Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 06:55   #286

Re: Bangalore - Shivanasamudra : Route Queries

What is the best route to reach Shivasamudram from Malleshwaram ? I hear the old mysore route till Maddur is fine but have not risked it yet. My recent trip to Srirangapattanam was still on the longer kunigal-nagamangala route where literally close eyes and drive

Till what point we can drive to the falls. I hope there is parking where we can park and walk to the falls ? Its my first visit with family. Looking forward to some help on these questions
Old 17th November 2022, 13:35   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariswami View Post
What is the best route to reach Shivasamudram from Malleshwaram ? I hear the old mysore route till Maddur is fine but have not risked it yet. My recent trip to Srirangapattanam was still on the longer kunigal-nagamangala route where literally close eyes and drive

Till what point we can drive to the falls. I hope there is parking where we can park and walk to the falls ? Its my first visit with family. Looking forward to some help on these questions
Don't know your starting point from Bangalore. But if you are not close to North Bangalore (Yeshwanthpur side), then take the regular Mysore highway till Maddur. Then take left to Malavalli and from there on Shivanasamudra. Roads from Maddur onwards are undivided but good, wide 2-lane roads. Parking is available near both Gaganachukki and Barachukki falls.
Only small food stalls near both falls. Decent place for restroom break for family is difficult to find after Maddur. Hotel Saviruchi at Malavalli may be the only decent place for food and bio break.
Good luck. Hope this helps.
Old 17th November 2022, 14:54   #288

Thank you..Food is not an issue for us as we pack food with us. How about road to Talakadu from shivasamudram ? Can we come back through the same route as well late afternoon ? Start point/end point is Malleshwaram..Also any idea on whether there is entry time to falls. We plan to start early (630AM) and probably reach the falls by 9am
Old 17th November 2022, 15:49   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Only small food stalls near both falls. Decent place for restroom break for family is difficult to find after Maddur. Hotel Saviruchi at Malavalli may be the only decent place for food and bio break.
Good luck. Hope this helps.
Hotel Mayura near Bharachukki is a decent option for lunch. However the place may get crowded resulting in delayed service.
Old 17th November 2022, 16:18   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariswami View Post
Thank you..Food is not an issue for us as we pack food with us. How about road to Talakadu from shivasamudram ? Can we come back through the same route as well late afternoon ? Start point/end point is Malleshwaram..Also any idea on whether there is entry time to falls. We plan to start early (630AM) and probably reach the falls by 9am
Forgot to mention this in my previous post. There are lots of monkeys around the falls. Beware of carrying food out in the open. I have seen monkeys attack tourists with food - not a pleasant experience at all.
I have not travelled to Talakadu. Hope other BHPians can help you on this.
Starting from Malleshwaram, the usual direct Mysore highway should be fine. Falls should be open by 9am. Same route should be fine on the return as well.

There is a Mayura (KSTDC) hotel at Barachukki and Hotel Lakshadeep at Gaganachukki. You may be able to take bio-break there, if needed.

Last edited by srvm : 17th November 2022 at 16:20.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 20:57   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone been to falls recently. Due to lack of rains + current season, it's expected that water flow will be low, however wanted to know if anyone been there recently just to check if atleast it makes sense for someone to visit.

Someone I know is planning on visiting alog with Mysore, hence the query.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks