Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 17:11   #106
BHPian

re: Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionforcars View Post
Hi all,

Planning for a Coastal Konkan trip from Nashik.

This is my current itinerary as advised by my friend Nandeep

D1: Nashik - Ganpatipule - Jaigadh - Ganpatipule

D2: Ganpatipule - Devgadh.

D3: Devgadh to Tarkarli / Malvan / Devbag

D4: Tarkarli / Malvan Devbag to Nashik

please comment /suggest options !!

Also, which route should I follow from Nashik To Ganpatipule ?

Please comment on the staying options also

Thanks
Nashik - Ganapatipule the best route would be Nashik - Mumbai - Expressway - Khopoli - Pali - Mangaon - Mahad - Chiplun - Ganapatipule. It comes around 470 odd kms.

Via Pune it is going to be a much longer route 500+ kms. Plus NH50 is pain to drive.

In any case it will be 10+ hours of driving, so I dont think you can squeeze Jaigadh in between. Tarkarli - Nashik will also be 600+ 12+ hours of drive. Not sure if you driving with family or friends, return one day journey is going to be very tiring.

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 17th December 2015 at 17:13.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 17:42   #107
BHPian

re: Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Nashik - Ganapatipule the best route would be Nashik - Mumbai - Expressway - Khopoli - Pali - Mangaon - Mahad - Chiplun - Ganapatipule. It comes around 470 odd kms.

Via Pune it is going to be a much longer route 500+ kms. Plus NH50 is pain to drive.

In any case it will be 10+ hours of driving, so I dont think you can squeeze Jaigadh in between. Tarkarli - Nashik will also be 600+ 12+ hours of drive. Not sure if you driving with family or friends, return one day journey is going to be very tiring.
Thank You Dodge_Viper.

I'll be travelling with my family.

Last edited by passionforcars : 17th December 2015 at 17:44.
Old 26th December 2015, 15:12   #108
BANNED

Re: Pune to Ganpatipule : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post

Hey guys,
On Google map, Route from Mumbai to Ganpatipule is shown as 356 Kms (8 hours) Isn;t this route good?
Continue on NH8. Take Santacruz – Chembur Link Rd, Sion-Panvel Expy and Mumbai - Pune Expy to Pen-Khopoli Rd. Take the exit from Mumbai - Pune Expy
1 h 40 min (85.3 km)

Follow Khopoli - Pali Rd to NH66 in Patansai
58 min (41.7 km)

Turn left onto NH66 Pass by HP Petrol Pump (on the left in 49.2 km)

1 h 12 min (61.0 km)

Follow SH96 and MH SH 272 to NH66 in Khavati
53 min (36.7 km)

Follow NH66 to Kond Asurde - Dingani Rd in Sangameshwar
1 h 42 min (87.7 km)

Continue on Kond Asurde - Dingani Rd to your destination in Ganpati Pule

Mod Note : It is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th December 2015 at 15:50. Reason: Mod note in post.
Old 26th December 2015, 22:42   #109
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 31st December 2015 at 11:41.
Deepalivg is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:26   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
The most popular route Route

Pune- Satara-Karad-Right turn off NH4-State Hignway
Join NH204-Amba-Sakharpa-Pali-Hathkhamba- Ratnagiri
Ratnagiri-Ganapatipule

The right turn on NH4 after Karad is easy to miss. Its about 3 km after Karad flyover. Best to use GPS. I have not been there for over 2-3 years. Fellow members please provide any landmarks that will be helpful.
Crossed Karad southbound and northbound last week.

On both occasions, I was looking out for signs for Ratnagiri near Karad to exactly notedown landmarks for the turn for my next trip to Kokan in summer.

I didn't see any signboard. A lot of construction has happened since the last time I took that right turn a few years back, its hard to locate it.

Fellow members please post directions for the Kokrud turn at NH4.
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:28   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post

Fellow members please post directions for the Kokrud turn at NH4.
After karad toward kolhapur, one has to take right turn under a bridge which is @ 5 km ahead of karad. The rt turn popularly known locally as ' kale-phata '.
There is no board mentioning turn toward Ratnagiri / Malkapur / kokrud. You will find a very small board near that bridge mentioning ' kale-phata ' directing toward service lane.
Old 23rd February 2016, 01:50   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
After karad toward kolhapur, one has to take right turn under a bridge which is @ 5 km ahead of karad. The rt turn popularly known locally as ' kale-phata '.
There is no board mentioning turn toward Ratnagiri / Malkapur / kokrud. You will find a very small board near that bridge mentioning ' kale-phata ' directing toward service lane.
AP is correct, you have to look for Kale Phata. The turn-off is approx 7km from Sangam hotel (top of the Karad city flyover). Once you take the service road and cross the highway through the underpass, you will see a milestone for Malkapur and Ratnagiri on your left.
Old 8th April 2016, 14:28   #113
BHPian

Hi. I am planning a trip to Ganpatipule and am thinking of the following route:
Pune --> Bhor --> Hirdoshi --> Mahad --> Poladpur --> Khed --> Chiplun --> Sangameshwar --> Ganpatipule

Has anyone traveled on this this route recently. How is the road condition across this route? Especially on the ghat sections.
Old 6th September 2016, 10:55   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Hi. I am planning a trip to Ganpatipule and am thinking of the following route:
--SNIP--
I am going to be visiting Ganapatipule in a few weeks time. What route did you end up taking?

Google shows the Karad - Malkapur - Amba route as the fastest. I don't mind driving more KMs but I would like the roads to be good as I will have my in-laws (60+) travelling with us in our XUV.

Any recommendations?
Old 6th September 2016, 13:08   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSideDown View Post
I am going to be visiting Ganapatipule in a few weeks time. What route did you end up taking?
While going from Pune, I took the route via Bhor --> Poladpur --> Chiplun. This route is quite scenic as it passes along the Nira-Deoghar dam backwaters. But the roads are winding all the way through and you keep going up and down multiple hills. Hence that slows you down a lot.

On the way back I took the Amba --> Malkapur --> Karad route. Since you are travelling with elders, I would suggest this route. The roads are good all through. And you get some decent food options along this route too.
Old 7th September 2016, 19:01   #116
BHPian

Friends, I am planning to go to GanpatiPule from Pune during Diwali holidays. Both my spouse and kid have motion sickness and I would like to select route which has less number of ghats (not sure if this is an option) and ghat which is less steep and less winding. I see in our forum the preferred route is

Pune --> Karad --> Malkapur --> Amba Ghat (Also, Google map shows this as the fastest route)

Has anyone recently tried the Pune --> Umbraj --> Chiplun route? Any recommendations?
Old 8th September 2016, 18:46   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
select route which has less number of ghats (not sure if this is an option) and ghat which is less steep and less winding.
Karad - Malkapur - Amba - Nivali wins hands-down on this count. Umbraj - Chiplun is longer, and ghat is longer, too.
sschivate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 19:03   #118

I had taken the route from Mumbai. Mumbai -> Pune -> Satara -> Warananagar -> Shahuwadi -> Ratnagiri -> Ganapati pule. I started at 5.30 in the morning and reached by 7 pm in the evening (lost the way once, and spent an hour correcting the route). I travelled last December, hence I am not sure about the nature of damage done to the roads by recent monsoons.

The route was good from Mumbai till Warananagar. Near satara, there is a ghat which is one way (Ghat 1. The return journey is through a tunnel.). There is a toll at Warananagar. Once you crossed the toll, you need to turn right for Ratnagiri. After Warana nagar, we have multiple ghats on the way.

The route is not good for people with motion sickness. My younger daughter has motion sickness and she had vomited nearly 8 to 10 times in the entire route. It is better that you take a private bus to these places.
Old 20th September 2016, 10:09   #119
BHPian

Just returned from a trip to Ganapatipule 2 days back. We were there for 4 days.
The Satara - Malkapur - Amba route is in pretty bad shape and deteriorating fast it seems. We took the same route while going and coming back. While going, though there were some rough patches, it was not too bad. But, on our return journey 4 days later (all of those 4 days having experienced almost non-stop rainfall in that region), it was significantly worse. Even the elders sensed it. It took us about 40 mins more on the return leg.
The ghat section in the Malkapur - Amba - Sakharpa route has developed numerous bad patches where you have to slow down to a crawl. While the scenery is gorgeous and traffic is pretty thin, bad roads sour the mood some.

We ate at different places both ways and every time it was a little roadside "hotel" run by a small family. I can happily report that every time we got delicious food. If the rustic village taste is your thing, you won't be disappointed.
RubberSideDown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 08:14   #120
BHPian

Returned from a Trip to Ganpatipule yesterday.

Took the Pune -> Satara -> Karad -> Kokrud -> Malkapur -> Amba Ghat -> Nivali route

The patch from Karad to Malkapur was being patched while we were going and it was in better shape during the return journey.
The bad patches were between Malkapur and start of Amba ghat. Hope those are also patched soon.

What was more dangerous was the journey between Karad and Pune. There are numerous pot-holes (not patches) which sprung at unexpected places (like curves) when you are going at good speeds. I hit one of them and heard a loud thud sound. The car held up well after that and I hope there are no issues with suspension or tires. Also, we need to be beware of speed breakers which are not painted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks