Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 14:24   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad-Tanuku, which route?

Dear BHPians,

To take advantage of the Aug 15th long weekend, I am planning to do a visit to my in-laws place by road this time and I need your help in identifying the right route and also advice on the road conditions.

This is the first time I am planning to go by road and drive myself. My idea is to start early in the morning from Hyd. The following are my questions for which I am seeking advice.

1. Which route for exit to NH9? ( dilshuknagar-Koti (or) Secunderabad-tarnaka)?
2. I heard of heavy traffic jams on NH9 sometimes, any advice of side stepping the highway?
3. From VJA, is there a way to avoid the city and join NH5?
Old 4th August 2008, 14:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubsmart View Post
Dear BHPians,

To take advantage of the Aug 15th long weekend, I am planning to do a visit to my in-laws place by road this time and I need your help in identifying the right route and also advice on the road conditions.

This is the first time I am planning to go by road and drive myself. My idea is to start early in the morning from Hyd. The following are my questions for which I am seeking advice.

1. Which route for exit to NH9? ( dilshuknagar-Koti (or) Secunderabad-tarnaka)? Depends on where you stay. Early morning the traffic will be sparse on either route, so distance is the factor to take into consideration.
2. I heard of heavy traffic jams on NH9 sometimes, any advice of side stepping the highway? You can go via Khammam and RJY, but that may add to the distance. NH9 jams are common these days, so please be prepared if you plan to go via Vijaywada.
3. From VJA, is there a way to avoid the city and join NH5? Not to my knowledge

My responses are against each question in bold. Drive safe. This being your first highway trip, please read the thread on preparing for long travel.
Old 4th August 2008, 15:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

For Qs3: NH9 meets NH5 at Vijayawada and goes past like a ring road. The road is not that bad and you can easily go past Vijayawada without any confusion. Just keep following the Vizag/Eluru/Kolkata roadsigns.

I have mentioned this in my Bangalore - Kol travelogue. Read it if you want. Proper signages of Tanuku is also present on NH5.

Abhi
Old 4th August 2008, 15:52   #4
BHPian

Thank you Vnabhi and AkRoy.

"Depends on where you stay. Early morning the traffic will be sparse on either route, so distance is the factor to take into consideration."

I am staying near to JNTU, Kukatpally.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:17   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubsmart View Post
Thank you Vnabhi and AkRoy.

"Depends on where you stay. Early morning the traffic will be sparse on either route, so distance is the factor to take into consideration."

I am staying near to JNTU, Kukatpally.
Then you do this. JNTU-> Ameerpet-> Begumpet->Tarnaka-> then take the Vijaywada highway. Morning traffic is sparse and no need to worry about traffic jams, that you need to worry when you get on the highway

Btw, this is the only highway i see bumper to bumper traffic for kms together, so be mentally prepared.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks