tracks, nor you get multiple opportunities to live long.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
... Whats the mantra ?
I have no idea!

Had my own doubts after the first run but then did the same run the second weekend and got almost the same timing! And the second time there was also rain and a bit more traffic than the first time!

Maybe I was pushing my vehicle too much!

It just that most of the time when I drive I just go ahead and drive at a speed that I am comfortable with and not look at the speed. Sometimes it is 140kmph and sometimes I am scared to go over 80kmph! It all depends on the traffic and the route.

And no, I am not trying to create a record or I have reflex of Schumy or do anything that might set me apart from the rest of the driving crowd. I just drive.
Old 7th January 2009, 21:43   #39
Team-BHP Support

10kms from Kengeri and just before entering Mysore looks doable. Riju your's is from north Bangy to inside mysore city.

Most Viewed