Team-BHP - U-turn point for going to Hyd Central when coming from Chutneys side
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   U-turn point for going to Hyd Central when coming from Chutneys side (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/43535-u-turn-point-going-hyd-central-when-coming-chutneys-side.html)

Hi,
This is a query to the Hyderabad folks out here - where do you take the U-turn to go to Hyderabad Central when you're coming from Chutneys. Yesterday I had to take the U in front of Lifestyle and that really hurt.

In fact, I was coming from the Khairatabad side. Firstly, I had to go straight towards Ameerpet as no right turn was allowed. Then, the first U-turn I found was marked as no-right turn. So I had to go all the way till the signal, take a U, come back to the crossing (Mangat Rai one) and take a left. Again I found an opening marked as no right-turn in front of The Hub restuarant. So I had to go till LIfestyle and come back and I was pissed to hell.

Luckily, I normally will be coming from Chutneys side. So at least the Ameerpet detour will be avoided. I thought things will be simplified after the flyover is built. Let me know if there is an easier way of tackling this, legally.

Thanks,

I'm afraid there is none! You could however, take a right turn after Chutney's at Nagarjuna Circle, take the first left lane after Midtown mall, join the main road, take a left towards Punjagutta, take a u-turn opp Central, and then park your car on the left lane after Shambagh hotel. Alternatively, you could go on that narrow left lane, take the first left and go all the way till you reach Joy Alukka's where you can merge with the main road by turning left. A few feet ahead is Central.
Let me know if you need to be confused further!

Route Map
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

There are two routes.
The longer curve is simpler.

You can use the actual map given above to get the land marks.

Is that so complicated? How do people coming from Banjara Hills go to Somajigua or Raj Bhavan? I know that there is no right turn at Panjagutta Circle, but one can stay on the surface road and make a U trun either at MLA quaters or at Somajiguda circle?

Thanks bblost, for the pictorial description. I was advocating the shorter circle, as the longer circle takes you via Somajiguda circle,which is often jammed from 6 pm to 8 pm.
I live in Somajiguda, and found that going via Lifestyle or via the longer circle in bblost's post made no difference, so I mostly go via Lifestyle, as the roads are wider.

Last year, I used to go home via Taj Krishna down->first left turn after Taj Deccan->right turn near NIMS opp China Bazaar->Kapadia Lane->U turn at Yashoda.

MCH guys are progressively making life tough for me..first by closing the divider near NIMS, and then by closing the Yashoda U Turn. The last straw was dis-allowing a right turn at Somajiguda circle when approaching from the Panjagutta fly-over.
God knows what they are planning next. :Frustrati

One alternate is to avoid the Chutney junction altogether.

If you are coming from KBR Park:
take either road #12 or road #10.
then take the Taj Krishna from road #1 route to get to the khairatabad route.
Cut into Raj Bhavan road and reach Central.

Yes, I diligently avoid Chutneys from 6 pm to 8pm. However, even KCP Jn (near NKM Grand hotel) is a pain.
So I go via Rd # 10, and turn left at the Jn with Rd # 1 via Rd # 8/9. I then proceed to Nagarjuna circle and then take the fly-over to Lifestyle, and take a u turn there.

However, since you want to go to Central, please use bblost's route from Nagarjuna circle onwards by taking a U turn there. This is the fastest. The only pain is the U turn at Central.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 928332)
One alternate is to avoid the Chutney junction altogether.

If you are coming from KBR Park:
take either road #12 or road #10.
then take the Taj Krishna from road #1 route to get to the khairatabad route.
Cut into Raj Bhavan road and reach Central.

This is the best way to reach Central. Otherwise, take a right from chutneys and cross midway bakery and take the left and go down and park at the end of the road ( near the main panjagutta road) and take a walk to the mall.

Btw, why do you want to go to central mall? I never visit this mall nor PVR simply because it is more of a hassle than a convenience.

If i really need to go which is probably once or twice a year,then its bike zindabadstupid:

While going towards Lifestyle, there is a U turn just very near to CM's office(opposite to govt guest house)...Did you miss that?

I prefer PVR cinemas because there is a discount on the movie tickets booked online using a platinum card. :)

Thank God that I stay in Begumpet! I can go directly to Central and come back via Raj Bhavan road. However going to Ameerpet Big Bazaar from Begumpet is a problem, if there is traffic.

Hey Guy's

There is a shorter route as well!! Take left immediately after Shanbagh and then take the second/third left! I have marked this in yellow in the route map posted above! The lanes are narrow though and just can squeeze in 2 cars side by side!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 927885)
I'm afraid there is none! You could however, take a right turn after Chutney's at Nagarjuna Circle, take the first left lane after Midtown mall, join the main road, take a left towards Punjagutta, take a u-turn opp Central, and then park your car on the left lane after Shambagh hotel.

I guess then there's not much difference. I might as well take the Lifestyle U-turn as the roads are wider. But thanks for this pointer - will give it a shot once.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 927908)
Route Map
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

There are two routes.
The longer curve is simpler.

You can use the actual map given above to get the land marks.

Cool, the map helps a lot. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 928400)
Btw, why do you want to go to central mall? I never visit this mall nor PVR simply because it is more of a hassle than a convenience.

Couldn't agree more. I think it's a very hyped up mall because of its early entry, lack of good malls in the city and its strategic location. And last weekend, especially, it was horrible out there because of the sale and I had to spend 40 minutes in the queue to get into the parking lot. But still, I had to go as we had PVR tickets and the reason for that is aptly summarized in the next quote..
Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 928424)
I prefer PVR cinemas because there is a discount on the movie tickets booked online using a platinum card. :)

Touche!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubsmart (Post 928423)
While going towards Lifestyle, there is a U turn just very near to CM's office(opposite to govt guest house)...Did you miss that?

No I didn't. I meant that U-turn only in my original post. But even that, I find, is too much of a detour forced upon us because of the monstrous plans of MCH!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 928424)

I didn't know this. I should kick myself for paying the full price whatever few times that i have been to PVR.

Discount details please.

A bhpian had a problem with this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ye-opener.html

I have been lucky so far. Generally book 2 tickets and have almost always got one free. btw I use an icici platinum card. Book early in the day as I think there is some quota system in place.