Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 08:54   #16
BHPian

Advice re Bageshwar, Baijnath and Kasauni

We are very excited about our impending trip to Garhwal and Kumaon which we could plan with inputs from all of you.

We would like to also visit Bageshwar,Baijnath and Kasauni. We are halting for 2 nights at Ranikhet and 2 nights at Binsar before we go on to Bhimtal. Is it possible for us to do this circuit from either of these places? Which is preferable? What are the distances and roads like between these places?

Any latest info re weather and road conditions in Uttarakhand now - we will be there from 20 Sep to 8 Oct.

Thanks.

Rekha
Old 12th September 2008, 10:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

The circuit would be as follows, in the order of travel:

Delhi-Kathagodam-Bhimtal 20 kms-Nainital 20 kms-Almora 68 kms-Binsar 33kms-Bageshwar 65 kms-Baijnath 23 kms-Kasauni (have to check distance)-Ranikhet (have to check)-Nainital 66 kms-Kathagodam-Delhi.

Road conditions are very good. Weather will be lovely.
Old 12th September 2008, 15:42   #18
BHPian

Perhaps I was not clear in my mail. We will be reaching Ranikhet after having done Haridwar, Mussoorie, Tehri, Pauri and Karnaprayag. We will be staying for 2 days at Ranikhet and the next 2 days at Binsar. Can we do Baijnath etc from either Ranikhet or Binsar as a day trip?
Old 12th September 2008, 16:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs49 View Post
Perhaps I was not clear in my mail. We will be reaching Ranikhet after having done Haridwar, Mussoorie, Tehri, Pauri and Karnaprayag. We will be staying for 2 days at Ranikhet and the next 2 days at Binsar. Can we do Baijnath etc from either Ranikhet or Binsar as a day trip?
2 days in Ranikhet will be too much, there is nothing to do there unless you just want to sit back and relax. Take a walk on the old mall road, which is 3-4 km from proper ranikhet and motorable. Enjoy the Garden at the end of market with rare species of plant, if that interest you.

Baijnath is possible as a day trip from Ranikhet.
Old 13th September 2008, 11:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Kathagodam-Delhi.

Road conditions are very good.
The Road conditions via Rudrapur, Bilaspur Rampur till Moradabad are very very Bad. From Kathgodam you'll come down to Haldwani and from there you better take the Kaladhungi route for the most beautiful scenery and absolutely amazing roads.
Old 13th September 2008, 20:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
The Road conditions via Rudrapur, Bilaspur Rampur till Moradabad are very very Bad. From Kathgodam you'll come down to Haldwani and from there you better take the Kaladhungi route for the most beautiful scenery and absolutely amazing roads.
Oops! I meant the roads in Uttarakhand, overlooked the initial part. Yes, the roads between Delhi and Moradabad/Kathagodam are as bad as ever. One more exception - the road from Almora to Bageshwar is very narrow and may have some bad sections.
Old 15th September 2008, 15:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
2 days in Ranikhet will be too much, there is nothing to do there unless you just want to sit back and relax.
Baijnath is possible as a day trip from Ranikhet.
Since there does not appear to be much to do in Ranikhet, we are veering around to cutting down one night there and instead spending one night at Kausani ( from where we can do Baijnath) before going on to Binsar.

Is the route back to Delhi via Kaladhungi much longer than one via Rampur?
Old 15th September 2008, 15:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

You can come from Kathagodam to Kaladungi and Moradabad, avoiding Rampur.
Old 18th September 2008, 15:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
You can come from Kathagodam to Kaladungi and Moradabad, avoiding Rampur.
KMVN has opened an office here in Hyderabad a few days ago. We went to book our stay at Kasauni and were happy to meet senior people from the KMVN who are here for the Pacific Asia Travel Association conference being hosted here.

They all recommended the same route you have - via Kaladhungi to Moradabad.

We are starting off tomorrow from here to Delhi and are looking forward with excitement to the whole trip.

Thanks to all for the useful inputs.

Regards,

Rekha
Old 21st September 2008, 04:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

On the Delhi-Moradabad stretch, the bit from Hapur to Gajraula is in really bad shape right now due to 4-laning & incessant rains. There are unmarked diversions, roads have to be found from amongst potholes (of the massive variety!) and in some places there are no roads!

If you're not familiar with the stretch/regular traveller on it, do avoid any night travel at all costs.
Old 21st September 2008, 05:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Trip to Corbett

By mistake i posted the post twice.
Hense i am editing this post

MODS please delete this post if possible

Last edited by harjeev : 21st September 2008 at 05:51.
Old 21st September 2008, 05:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Trip to Corbett

Quote:
You can go to Rudraprayag from Musoorie via Dhanolti, Chamba, New Tehri and Deoprayag instead of coming to Rishikesh.

Day trips from Musoorie: Kempty Falls, Dhanolti, Surkhanda Devi

from Ranikhet: Binsar, Baijnath, Gwaldam, Corbett WLS
Hey guys,
I am leaving for Corbett during the 2nd Oct long weekend for 4 days. We would be 3 of us (actually 2 adults and 1 child 3 yrs old)

As its too short a time so i am staying at the resorts just outside the Corbett National Park ('C NP') and havent tried to get bookings inside the C NP

Also I have never been to 'C NP' before and this would be the 1st time and i have further come to read that the main 'Dhikala' gate and the Dhikala Forest Lodge opens after Nov 15.

My Queries are

So is going there this time of the year a mistake?

Will I be able to go inside the 'C NP'?

What kind of activities can i expect this this of the year?

What would be the weather be like?

Any other tips would be highly appreciated?

Please advise...

Last edited by harjeev : 21st September 2008 at 05:57.
Old 21st September 2008, 20:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

harjeev, be watchful about the flood situation developed in Uttaranchal and Himanchal. Corbett recieves bad flood during heavy rains as I know.

Keep talking to hotel people for latest situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey guys,
I am leaving for Corbett during the 2nd Oct long weekend for 4 days. We would be 3 of us (actually 2 adults and 1 child 3 yrs old)

As its too short a time so i am staying at the resorts just outside the Corbett National Park ('C NP') and havent tried to get bookings inside the C NP

Also I have never been to 'C NP' before and this would be the 1st time and i have further come to read that the main 'Dhikala' gate and the Dhikala Forest Lodge opens after Nov 15.

My Queries are

So is going there this time of the year a mistake?

Will I be able to go inside the 'C NP'?

What kind of activities can i expect this this of the year?

What would be the weather be like?

Any other tips would be highly appreciated?

Please advise...
Old 9th January 2014, 07:36   #29

Siliguri to Dehradun on my beast... Tata Safari 2.2 Dicor

I am planning a road trip from Siliguri to dehradun on my Safari Dicor...I wish to seek team BHpians advice on places to halt...Roads/route to be followed and any other relevant info considering the weather conditions prevailing presently...This is my first post in the long association ahead with Team BHP..Hoping a positive response..
Thank you
harry_1732 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed