Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 22:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
SunnyBoi- Are these the roads that you see massive Piping work going on?
Nope, none of the roads have any construction near them.
Old 15th July 2013, 06:44   #92
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Here ya go - 1 is a restricted place with gates and security guards. You need to coax them to let you in
Attachment 1109599
Since you seem to be very familiar with the area :

I noticed a signboard on a road that goes left towards the river from NH209 (when coming from Bangalore) indicating a "Mayura restaurant" (probably KSTDC ?) a little bit south of the point (2) you've marked on the map. Any idea how good this restaurant is ?
Old 16th July 2013, 23:17   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Since you seem to be very familiar with the area :

I noticed a signboard on a road that goes left towards the river from NH209 (when coming from Bangalore) indicating a "Mayura restaurant" (probably KSTDC ?) a little bit south of the point (2) you've marked on the map. Any idea how good this restaurant is ?
This is the state tourism dept hotel/restaurant which is just beside the view point at Gaganachukki (inside hydel project area). Rooms are basic but clean. Attached restaurant is ok. There's a small park attached where kids can enjoy. And the view is awesome from the front balconies.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 21:47   #94
BHPian

Been to Shivanasamudram and Talakadu today. Kaveri is in full glory now..!!

The falls
Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-img_2903.jpg

Talakadu
Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-img_3074.jpg
RajeshK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 22:27   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Last to last week, had drive down on 209 beyond Kollegal and could see lots of water and good flow on Cauvery. So thought the falls should be great now. But due to lack of time, could not make it.

Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries-img_9371a3.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 21st July 2013 at 22:35.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:06   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much RajeshK! I am planning to visit this place coming weekend and your information encourages me more to visit here. Great pictures man..
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:01   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
I am planning to visit this place coming weekend and your information encourages me more to visit here. Great pictures man..
The KRS Dam is getting full and if the rain continues like this there are chances that they will open few more shutters soon, this will add up the glory to the falls. So please watchout for the news. If you planning a trip, please pack your food and don't miss Talakadu picnic spot.
RajeshK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:10   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The KRS Dam is getting full and if the rain continues like this there are chances that they will open few more shutters soon, this will add up the glory to the falls. So please watchout for the news. If you planning a trip, please pack your food and don't miss Talakadu picnic spot.
+1. While talking to some who was Mysore this weekend, I got to know that the water level is near full. Very soon they may have to open the gates.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1. While talking to some who was Mysore this weekend, I got to know that the water level is near full. Very soon they may have to open the gates.
There is a very high likelihood of water being released today - This weekend should be perfect!

It will take a day approximately for the water to reach Shivanasamudra from KRS.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 17:22   #100
BHPian

Quote:
There is a very high likelihood of water being released today - This weekend should be perfect!

It will take a day approximately for the water to reach Shivanasamudra from KRS.
Thank you SunnyBoi, Ampere and RajeshK for your inputs. I am planning to go this weekend with my family.(Sat-Sun). I am planning to cover Talakadu and Somnathpura along with Shivanasamundra. Do you know any accommodation options nearby for a night stay?
Old 24th July 2013, 18:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you SunnyBoi, Ampere and RajeshK for your inputs. I am planning to go this weekend with my family.(Sat-Sun). I am planning to cover Talakadu and Somnathpura along with Shivanasamundra. Do you know any accommodation options nearby for a night stay?
I would visit Shivanasamudra, Talakadu and then Somanathapura. Stay at Mysore since Mysore is hardly 20-25kms from Mysore.

Spend half a day roaming around Mysore and then set off back to Bangalore

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th July 2013 at 19:25. Reason: "Stay at Mysore since Mysore is hardly 20-25kms from Mysore."?? Please PM me the reqd edit ;)
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 02:15   #102
BHPian

Quote:
I would visit Shivanasamudra, Talakadu and then Somanathapura. Stay at Mysore since Mysore is hardly 20-25kms from Mysore.

Spend half a day roaming around Mysore and then set off back to Bangalore
Thank you SunnyBoi. Checked on Google maps, found Somnathapura as the nearest location (33 kms) from Mysore. I have booked Hotel Aishwarya Residency in Mysore for the night stay from makemytrip.com. Found nice user reviews of the hotel with cheaper rates. Will add the travelogue of my trip next week with lots of pics.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 06:53   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you SunnyBoi. Checked on Google maps, found Somnathapura as the nearest location (33 kms) from Mysore. I have booked Hotel Aishwarya Residency in Mysore for the night stay from makemytrip.com. Found nice user reviews of the hotel with cheaper rates. Will add the travelogue of my trip next week with lots of pics.
If you're not too tired in the evening, visit KRS! Brindavan gardens with musical fountain will be a delight to watch in the evening.
Old 29th July 2013, 11:21   #104
BHPian

I am planning to visit the falls from Bangalore given the beautiful weather. But somewhere I read that there are a bunch of locals who stop your car both ways just before the falls and demand money. Not too sure how true is it, but any information on the same would be helpful.

Cheers!
Old 29th July 2013, 22:50   #105
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveesh_k View Post
I am planning to visit the falls from Bangalore given the beautiful weather. But somewhere I read that there are a bunch of locals who stop your car both ways just before the falls and demand money. Not too sure how true is it, but any information on the same would be helpful.
We did encounter such a group on the way to Barachukki falls, near an old temple, but it turned out they were assuming we're visiting the temple and wanted us to pay the Parking fee (not sure if it was Rs.10 or 20) and were also issuing receipts. We told them we're visiting the falls and proceeded. However, the forest department collects a parking/entry fee near Barachukki falls which you have to pay.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks