Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 12:55   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
Folks,
Is it worth visiting Shivanasamudra these days? Is there water in the fall?
I was thinking of visiting during upcoming weekend. Please guide.

Pranav
There is no water being let go in the river Cauvery. The falls will be dry.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:44   #227
BHPian

Friends,

We are planning a trip to Talakad next week.

1) Can you suggest some restaurants on NH 209 for Breakfast? We are planning to start from Marathhalli around 7AM. I heard few new eat outs have come up on NH 209 on the way to Shivanasamudram but not sure about them.

2) We are planning to halt at Talakad and have lunch over there. I heard there are few vegetarian Mess nearby. Are they good enough to have lunch over there?

Your inputs will be of great help.

Thank you
Old 22nd January 2016, 17:09   #228
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
1) Can you suggest some restaurants on NH 209 for Breakfast? We are planning to start from Marathhalli around 7AM. I heard few new eat outs have come up on NH 209 on the way to Shivanasamudram but not sure about them.
Here are some of the options I've been to/seen/read on the forum:
1. The Kitchen on Kanakapura road outskirts of Bangalore (see posts by mpksuhas and others on the forum threads)
2. Vasu hotel in Kanakapura town, board is in Kannada and small entrance leading to a large hall - I've been here and this is a good place for South indian breakfast, good idlis and vadas
3. Shrinivas Sagar - very close to Vasu Hotel, good no-frills place for South indian breakfast (see the Sunday morning rides thread)
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:08   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

If you are planning to go through the city (ORR-Silk board-J.P.Nagar-Kanakapura road), you should be on Kanakapura road by around 7:30 AM, and it would probably be better to have breakfast before leaving city limits. There's a pretty decent Adigas restaurant on Kanakapura road on the right hand side of the road (opposite Yellappa Dasappa Institute of Technology) which should be ideal since you'll be there by around 7:45 or so.

If taking the NICE road you'll join NH209 further south - so Adigas is not an option, and there are very few choices from there on till "The Kitchen" that @NPV mentioned - it comes up about 10 kms before Kanakapura on the right hand side of the road.

Quote:
2) We are planning to halt at Talakad and have lunch over there. I heard there are few vegetarian Mess nearby. Are they good enough to have lunch over there?
Can't recall seeing anything decent on the main road in Talakad. There's a backwater resort called Jaladhama on the other side of Cauvery (across the river from Mudukuthore) - that should be about 5-6 kms by road. You could perhaps check with them if they serve lunch.
Old 22nd January 2016, 23:21   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

Had been to Vasu hotel in Kanakapura road enroute Mysore after reading reviews in some other threads, and the breakfast was good. You will get good idly and dosa.

If you take ring road and join Kanakapura road, you should probably reach Vasu hotel between 8.30 to 9.
Old 25th January 2016, 21:37   #231
BHPian

Quote:
If you are ok with going via the regular Bangalore-Mysore highway to Talakadu, this post might help : 1 day Talakadu trip

There are small restaurants (actually just tables and chairs under trees beneath blue tarpaulin) at Talakadu itself. Wouldnt recommend it though.
When we went for this trip, we had an early lunch at around 11:30 AM at one of the restaurants after Channapatna, then went on to Talakadu and returned back to Maddur by tea time.
Old 26th January 2016, 18:51   #232
Senior - BHPian

Drove via Kanakapura-Malavalli-Shivanasamudra on Saturday 23-Jan-2016.
Road conditions are very good all throughout and new patches are laid out between Kanakapura and Malavalli.

Since i started late, i finished breakfast in Bangalore itself before taking NICE Ring road. Hope i will try Vasu hotel in next trip.

-Ravi
Old 17th June 2016, 12:55   #233
BHPian

has anyone been to Shivanasamudra recently? I am wondering if the water flow is adequate to make the trip worthwhile. Planning a day picnic this weekend
Old 17th June 2016, 16:24   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
has anyone been to Shivanasamudra recently? I am wondering if the water flow is adequate to make the trip worthwhile. Planning a day picnic this weekend

I passed by two weeks ago and saw it roaring.

Last year around the same time we did a family picnic out here. We enjoyed both the falls. Post this we crossed the road bridge ( road towards chamarajnagar) and took a sharp right turn at the end of the bridge. We could park by the banks of the river and we had more than enough space to spread a blanket to have some home cooked variety rice and other food we had carried. It was well worth it.
Old 7th July 2017, 10:53   #235
BHPian

Folks, I am planning to visit the falls tomorrow. Any recent updates on the water levels to make it worthwhile and the road condition ?
Old 7th July 2017, 11:50   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Folks, I am planning to visit the falls tomorrow. Any recent updates on the water levels to make it worthwhile and the road condition ?
Looks like there is decent outflow from KRS based on this data. Should not be a total waste of time to drive there. Route conditions is good except for some road widening work around Kanakpura & couple of other places I think. Do check the wayand or kerala thread for more details.
Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-dam1.jpg
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 20:53   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you visit the falls? pics please
Old 23rd July 2017, 09:25   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Did you visit the falls? pics please
I manage to visit it yesterday and was seriously disappointed to say the least. I will let the picture speak for itself. The road condition has improved in general, they have widened the road at all major towns on the way and some work is still in progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-1500781945497.jpg  

Old 24th July 2017, 07:41   #239
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

Quote:
I manage to visit it yesterday and was seriously disappointed to say the least.
Its been raining quite heavy over the Cauvery basin. Most damns holding the tributaries are getting filled up. Once they release, levels in KRS Mysore should improve. But they will still hold water in KRS till levels improve.
Old 8th August 2017, 14:57   #240

Re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

Planning to take a one day trip this weekend. Intend to cover Shivanasamudra Falls and Br Hills.

Route plan is Bangalore - Kanakpura (Stop for breakfast) - Malavalli - Shivanasamudra - BR temple - BR Sanctuary - Chamrajanagar - Malavalli - Bangalore

Any suggestions for route modification or otherwise? I could take the same route back from BR hills, but hear that BR Hills - Chamrajanagar is very scenic, so planning to cover it.

Also need suggestions for Lunch and Dinner stops please. Breakfast is likely going to be Vasu at Kanakpura.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks