Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 14:22   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Road is good, maybe a few kms of rough road in Bhadravathi area and Honnali-Harihar. NH4 between Harihar and Haveri also has some bad sections.

Could be a fast half-day drive.
Thank you. ! Looks OK since I have an SUV
Old 5th October 2021, 19:51   #17
BHPian

Re: URGENT HELP : Davanagere - Madikeri : HOW?

Planning a trip from Hubli to Kushalnagara. Any suggestions are welcome. I know for fact that from Hubli to Davangere via NH48 is the best starting point but after that not sure how i reach Channraypatna. I know the route post that through Ramanathpura to Kushalanagar. So the missing route is between Davangere and Channaraypatna, also any update on road condition would be helpful.
Old 22nd February 2023, 11:20   #18
BHPian

Hi friends,

I am planning a Pune - Thalassery (Kannur) trip. Planning to make it happen in one stretch. I usually start early from Pune and take the Kumta - Mangalore - Kannur route. The benefit is, I would reach Kerala in the night and I can avoid the nightmarish traffic between Kasargod and Kannur. But for the upcoming trip I will be starting from Pune at 11:30pm. This would mean that I will cross Mangalore in the evening and will be doing Kasargod - Kannur during the evening peak hour. I will have to face with some choker block traffic then. So I would prefer not doing this route (Mangalore - Kannur), if I could get some clarity on the road conditions from Davanagere to Gonikoppa in Coorg or even till Periyapatna. I am well aware of the route from Gonikoppa to Thalassery.

It would be great if someone can suggest me the best route to take from Davangere to Periyapatna, Dos and Don'ts on this route. My concern is, its a long journey and if the roads are not good for majority of the route, it might get tiring by the time I reach Thalassery. Appreciate any inputs.

Below is the route GMaps suggested.

Davangere to Kadur
Name:  20230222 11_12_54Window.png
Views: 228
Size:  892.5 KB

Kadur to Periyapatna
Name:  20230222 11_13_50Window.png
Views: 216
Size:  844.8 KB
Old 24th February 2023, 22:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
Hi friends,

So I would prefer not doing this route (Mangalore - Kannur), if I could get some clarity on the road conditions from Davanagere to Gonikoppa in Coorg or even till Periyapatna. I am well aware of the route from Gonikoppa to Thalassery.

It would be great if someone can suggest me the best route to take from Davangere to Periyapatna, Dos and Don'ts on this route. My concern is, its a long journey and if the roads are not good for majority of the route, it might get tiring by the time I reach Thalassery. Appreciate any inputs.
I just got back from Balugodu (ahead of Gonikoppa) - currently staying over at Davengere ; returning to mumbai tomorrow.

I travelled on my bike with my wife as pillion. And happy to report that - The roads from Davanagere to Periyapattana are good. Mostly single lane but wide roads and hardly any vehicles that will hold you up. The google map that you have shared is the correct route.

Davanagere - Santhabennur - Kadur - Ajjampur - Hasan - Periyapattana. There is one small 6km stretch that has a bit of crater roads - but that patch is also sporadic. Nothing stressful. The only thing is that this entire route (Davanagere to Periyapattana) has hardly any good restaurants or eateries - mostly all roadside types. So better would be to carry some snacks/packed food.

The mist settles in the air by 7pm or so - once you cross Nagarhole tiger reserve and onwards. So keep that in mind.

Happy travels! Hope this helps.
TheVaas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 14:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVaas View Post
happy to report that - The roads from Davanagere to Periyapattana are good. Mostly single lane but wide roads and hardly any vehicles that will hold you up. The google map that you have shared is the correct route.
Thank you so much for the update. Yes, this is really helpful. I was wondering if I would ever get a response on this thread as it appears not many people have considered a trip on this route. Knowing that the road is in fairly good condition is very comforting. Have a safe ride back to Mumbai
Tygerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 11:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVaas View Post
Davanagere - Santhabennur - Kadur - Ajjampur - Hasan - Periyapattana. There is one small 6km stretch that has a bit of crater roads - but that patch is also sporadic. Nothing stressful.
I recently completed my trip. I must say that this is one of the best routes I have ever travelled on. As you said, the entire drive was stress free and the roads were totally acceptable. I also did manage to get a good restaurant after Santhebennur, at Channagiri called RHM grand cafe for a sumptuous breakfast.

For lunch I stretched on beyond Gonikoppa. At the starting point of Makutta ghats, just before the Perumbadi lake, there's this place called Coorg Gate. I had a much anticipated lunch over there. Overall, it was a great trip and I managed to complete it under18 hours with many pit stops all along.

I will be using this route to Thalassery hence forth, but with a lay over at Davangere or Hubli may be. On my return leg I took the route via Mangalore, Gokarna, Kumta, Yellapur, Belgaum to reach Pune.

I am planning on a travelogue of my recent trip to Kerala, Nagarhole and back. Do not miss it.
Tygerman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 01:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
I recently completed my trip. I must say that this is one of the best routes I have ever travelled on. As you said, the entire drive was stress free and the roads were totally acceptable. I also did manage to get a good restaurant after Santhebennur, at Channagiri called RHM grand cafe for a sumptuous breakfast.

For lunch I stretched on beyond Gonikoppa. At the starting point of Makutta ghats, just before the Perumbadi lake, there's this place called Coorg Gate. I had a much anticipated lunch over there. Overall, it was a great trip and I managed to complete it under18 hours with many pit stops all along.

I will be using this route to Thalassery hence forth, but with a lay over at Davangere or Hubli may be. On my return leg I took the route via Mangalore, Gokarna, Kumta, Yellapur, Belgaum to reach Pune.

I am planning on a travelogue of my recent trip to Kerala, Nagarhole and back. Do not miss it.
Glad to be of help on such a 'rare route'. Yes Coorg Gate is at the checkpost - our resort route was the right turn before.

If staying over at Davangere - I'd suggest Hotel Ashoka Inn for the stay. Perfect for solo/couple or family with good food and rooms/ambience and basement safe parking.

Looking forward to the travelogue
TheVaas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks