Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 15:06   #1

Invitation to join me for a Pune- Kanyakumari motorcycle trip

I am planning a 14 day Pune to Kanyakumari motorcycle trip on my Bajaj Avenger 200cc DTSi from 20th September. The route will be as follows.
Pune-Panaji-Mangalore-Munnar-Periyar-Alleppey-Trivandrum-Kanyakumari-Trivandrum-Kanyakumari-Cochin-Managalore- Panaji-Pune.
I have written about the plan in detail on my personal blog @ Pune to Kerala ? A dream bike Trip Kiran’s blog
or else go through the attached document.

Although many aspects of the plan are bound to change (like I have mentioned only 450kms in a day, whereas we might cover even 600kms in a day), but we will try to stick at least to the above mentioned route.
If anyone is interested in joining me then please drop me a mail at kiran.vaidya@gmail.com. The only criteria for this dream motorcycle trip are-
1.1)Passion for travelling and for motorcycle trips in India
2.2)Should have at least a 150cc motorcycle and some prior motorcycle tripping experience.
Kindly let me know asap.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Kerala_plan.doc (466.0 KB, 2396 views)

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th August 2008 at 15:11. Reason: Removed Extra formatting
Old 15th October 2008, 19:50   #2
BHPian

Update

Hey Kiran,
So did this trip happen? What were your experiences for the trip?

Regards,
Kaustubh
Old 1st December 2008, 17:33   #3
BHPian

Since a long time I have been planning for a trip from Pune to Kanyakumari. Can anyone go through the map mentioned by Kiran and let me know that this is the best route and what to expect on the way? We will be 2 guys on 2 Thunderbirds and we are planning to go in the last week of December and come back in the first week of January (14 days). Travel will be only in day time between 7 to 5. We plan to follow the exact route that Kiran has planned and the distances seem to be practical.

Regards,
Kaustubh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks