Team-BHP - Good Hotels in Yelagiri Hills
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Good Hotels in Yelagiri Hills (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/43235-good-hotels-yelagiri-hills.html)

Hi All,

We are planning to visit Yelagiri Hills for August 15 long weekend. If any one who had been to Yelagiri Hills can suggest few good places to stay and also about places to see while we are there.

Thanks,
Muralisk

Check with mclaren1885, (rahul) he had organised our last meet there. he should have all details handy and can even recommend which one to stay at.

Murali, pls do a search for Yelagiri, right here on TBHP. We have had atleast 2 outings there, and there's a lot of information.

Thanks iceman91 and condor. I shall search the forum. Will also write to mclaren1885.

Hotel Hills
Hotel Yelagiri Hills Country Club

are the two decent places very near to the lake. I stayed in both the places in last visits.

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 921305)
Hotel Hills
Hotel Yelagiri Hills Country Club

are the two decent places very near to the lake. I stayed in both the places in last visits.

Abhi

Thanks Abhi ... Will check them out.

Silent Water Retreat is a new resoort in Yelagiri and heard its good.

Any good restaurants in Yelagiri ? The last time I visited about 2 years ago there was hardly any good place to eat there - especially on a weekday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 2599035)
Any good restaurants in Yelagiri ? The last time I visited about 2 years ago there was hardly any good place to eat there - especially on a weekday.

There is a hotel called Landmark, which also has a restaurant.
Decent place for both and to eat (given the fact that there very few hotels).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975

Here goes my choice of restaurants in yelagiri.

1. Silent waters resort - resort and food
2. Sterling resorts

Apart from these two there is hardly any other place where u get good food

The food overall in Yelagiri is bad. I had gone there with a bunch of friends for 2 nights and 3 days in April. We stayed in Hotel Landmark and the rooms were pretty good. No complaints.

The food though was mediocre at best. They didnt have half the items on the menu. We tried the buffet one day and it was bad. Everytime I've gone to Yelagiri for a drive, we've had lunch (buffet) at Landmark and it has been consistently bad. I never had a problem because I was there for the drive! Not the food!

We also tried many different restaurants nearer to the city and all were mediocre.

Yelagiri and Hotel Landmark is a good place to go for a day or two but dont expect great food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 2599126)
Yelagiri and Hotel Landmark is a good place to go for a day or two but dont expect great food.

Well said. Thats an apt summary of Landmark. We just went for a night only. Drove there on Sat morning and were out on Sunday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2599154)
Well said. Thats an apt summary of Landmark. We just went for a night only. Drove there on Sat morning and were out on Sunday.

Yup! That's about perfect for Yelagiri! We actually went for a so-called trek one morning too.

Hi all,
Planning for a trip to yelagiri.
Any suggestions on the best latest hotels to stay there with family?
Good options on food also is appreciated.
Thanks folks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 2720872)
Hi all,
Planning for a trip to yelagiri.
Any suggestions on the best latest hotels to stay there with family?
Good options on food also is appreciated.
Thanks folks

GRT nature trails (Sky rocca) is one of the best hotels in Yercaud, if you're going with family. Even Grand palace Yercaud is a decent hotel for a stay with family. Not too sure about the food now since I last visited around 1.5 years back, but I can vouch for the quality of service at both of those hotels. :D