Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

You mean they won't allow my camera bag containing different lenses, filters and flashes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
No gears except a digital camera
Old 22nd August 2008, 12:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

1 tip:- don't take gate no.1. Its too crowded. And don't ask agents/touts to drop you at gate no.2, they charge exhorbitant amounts.

Instead, park your car at the parking, take an Auto, and ask him to drop at gate no.2. Its less crowded and less checking, and you will save a few bucks, and importantly, Time.

And horse wallas charge a bomb for walking a few steps. I think Rs.200 for about 200 meteres. After that you will have to walk only to stand in a long queue at gate no.1.

Last edited by DCEite : 22nd August 2008 at 12:54.
Old 22nd August 2008, 17:13   #18
BHPian

road conditions should not be too bad, as the road is made of concrete at goon number of places, where chances of being affected are water are higher.

You have to either drop the Mathura/Vindavan part or the Agra part. These two places cannot be done in a day, infact 1 day is not enough for individually doing them as well.

If going to Agra, only do Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri and if you feel you have time then Sikandra and Dayal Bagh as well.

There is a famous Pappu ka Dhaba, that is near Kosi Kalan, but its would be hard to recognize for you because there are innumberable fakes as well.
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:15   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hmmm, giving out all this advice is thirsty work

(mops sweat from brow)

Should we have a small "meat" to discuss this further

What say Sandeep
Count me in anyday for a quickie gurgaon meat,will pm my cell no.
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Seems Vrindavan, Mathura is out of the radar as tomorrow is janmashtami and according to TV news, both the towns have been turned into a fortress. Devotees are being asked to register and get an I-card.
Old 24th August 2008, 19:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

The trip was cancelled due to heat, reluctance to go (by other family members) and getting up late in the day.
Old 25th August 2008, 11:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I'm a still photographer. Hopefully they allow this gear... How secure is the 1 km away parking?
Parking is secure, as far as i can remmeber from my trip a year back

Quote:
The trip was cancelled due to heat, reluctance to go (by other family members) and getting up late in the day.
That's sad :(

Are you planning a trip this coming weekend to Agra? If so do inform me, then me & some of my friends too are planning. Then we can all leave together. what say?

@Suman: What happened to GoodGawan meet? Machan ho jaaye!
Old 25th August 2008, 12:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

That's a relief KD. As the date advances, going on this trip seems to be remote as daughter's half-yearly comes nearer and nearer. Secondly, the other important factor being the weather. Agra is a shade hotter than Delhi/NCR.

To walk around the histrical places in a muggy hot weather is what my family will not agree to.

For example, a trip to Reliance Mart on Sector 29 to buy rations, left them high & dry yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Parking is secure, as far as i can remmeber from my trip a year back

Are you planning a trip this coming weekend to Agra? If so do inform me, then me & some of my friends too are planning. Then we can all leave together. what say?
Old 25th August 2008, 13:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
That's a relief KD. As the date advances, going on this trip seems to be remote as daughter's half-yearly comes nearer and nearer. Secondly, the other important factor being the weather. Agra is a shade hotter than Delhi/NCR.

To walk around the histrical places in a muggy hot weather is what my family will not agree to.

For example, a trip to Reliance Mart on Sector 29 to buy rations, left them high & dry yesterday...
True.
But regarding yesterday's weather, i think it was ok specially the evening time.
Anyways if you are making a plan for this weekend, do temme, might consider.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have been keeping very busy nowadays so do not log on much BUT GD Bhai this is bad. You Plan a trip to my place and do not even call !!

Good it got cancelled

Plan whenever you get time. Leave the rest to me

Just drive over and that's it. Car can be parked at my office. 1 km away from Taj, My driver will drop you a 100m away from the Taj and then pick you up when ready.

As far as food goes, I can recommend some very fine places !!

Shopping - No Problem - I can arrange that. Petha is on me !!

Roads are excellent all the way from Gurgaon to Agra. Top Class !!

Weather is good right now. It is good you did not come on Janmashtmi, it was crazy !!

Plan this way - Leave Gurgaon early morning. Spend the day in Agra and the night ( Friend's hotel @ 1500 per night or more expensive options if you want to splurge ! ). Early morning leave for Mathura - an hour's drive and then stop at ISKON and Banke Bihariji and then proceed towards home.

Last edited by vkochar : 25th August 2008 at 15:56.
Old 25th August 2008, 20:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Kochar saab, good to see somebody living so near to taj. next time I plan the trip, I am surely pinging you, and it might very very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I have been keeping very busy nowadays so do not log on much BUT GD Bhai this is bad. You Plan a trip to my place and do not even call !!

Good it got cancelled

Just drive over and that's it. Car can be parked at my office. 1 km away from Taj, My driver will drop you a 100m away from the Taj and then pick you up when ready.

Weather is good right now. It is good you did not come on Janmashtmi, it was crazy !!

Plan this way - Leave Gurgaon early morning. Spend the day in Agra and the night ( Friend's hotel @ 1500 per night or more expensive options if you want to splurge ! ). Early morning leave for Mathura - an hour's drive and then stop at ISKON and Banke Bihariji and then proceed towards home.
Old 25th August 2008, 23:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Arey Rajiv saab - aao to sahi !! Will take good care of your SX4
Old 26th August 2008, 09:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

Good it got cancelled

Kochar saab, I hope I too can avail of the offer mentioned above.

Am most probably coming over this weekend will ping you once the plans are finalised.
Old 26th August 2008, 11:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Wah, Kochar saab ka offer mujhe mila. And others are reaping the benefit...
Old 26th August 2008, 11:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Wah, Kochar saab ka offer mujhe mila. And others are reaping the benefit...
Now what can be done about it? You are too lazy to take it up, and we'll feel bad if the offer was let to rust/rot so we are just making the most of it.

Most Viewed