Team-BHP - Trip to Kemmangundi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Trip to Kemmangundi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/43514-trip-kemmangundi.html)

Hi,
We are planning a trip to kemmangundi coming wekend in our car and do a small trek there. Is this season ok for the trip? how about road conditions?
How about lodging facilities?

Zaks, Road from Bangalore till Chikmaglur is good, chikmaglur to kemmangundi the roads aint that good also you can expect lots of rain...

..... and lotsa leeches.:eek:

Zaks,

I have been to Chikmagalur in April 2008. Route was Bangalore - Nellamangla - Hassan - Chikmagalur. Road condition in general was good. Be a bit careful on the SH between Hassan and Chikmagalur ( villagers, cows etc.).

We stayed at Woodway Homestay (- - - WoodWay Home stay: Resort & Estate - - -). We liked it a lot. You will find a lot of reviews if you google for it.

I drove my swift to Mulayangiri peak. The drive was excellent. Check out the road conditions now and go there.

Regarding trek, I guess there will be lot of leeches. Probably more experienced local folks will be able to advise better.

Just one query, is this a good season to visit Kemmanagundi? It will be raining heavily and cannot go out sight seeing....

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 926888)
Just one query, is this a good season to visit Kemmanagundi? It will be raining heavily and cannot go out sight seeing....

You can enjoy the monsoon on hills, can say a different kind of fun.
Rain coat, a gum boot and being prepare to venture into rain:)

Not a good time for trek as it would be raining heavily. Expect lot of leeches. :D

i like hilly drives in the rain. Also, the view would be good.

The stay at Kemmanagundi guest house is pathetic, do not even think about it.

The road from Chickmaglur to Kemmanagundi was very bad last September.

Greenery all over and remeber its monsoon so just soak in all the rain and enjoy nature .... its not the ideal time for this but do try to go to Muthodi WLS for a truly in forest experience , i do not have any idea about the road condition bur expect it to be the worst right now around chickmagulur

Thanks guys, I don't mind the leeches a lot but if they are too many, which they will be, it's difficult to enjoy the trek. I suppose this will have to wait for a couple of months.

For most of the hill station trip there would be 2 seasons,

1. Rainy season where you can really enjoy nature beauty! skiddy ground and leeches are expected even for small rain.

2. Just after rainy season say october would be excellant as well.

Chikamagalur to Kaimara 10km road is good from Kaimara once we take left turn road is not good towards Mullayana Giri also not good road towards Kemmangundi, its too bad I can say. But with slow carefull driving you can manage.

I suggest visit hilly areas in both the seasons :) experience would be different. Avoid trekking during rainy season, but you can enjoy the nature in resort and drive would be excellant.

After rainy season do lot of trekking there ! It would be very much fun too.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 927214)
For most of the hill station trip there would be 2 seasons,

1. Rainy season where you can really enjoy nature beauty! skiddy ground and leeches are expected even for small rain.

2. Just after rainy season say october would be excellant as well.

Chikamagalur to Kaimara 10km road is good from Kaimara once we take left turn road is not good towards Mullayana Giri also not good road towards Kemmangundi, its too bad I can say. But with slow carefull driving you can manage.

I suggest visit hilly areas in both the seasons :) experience would be different. Avoid trekking during rainy season, but you can enjoy the nature in resort and drive would be excellant.

After rainy season do lot of trekking there ! It would be very much fun too.

Regards,

Ravi.

Hi Ravi,
I will travelling to chickmagalur on 15th,16th and 17th. We would like to get there by 15th afternoon and leave for Bangalore on 17th evening. I want to know if there are any good places to visit nearby, like a forest area or water falls or even a river stream. We really would love that. We generally look for places like Nagarhole,Coonoor,Coorg. I wanted to go to Sakleshpur but due to a Dirt Rally going on during the long weekend every place is booked. I want to know of most beautiful places around Chickmagalur. We would like to go to kemmangundi but read that the roads are pretty bad.

P.S: We would be travelling in an Alto & Santro.

Try this.

Chikamagalur - Kaimara - Mullayana giri and surrouding places. Then visit Dattatreya Peeta where you can visit manikyadhara falls. then go to Kemmangundi Z point, shanti falls, gardens, sunsetpoint all these within 1km.

PM me if you need more details i can find urls for this from my computer.

Ravi.

Thanks Ravi, i have a day to travel around Chickmagalur. Can we see any of these on our way to chickmagalur or while coming back. Also i will be going on 15th so i really hope it wouldnt be raining as heavily as it is now. How are the roads to Mullayana Giri, Sunset point, Manikyadhara Falls and Shanti Falls?

All these mentioned areas come in KemmanGundi. Roads are narrow with lot of potholes.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftron (Post 927552)
Hi Ravi,
I will travelling to chickmagalur on 15th,16th and 17th. We would like to get there by 15th afternoon and leave for Bangalore on 17th evening. I want to know if there are any good places to visit nearby, like a forest area or water falls or even a river stream. We really would love that. We generally look for places like Nagarhole,Coonoor,Coorg. I wanted to go to Sakleshpur but due to a Dirt Rally going on during the long weekend every place is booked. I want to know of most beautiful places around Chickmagalur. We would like to go to kemmangundi but read that the roads are pretty bad.

P.S: We would be travelling in an Alto & Santro.

You can visit sakleshpur n then return back to CKM the very same day. CKM-sakleshpur is hardly 55-60kms.
Also you can enjoy the muthodi WLS. Kemmangundi, kallathigiri falls will be fine.