Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 22:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksrinivasv View Post
I just saw a Ferry ride on state highway no 4 on Google Maps when one uses Patan Chiplun to Ganpatipule route? Is it really the ferry ride that needs to be taken to reach Ganpatipule?
The direct route to reach Ganapatipule is NH17 via Nevali.

But if you take MSH4, then from Jaigad, you can cross across to Tavsal near Hedvi). Ferry runs from 6 am to 10 pm round the year at hourly intervals.
Old 1st March 2013, 13:12   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hi, would be making a sojourn at Ganapatipule over the next weekend.
Read various options on this thread and planning to use this route:
Pune>Karad>Kokrud>Malkapur>Amba>Sakharpa>Pali>Hath khamba>Ganapatipule

While crossing Karad and going to Malkapur, are the road signs clear enough indicating the right turn at Kale phata? Do I have to watch out for any landmarks while approaching this turn?

Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 15:32   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Hi, would be making a sojourn at Ganapatipule over the next weekend.
Read various options on this thread and planning to use this route:
Pune>Karad>Kokrud>Malkapur>Amba>Sakharpa>Pali>Hath khamba>Ganapatipule

While crossing Karad and going to Malkapur, are the road signs clear enough indicating the right turn at Kale phata? Do I have to watch out for any landmarks while approaching this turn?

Thanks
I did this trip in October last year. If i'm not wrong there is a sign which says 'Ratnagiri' and this is the right turn that you have to take.

Please wait for someone to reconfirm, i am not 100% sure.
Old 1st March 2013, 16:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
i did pune to ganpati pule in Nov. 2012. yes there is a clearly visible sign board which says right turn for Ratnagiri.
Old 1st March 2013, 16:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

1km after karad, there is a flyover on NH4, take service road and pass under that flyover toward malkapur.
Btw, last week, Yogesh Nagpal took the sangmeshwar - ganapatipule direct road avoiding going all the way toward Hathkhamba.
This is the shortest route to travel from pune to ganapatipule.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 1st March 2013 at 16:58.
Old 1st March 2013, 17:06   #81
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
You have to turn right from below the fifth flyover after Karad. It is little confusing as the flyover could simply mean hump with a link below to cross over. Better slowdown once you reach Karad and start counting from the very first flyover at Karad entry point near Hotel Pankaj as 1 and onwards.

Another very good alternative is to keep looking for signage to 'Pawankhind resort' They have their signage right from that fifth flyover till Amba Ghat. (The resort is little inside from the village, but once you reach Malkapur, there should be no need to look at their signage) Their website has good direction map on link - http://pawankhind.in/Map_Navigation.htm and you can take a print out with you.

Happy motoring!!
Old 1st March 2013, 21:44   #82
Senior - BHPian

@ishotmydog, Nicky, Ashishpallod, Canpush - many thanks guys for the very clear directions

@Canpush - thanks for sharing the mindblowing map! Each landmark has been detailed visually to a great extent!

@Ashishpallod - as suggested, the route then becomes Pune > Karad > Patan > Chiplun > Sangameshwar > GP, am slightly nonplussed as the total distance on this route remains almost the same. Is the route condition on this better as compared to the Ambha ghat route which is why the ETA would be early?
Old 11th March 2013, 10:12   #83
Senior - BHPian

Had to curtail my trip and returned yesterday. Had a great time, will post my experience later today.
Thanks again to you folks for helping out with the route.
Old 12th March 2013, 16:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

Have posted the detailed travelogue at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...apatipule.html
Old 10th May 2014, 20:13   #85
BHPian

hi
am going to ganapatipule from pune next week. can someone guide me on the routes as of now?

is it advisable to go on one route and return from another?
Old 12th May 2014, 12:24   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakkher View Post
hi
am going to ganapatipule from pune next week. can someone guide me on the routes as of now?

@Deepak, as mentioned in this thread earlier, Pune - Karad - Kokrud - Malkapur - Hatkhamba - Ganapatipule is the shortest route. My experience is that the road conditions vary from reasonable to very good. I had not found this road in a very bad shape at any point of time.

If you are looking for exploring ghats, you can opt for Chiplun - Koynanagar - Umbraj route on the way back.
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 13:44   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakkher View Post
hi

I would second sschivate's route Karad-Kokrud-Malkapur-Sakharpa-Hatkhamba (or Nivali phata via Devrukh)- Ganpatipule. Personally, this is my favorite. Beyond Karad, the roads are single lane and pretty winding, but scenic. Roads are good, barring some sections from Malkapur till Amba. Amba ghat is beautiful and safe to drive. Konkan roads right upto Ganaptipule are smooth now, except at a couple of places (short distances).

For Return, Ganaptipule - Sawarde - Alore - Koyana nagar - Patan - Umbraj - Pune route is shorter on map but may take more time due to small and rough roads. I have never traveled on them hence can't comment. If you do try this route, please post the status. Thank you.
Musaafir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 09:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

Me and my better half are planning to visit Ganpatiphule on the Independence day weekend.Any update on the road conditions and which route would be recommended?I don't mind taking a long route as long as the roads are good and scenic.
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Me and my better half are planning to visit Ganpatiphule on the Independence day weekend.Any update on the road conditions and which route would be recommended?I don't mind taking a long route as long as the roads are good and scenic.
Hi Rakesh,

Did you visit Ganpatiphule? Which route did you take?
I am planning to visit in first week of October.
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:35   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Hi Rakesh,

Did you visit Ganpatiphule? Which route did you take?
I am planning to visit in first week of October.
I took the Pune-Satara-Karad--Sahuwadi-Pali-Ganpatiphule route as shown in google maps.Mind you,the Pune satara road is at the worst conditions.Rest is ok but is bad at some places due to monsoons but well compensated by nice scenery.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed