Team-BHP - Bangalore to Chickmagalur
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Chickmagalur (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/44014-bangalore-chickmagalur.html)

Hi everyone, need some info on which route to take to Chickmagalur. Also does anyone have any update on how the roads are....especially after the heavy lash of rain. We are going by an Alto and a Santro. Also how is route to Mullayanagiri? Any info would be of great help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftron (Post 938198)
Hi everyone, need some info on which route to take to Chickmagalur. Also does anyone have any update on how the roads are....especially after the heavy lash of rain. We are going by an Alto and a Santro. Also how is route to Mullayanagiri? Any info would be of great help.

Hello Swiftron,
Please search the forum before opening a new thread. There are lots of threads related to road info for CKM.
Anyways, the route to take without a second would be
BLR-NELMANGALA-HASSAN-BELUR-CHIKMAGALUR (it's 250kms from Blr)
Route to mullaingiri is ok, but you might find it a bit slushy as it's raining heavily over there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 938225)
Hello Swiftron,
Route to mullaingiri is ok, but you might find it a bit slushy as it's raining heavily over there.

Swiftron,

We went upto Mullaingiri in April 2008, in a Swift and a Palio. The road from CKM was OK. But that was before the rains.

The last 500 metres is not tar road, but loose gravel and a bit narrow. You need to be very careful especially while crossing a vehicle coming from the opposite direction

Incase you are not very familiar with driving on ghat/hilly roads, it is advisable to rent a jeep from CKM for going to Mullaingiri.

I've been to Cikamagalur few months back...the route is good from BLR-C'magalur.
stayed there in planters hotel and charged 1000/- for a good double cot room. its good.
From there there are many places to cover around 60km from C'magalur.all are in the same direction.

C'magalur-->Kemengundi[60kms,road is worst,but don't get scared,start early in morning to see the hill point,Better to carry your own food,hotel is there food is not good.]

Kemengundi-->Waterfall[A-must see,15kms,local jeeps are avilable,per trip 600/-,family take a jeep,younstres can walk but too long.]

back to C'magalur to night,start next day early morning go to mulliangiri[take the same route towards K'gundi @ the foot of the hill you need to take a Left]observe while going to K'gundi, while coming to B'lore you can visit Belur->halebedi->Blr
any quires call me

@sushrutha: Sorry for the repost, i wanted to know what the current road condition was and if there was a better route to take.

@rajat: Thanks for the concern mate, but i would prefer to drive myself than let someone else drive, especially with a hired jeep(had some bad experiences in Tirupathi and Kukke Subramanya)

@ram: We have just 1 day to travel around. Our actual plan is to leave on Friday morning around 6AM, reach CKM around afternoon, have lunch take some rest and then enjoy the night.
We are planning to travel around on Saturday and get back to CKM by evening for a few drinks with a campfire(if the weather permits).
Leave CKM on Sunday afternoon and reach BLR by night.

@swiftron:We have covere this over a weekend left friday eve,reached C'mglr to night satyed there for SAT while returning visited early morning to mulliangiri while coming to B'lore you can visit Belur->halebedi->Blr.

njoy..any quires call me

@Ram: Thanks mate, finally we are all set to leave tomorrow morning around 6AM. Thanks for all your inputs. I hope this will be a memorable vacation.

After a long morning today, was able to finally convince my friends dad to go on with our plans.

Worked for the last 12days straight to make it to this trip which we have been planning for almost 3months now. Will post my first travelogue once i am back.

@Sushrutha: I am sorry if this was a repost of any earlier queries. Wanted to reconfirm a few things with you all.
As i always keep telling "Expect the worst and hope for the best"

All you chaps out there who have been touring the Malnad belt , kindly let know whats the best route to do Bangy-Chikkamagalur.

Road conditions to all the places listed below would be really helpful. I will have an innova at my disposal from Hassan.

Places I plan to visit are

1 - Kemmungundi
2 - Mulayanagiri
3 - Bababudanagiri
4 - Belur and Halebeedu.

Please add to the list if there's some more places worthwhile, I have 4 days to do nothing other than eat and sleep. As usual priority would be places which can be photographed.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Best route to Ckmglr from Bangalore is as follows;

Bangalore - Neelamangala - Bellur Cross - Hassan - Belur - Ckmglr.

Maximum time of yours will get consumed reaching Neelamangala. Try to start early. From Neelamangala, it will not take more than 4 hours if it is self driving.

From Ckmglr, Drive to Mullangiri is ok even though road is not that good. You need to go on the Bababudan hill road and in between take a diversion to Mullangiri.

Road to Bababudan hills is OK. Not sure which car you plan to drive. The entire road is pot holed except few stretches here and there which have been repaired recently.

I drove on the same road last week in my M 800.

Ckmglr - Belur is good. You can go from Ckmglr to Belur in 20 mins flat.

Hi Riju, did the same route twice last month and the Bangalore-Hassan highway best way but the highway is undergoing widening so be a lil careful, the stretch in Hassan city is bad but its only in the city then head to the road that takes you to belur and halebeedu, but go to belur first then from there go to halebeedu as the roads are really nice, there is a right some where on the way to belur to halebeedu but the road is very bad, also going to belur and then halebeedu will be a longer drive as you have to drive to belur to go to chikmagalur, to kemmungundi you have to use the new road or be adventerous and take the old road which is really bad and is never predectiable, you will discover a lot on the way there are too many places to ask you to stop to take pics.

Riju,
The best possible route from Bangalore - Chikmagaur is
BLR-HASSAN-BELUR-CKM

1,3 Mullaingiri - CKM- KAIMARA-MULLAINGIRI , Bababudangiri
2 Kemmangundi - CKM-LINGADAHALLY-KEMMANGUNDI
4 Belur Halebeedu CKM - BELUR-HALEBEEDU

Hi guys,
I understand there are different routes to kemmanagundi from CKM. Can anyone please tell me Which are those and which is good and which is bad? Places that we cross enroute will be much appreciated.
rgds,
VV

Whichever route you take , after CKM is terrible.

The above mentioned route is the best option, IMO the routes to all the tourist places are not in very good shape.

My cousin who lives in Chikamagalur swears that Mullayanagiri is awesome as compared to the other two places namely BBG and Kemmanagundi. But I don't think you get very good food at these places unless you are staying in a homestay or resort.

If you are looking for the road less traveled it is surely the Bababudangiri to Kemmanagundi road. In Aug 07, the roads were almost non-existent, but if my Getz made it, a Santro shouldn't have any trouble? The landscape was surreal, not to mention any sight of habitation!