Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 18:05   #1
BHPian

Road Conditions - Banglore-Palamaner-Kupam-Krishnagiri-Banglore

I'm on off today and am planning to go for a roundtrip drive in an hour or twos time. Any updates on road condition would be great.
Old 21st August 2008, 18:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Unni, I had been to Tirupati about a fortnight ago, so can tell you about road till Palamner.
The road is good but very slow due to 6 laning after hoskote, Mulbagal byepass is good and u can do that stretch fast.

Not sure about route to Kuppam though.
Have a nice and safe trip.
Regards,
Hari.
Old 21st August 2008, 18:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hi Unni, I had been to Tirupati about a fortnight ago, so can tell you about road till Palamner.
The road is good but very slow due to 6 laning after hoskote, Mulbagal byepass is good and u can do that stretch fast.

Not sure about route to Kuppam though.
Have a nice and safe trip.
Regards,
Hari.
Agree with Lukeskywalker, I did it last week on 15th August, nothing much has changed.

If possible plan to avoid returning in evening to Bangalore, you need to be extra careful because of the roadwork and oncoming high beams and if your luck shines it may rain adding to the woes.
Old 21st August 2008, 18:51   #4
BHPian

Thanks Hari and Deepak. Will watch out for the roadwork. I will be returning to Bangalore early morning, since its a "drive" rather than any sight-seeing trip.
Old 21st August 2008, 20:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

I know that the road from Krishnagiri side to TN border is good, but no idea of conditions after that. But avoidable at night - no faciliies, hardly any villages (have been on TN side), and may also be unsafe.
Old 23rd August 2008, 17:22   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I know that the road from Krishnagiri side to TN border is good, but no idea of conditions after that. But avoidable at night - no faciliies, hardly any villages (have been on TN side), and may also be unsafe.
I did a different route, which incidentally you suggested!!! B'lore-Nelamangala-Channarayapatna-KRpet-Shrirangapattana-B'lore.

Thanks Kumarji.
Old 25th August 2008, 11:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I did a different route, which incidentally you suggested!!! B'lore-Nelamangala-Channarayapatna-KRpet-Shrirangapattana-B'lore.

Thanks Kumarji.
Not sure how it is now. During CB Naidu days, we used to do that stretch regularly for our granite business purposes. Bangalore - Kolar - KGF - Kuppam - Krishnagiri - Bangalore
Kolar KGF Kuppam stretch is bad. In KGF, there is old british cemetery which has some really old graves. But not maintained. Suitable for a heritage spot. Kuppam Krishnagiri is good road. At one sharp curve, I have seen 2 accidents in same day. Rsting spots include Kamat before kolar, motel in Kuppam, TN Tourism motel in Krishnagiri
Best regards
Old 17th November 2009, 14:24   #8
BHPian

Any update on how the road between Krishnagiri and Kuppam is?

I did some research for Bangalore - Tirupati route, to avoid Kolar (Bad roads) and found that one can take this route. Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Kuppam - Chitoor - Tirupati. Road between bangalore and krishnagiri is very good and so are the roads between chitoor to tirupati. How is it between krishnagiri and chitoor?

Any tips?

Also, maybe not the right place to ask. But how is the bangalore-chintamani-madanapalle-tirupati route? Good roads?
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:26   #9
BHPian

A fortnight ago, I drove from Kuppam to Krishnagiri on NH 219 and the road was very good. I could do Madanapalle to Krishnagiri in about 4 hours via Palamaner, V. Kota and Kuppam. I know that the road from Palmaner to Chittor is excellent.

About NH 219 -- there was very little traffic during the day, and the highway goes over hilly terrain before and after Kuppam. From Kuppam to Palamaner, lots of shady trees and not many villages. This road would be good to drive on in the day, but at night, it could be deserted and therefore better avoided.
Old 9th January 2023, 22:16   #10
BHPian

Re: Road Conditions - Banglore-Palamaner-Kupam-Krishnagiri-Banglore

Bumping up an old thread here. What is the best route to travel to Kuppam from Bangalore.
Old 10th January 2023, 08:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Bumping up an old thread here. What is the best route to travel to Kuppam from Bangalore.
Depends on which side of Bangalore you reside in. From south it is Hosur-Krishnagiri-Kuppam. For east/north, the best is Hoskote-Mulbagal-VenkatagiriKota-Kuppam.

I've travelled Krishnagiri to Venkatagirikota and the tarmac was good. Some places there was road work on the sides.

We were driving Hosur<->KGF and this ended up being the route with the wider roads.

Last edited by narayans80 : 10th January 2023 at 08:15.
Old 10th January 2023, 22:37   #12
BHPian

I have travelled to Kuppam and back. Google map shows the route through KGF. Please avoid this route. I took this road onwards and there is no good road from KGF to Kuppam on Karnataka side.

Best route is Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Kuppam. Very good roads except for few really nasty makeshift speed breakers created for road work about 10 kms from Krishnagiri.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks