Team-BHP - Bangalore to Doddamakali
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Doddamakali (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/44691-bangalore-doddamakali.html)

Hi,

We (a group of 10-12) are planning to drive to Doddamakali (JLR location) mostly during the Sept. 14-15 weekend.

I understand that we have to take left after Malavalli towards Shimshapura village, from Shimshapura, there should be good number of signboards to lead us to JLR Doddamakali camp (looking at mapmyindia, the road doesnt look that clear after Malavalli though).

Some of us may leave for this place in the first half itself, and some of us (including me) shall leave in the seconod half of the day, later group planning to leave by 3PM and we want to ensure that we reach there before 6PM (suggestions by JLR folks).

Can you guys please help me trace this complete route with following points! Also, feel free to add your suggestions to them..
  1. I'm planning not to take Kanakapura route, where exactly after Maddur we should take a left towards Malavalli?? (I remember taking such route when I visited ShivanaSamudram couple of years back, but I guess I took a left after Mandaya and not after Maddur) - I see two left turns on Mysore road, one around Maddur and one after Mandaya - it seems we may need to drive in opposite direction if we take left after Mandaya
  2. How is the road condition between the left turn on Mysore road (Maddur!) and Malavalli?? Is it worth taking that route or Kanakapura - Malavalli can be less tiring compared to those 20KMs on this stretch??
  3. I understand that we need to get to the Shimshapura village from Malavalli, if someone can provide good direction / clear picture to Shimshapura (or Doddamakali), that will be a great help.
  4. I can use Satguide and Mapking (currently unloaded) both, if someone can tell me how to load the coordinates or the routes from some websites like mapmyindia or google earth, that would be great (I heard about some POIEdit tool to get such things done but not spent much time on that yet).
  5. JLR has got good amount of activities there, dont think we shall have extra time left for additional stuff. However, if there is something we should not miss in the sourroundings, please suggest.
Thanks.

I had been there a couple of years back. So my information "might" be outdated.

The road to Doddamakali, at the last stretch is not great. Its a problem while getting back from Doddamakali since its a uphill climb back and loose gravel means tyres are struggling for grip. We even had a Maruti 800 during our visit there and although it was able to handle it, it had to visit the service center for some minor issues :)

I am not sure of the choice between kanakpura vs Maddur. We took the Kanakpura route which wasnt that bad.

JLR, as always is excellent, there's quite a bit of stuff to do. There's a long morning trek (walk is a more appropriate term !) which is really refreshing. If water is not rough, (unlikely due to the recent rains), you can get some nice spots to take a plunge although one must be quite careful here.

Have fun!

Thanks for the response Kavish,
I'm going to drive my PalioD, hopefully I should not face problems uphill and most importantly, I dont want to get into a situation where I have to take it to service station after the drive :)

I'm hoping roads are better now, else we are planning to park our vehicles and either walk that last few KMs or get JLR to pick us up in their Jeeps.

Still waiting on which route to take and whether I can port the route / coordinates to satguide to get there (I'm concerned only if its going to be difficult to get there because of bad/no roads or lack of direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketan (Post 953465)
Thanks for the response Kavish,
I'm going to drive my PalioD, hopefully I should not face problems uphill and most importantly, I dont want to get into a situation where I have to take it to service station after the drive :)

I'm hoping roads are better now, else we are planning to park our vehicles and either walk that last few KMs or get JLR to pick us up in their Jeeps.

Still waiting on which route to take and whether I can port the route / coordinates to satguide to get there (I'm concerned only if its going to be difficult to get there because of bad/no roads or lack of direction.

Doddamakkali is one of the best places in jungle lodges portfolio. It is also our fav spot. I have done in scorpio, indigo with really bad tires, tavera with full load. No issues. If it is raining too heavily, ask their jeep to load all the passsengers and luggage and drive up the empty vehicle. Just make sure you dont scratch / damage the under portion of the palio as I am not sure of its ground clearance.

Best road to Doddamakkali

Bangalore - Ramnagar - Channapatna - Maddur - Malavali - 10 kms left diversion to Doddamakkali (you cant miss the board they have) There is lot of water in cauvery with KRS open. We couldnt do any fishing. Dont forget to visit Gagannachukki falls and the place where the canal crosses the road to Shimsa / Doddamakkali, stop and lookout for the Baya weaver birds. Your kids will love it.
Check my photo album for fishing and weaver bird pictures
Best regards
Bala

Anyone done this trip recently? We are a group of 8 who are visiting this place next weekend. Can a 10 Seat Swaraj Mazda negotiate the roads?

When we visited this place last year, it was not raining and a 10 or 12 seater can easily make it to the place. However, I would suggest you check with the JLR people and they will give you the right avise whether it can be done in this season.

I too have visited this resort but that was a good three years ago ! Check out their url here for location and contact details

Jungle Lodges & Resorts Eco Holidays

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 1377961)
Anyone done this trip recently? We are a group of 8 who are visiting this place next weekend. Can a 10 Seat Swaraj Mazda negotiate the roads?

Hi
Update me on your trip and on the location. I am planning a trip
1. once the water level rises
2. driving becomes tough on the slipery roads
3.my scorpio tyres are almost bald.
4. Climate becomes a bit cooler during the day times
Best regards
Bala