Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2013, 18:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Good Hotels in Yelagiri Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Should a good weekend outing. Surely there is nothing much to do in Yelagiri. But drive to the place is of course of one of the reasons!
Well said, there is nothing to see and enjoy other than the drive. I went to this place today. Started at 8am and reached there by 11. Started back at 3pm and reached my home at 5:15pm.

On the way stopped at A2B before Krishnagiri for breakfast.The road is good till elagiri. The ghat roads are narrow but well marked. Had lunch at Landmark and Non-Veg buffet was Rs200/- per head.

The place is a complete disappointment for me and my family. Only the driver enjoyed the day..!!!
Old 17th November 2013, 22:52   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
The place is a complete disappointment for me and my family. Only the driver enjoyed the day..!!!
What I have come to realise is for such places you need to double up with other families or head in a group. So at least you get the pleasure of company of your friends while being out of town. That makes a good weekend.

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2015 at 19:45.
Old 20th November 2013, 14:21   #33
BHPian

Check out Midvalley Residence (http://midvalleyresidence.com) - IMO the only decent place to stay in Yelagiri. Have stayed there twice and, although there's nothing much to do, its a peaceful, relaxing place for a weekend.
ajitkommini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 21:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Check out Midvalley Residence (http://midvalleyresidence.com) - IMO the only decent place to stay in Yelagiri. Have stayed there twice and, although there's nothing much to do, its a peaceful, relaxing place for a weekend.
Hello,

What is the tariff?
Old 20th November 2013, 23:09   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Hello,

What is the tariff?
Its mentioned on their site. The rate varies depending on the # of rooms you choose for your apartment.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 17:03   #36
BHPian

Went to Yelagiri this weeked with family. The weather is good. Stayed in a cottage in Zeenath Taj Gardens. Enjoyed the stay overall. As mentioned by others the hotel is in the middle of mango garden. You have lot of space to play, roam around. Table tennis, carrom, chess etc was available. They also provide badminton rackets if needed. Kids will enjoy the huge play area. The entry to the hotel will surprise you as there is absolutely no road. Its like a mini off roading experience to the figo all the way from hotel enterance to the cottage(Rs.2250+tax per day) through mango garden. The cottage was spacious. You need to inform in advance if you need food. Breakfast-150,Lunch/Dinner - 200. Food was good.

Few issues which we faced - There are a lot of bees/insects flying around, few came inside the room as well which i had to kill. On Satruday while we decided to go out for a drive the main gate was just getting installed. We were asked to wait for 2 mins so that they can complete the welding. The wait went on for 20 mins before i blasted them. Promptly expressed this concern to the reception and advised them to do such activities without disturbing the occupants. No room service. No alcohol.

Inspite of the above minor issues, i would definitely stay there again. Kids love there. Cost effective. Good food. Lots of privacy. Off roading.
Old 17th March 2014, 17:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
I second this place. Its a very nice and cozy place. They dont serve food. Its got from a nearby restro. They have a working kitchen, so one can cook if needed

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2015 at 19:53. Reason: Removed mentions to alchohol
Old 27th November 2015, 19:13   #38
BHPian

Went there for a 2 day trip on 26/27 Nov 2015. Stayed at KumarRaja Palace, very good Food, Surrounded by Greenery, a bit inside the main road though. Sadly the lake and the boating is closed since quite some time so were a bit disappointed, but visited the Murugan temple and Adventure Trail on day one.In recommended places, the nature park is also nice alongwith some trekking spots that we discovered around the hotel. Checked the boating thing again today, still closed so ended up visiting the Jalagaramparai waterfalls nearby which is a decent enough experience. But overall not much to do in Yelagiri as of now.
Old 19th August 2016, 21:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have booked Sterling Marigold ridge resorts for September 11th to 13th. Has anyone stayed here in the near past and how is the stay there. Is it good and comfortable? I am travelling with wife and a 3.5 year old child(son).
Old 19th August 2016, 21:55   #40
sud
BHPian

Went to Yelagiri three of weeks back. Stayed in http://www.auravalley.com/
Very nice place and lots of activities to do (for both adults and kids). Basic neat and clean place (don't expect any luxury) We also had our own tents so we camped out side in the property.
Old 19th August 2016, 22:26   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post

Inspite of the above minor issues, i would definitely stay there again. Kids love there. Cost effective. Good food. Lots of privacy. Off roading.
Even my experience is same with Zeenat Taj gardens. I agree that it is a nice place to stay, especially for the cost paid. Other problem we faced was food was delayed - we are usually early eaters during dinner (7pm) and food was not ready until 8:45pm. Also since there are not much options anyway outside, we had to live it up with this delay during our stay.
Old 11th September 2016, 18:45   #42
BHPian

Planning to Yelagiri hills next weekend. Bhpians who hace been there recently, please inform whether lake and nature park is closed?
Also planning to book zeenat taj gardens hotel.

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 12th September 2016, 18:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Planning to Yelagiri hills next weekend. Bhpians who hace been there recently, please inform whether lake and nature park is closed?
Visited Yelagiri during the Aug 15th weekend. Stayed in Zeenath Taj as usual. My 5th time there I think. We are a big fan of the resort and their food(Mutton Biriyani!!). Nature park was open. Did not visit lake, so no idea. Try the trekking offered by Zeenath Taj. Its good.
And there are a couple of adventure sports centers open now in Yelagiri which you can try if you want. Enjoy.
pisthpeeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 00:30   #44
BHPian

Stayed at Landmark resort the week of Diwali in Nov 2015. It was raining and we stayed a couple of extra nights as I didn't want to drive back in inclement weather. Pretty decent resort, 5 mins walk from the lake and reasonably priced. We paid approx 3k for a large room with two king size cots to sleep 5, three adults and two kids.
Wasn't much crowd maybe due to the rain and the festival. We relaxed indoors most of the time and ventured out nearby for fruit shopping and once a walk around the lake. The resort had TT, place for volleyball, badminton etc
Food was good and service during the buffet was a bit sketchy. Due to the rains milk was in short supply and I got into a tiff when I wasn't served extra tea during (buffet) breakfast. Otherwise it was a pleasant stay.
Old 16th September 2016, 09:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Also planning to book zeenat taj gardens hotel.

Thanks,
Ramki
Hi Ramki - I travelled from Sep 11th - 13th (this week). I stayed at Sterling Marigold ridge.

Yes very much - Lake is open and so is the boating. Even the nature park is open (bang opposite to lake-road).
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks