Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2022, 05:41   #1906
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Were you able to make this trip ?

Was checking Harita for next month end, however rooms are not available. Wanted to check tents , but seeing lot of mixed reviews online.
I have used this guy named Shravan Kumar in Gandikota, his tent camp ground is right by the cliff side and he arranged meals at Harita for his guests. He has “ac tents” as well basically a platform with an attached toilet and bed with a window ac on one wall over which a Shamiana is erected. Or for normal tents there’s a bathroom and toilet complex.

His number is +91 96762 41635 but he only speaks Telugu.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 09:43   #1907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Were you able to make this trip ?

Was checking Harita for next month end, however rooms are not available. Wanted to check tents , but seeing lot of mixed reviews online.
My return from Hyderabad is on 6th Sept. I was able to book a room in Haritha @Gandikota for 6th.
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 16:20   #1908
BHPian

Does anyone have any info on speed-traps Bangalore to Hyderabad and also return?

Not that I am planning on deliberately speeding, but it is very possible to exceed 80kph by mistake to 90kph or even 100 sometimes because one is not keenly watching the speedometer all the time.

Or is all enforcement now by CCTV cameras?

Thanks and cheers

Thanks and cheers
Old 11th September 2022, 22:04   #1909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Does anyone have any info on speed-traps Bangalore to Hyderabad and also return?

Not that I am planning on deliberately speeding, but it is very possible to exceed 80kph by mistake to 90kph or even 100 sometimes because one is not keenly watching the speedometer all the time.

Thanks and cheers

Thanks and cheers
I drove to hyderabad and back last month, during this drive I maintained around 110 Kmph and didn't get any tickets .

In my opinion, following speed limits is difficult as I saw 30,60 Kmph speed limit boards on some of the straight stretches (such limit starts well before any intersections) . I tried following these limits by slowing down to 60 Kmph, but got worried of getting rear ended, so i went back to my normal speed but took a cautious approach while approaching any intersections.

On the Hyderabad ORR it is 100 Kmph.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 22:29   #1910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

Thanks and cheers

Thanks and cheers
Towards Hyd, you’ll see a lot of 60/30 boards. This is in and around Jadcherla. You’ll also see traffic cops with cameras sitting between bushes in the highway median. Take care when you see those. Otherwise, you’ll be fine.

ORR has strict limits of 100.

On your return, once you cross Jadcherla, you’re fine. You’ll see interceptors only closer to Bangalore.
jkrishnakj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 03:32   #1911
BHPian

Hi All,

I have travelled this stretch approximately 65 times (65 x 2 = 130 i.e. approx 80K km) since April 2018 until recently in July 2022.

Courtsey my beloved ECOSPORT.

If I have to recount the travel time then it took me 11 hours (max) and 6.5 hours (min) to cover the one way distance. The road on this stretch is really good..it always stood first in my list (considering I have done many long drives covering multiple states). But later it became the 2nd best (offlate the stretch between Vijayawada to Sri Kalahasti became #1 in my list).

The BLR-HYD-BLR route is doable almost any day. The roads are largely good. However few teething issues (as mentionwd by many members) are truly there.

Unplanned speed breakers specially between (Anantapur and bangalore). Wrong side roding/driving (localite 2Ws, tractors etc. Diversions due to flyover construction enroute etc etc However keeping road safety in mind one needs to be cautious while driving during Rainy season.

There are ample restaurants (both ways) to halt at.

It's charm to drive on this stretch . I Will be travelling, once again, on this stretch soon !!

Regards,
Anupam

Last edited by Anupam1024 : 12th September 2022 at 03:36.
Anupam1024 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 12:02   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I drove to hyderabad and back last month, during this drive I maintained around 110 Kmph and didn't get any tickets .

In my opinion, following speed limits is difficult as I saw 30,60 Kmph speed limit boards on some of the straight stretches (such limit starts well before any intersections) . I tried following these limits by slowing down to 60 Kmph, but got worried of getting rear ended, so i went back to my normal speed but took a cautious approach while approaching any intersections.

On the Hyderabad ORR it is 100 Kmph.
Thank you for the helpful response!

BLR-HYD I did not notice any interceptors (but of course they could have been hidden). I was not heavily speeding per se, but my cruise control was set at 100 on the speedo, actual speed being around 95-96 I guess.

On the ORR itself the cruise was set at 100 exactly.

HYD-BLR the cruise-control was set at 80 until Jadcherla. At Jadcherla itself (just coming down the lovely six-lane wide beautiful stretch just about entering the town) there was an interceptor that no one can see until it's too late. It was on the main stretch itself, not hidden.

HYD-BLR, there's another interceptor after crossing Kurnool. This one was a short distance after passing Hyderabad Chefs and the Nandyal-Kadappa on-ramp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Towards Hyd, you’ll see a lot of 60/30 boards. This is in and around Jadcherla. You’ll also see traffic cops with cameras sitting between bushes in the highway median. Take care when you see those. Otherwise, you’ll be fine.

ORR has strict limits of 100.

On your return, once you cross Jadcherla, you’re fine. You’ll see interceptors only closer to Bangalore.
The 60/40 boards are when one approaches a U-turn or pedestrian crossing; and the best part is after the U-turn there is a "cancel" board (round White board with a thick Black slash across it) indicating that the 60-40 limits are cancelled and that the default highway speed limit is back in force.

And on the return, like I mentioned earlier, there is one after Kurnool, so do not rest easy Luckily I was conducting an experiment and was therefore at 80kph cruise control the entire drive and therefore did not get caught.

Talking about food/toilet stops, Hyderabad chefs has opened a new outlet just after passing Kurnool (on the HYD-BLR side) with clean toilets.

There is also a new one (in both directions) called Cube Stop. This apparently is in a partnership with NHAI themselves. They right now have KFC, Paradise Biryani, a tea/coffee/sandwiches outlet; clean drinking water, a baby-changing station, and amazingly clean and extremely well-organised toilets. There is enough parking for every car, truck and bus that exists in the world heheheheheh.

Cube stop is in Chikballapur (on the main highway) on the BLR-HYD side and after Kurnool on the HRD-BLR side.

They have outlets in other places too like Hosur and some places up North.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 15:51   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Tilt. Amidst my several drives to Hyd and back, my only halting places both ways is the CCD at Gooty. Have somehow never stopped at other places. Good input’s from your post.

I’ll be driving to Hyd next week. These days, Airport-Airport itself takes an easy 6+ hours.
Old 14th October 2022, 07:18   #1914
BHPian

Planning to drive to Hyderabad and return after few days.

Please suggest, good restaurant options on both sides of the highway for the below timings.

BLR-HYD :

start at around 6AM from ECity.
Nandi Upachar for breakfast?
Any suggestions for Lunch Stops.

HYD-BLR :

start at around 6AM from Alwal.
Any suggestions for breakfast stop on the left side of the highway ?
Suggestions for lunch as well.

Thank You.

Also, is there any water logging on highway, with recent rains at Anantpur ?

Last edited by chaitanyakrish : 14th October 2022 at 07:28.
Old 14th October 2022, 13:03   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post

Please suggest, good restaurant options on both sides of the highway for the below timings.

BLR-HYD :

Nandi Upachar is a good option for breakfast.

Matsya Amazon Kitchens before Kurnool is an option for lunch.
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 00:15   #1916
BHPian

Quote:

BLR-HYD :

HYD-BLR :

start at around 6AM from Alwal.
Any suggestions for breakfast stop on the left side of the highway ?
Suggestions for lunch as well.

Thank You.

Also, is there any water logging on highway, with recent rains at Anantpur ?

BLR-HYD :

Nandi Upachar for breakfast? - Perfect. Our personal favourite.
Any suggestions for Lunch Stops. - Food pyramid

HYD-BLR :

Any suggestions for breakfast stop on the left side of the highway ? - Food Pyramid again. It's on the right hand side of the road though. However, there is a U turn just in front of this place.
samkat1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 14:55   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
BLR-HYD :

Any suggestions for Lunch Stops. - Food pyramid
Google Maps shows, 6-9 hours to Food Pyramid from Bangalore ECity.

I will be traveling with a kid, in case, if I need an early lunch around 12PM-1PM, are there any other good options as backup?

This is my first trip in this route.

Last edited by chaitanyakrish : 18th October 2022 at 14:57.
Old 18th October 2022, 16:29   #1918
BHPian

Quote:

I will be traveling with a kid, in case, if I need an early lunch around 12PM-1PM, are there any other good options as backup?

In Kurnool, there is Hotel Suraj Grand, which is a veg restaurant if you prefer. Its ok restaurant, nothing great. they have buffet lunch and buffet breakfast depending on what time you go. Taste could be better, but has decent ambience and proper restrooms.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/FO...9!4d77.9392464

Coffee Day outlet , not experienced personally, but heard it is decent
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...mRmT1RKblJSQUI

Saw a few restuarants in Ananthpur if you take the service road as you enter instead of following the highway. Don't have any recommendations though as haven't tried it
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 18:05   #1919
BHPian

Quote:

There are few restaurants just before Kurnool. Kritunga, Hyderbad Chefs etc. I have tried Hyderabad Chefs and its good, but on the right side.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 18:31   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
In Kurnool, there is Hotel Suraj Grand, which is a veg restaurant if you prefer. Its ok restaurant, nothing great. they have buffet lunch and buffet breakfast depending on what time you go. Taste could be better, but has decent ambience and proper restrooms.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/FO...9!4d77.9392464

Coffee Day outlet , not experienced personally, but heard it is decent
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...mRmT1RKblJSQUI

Saw a few restuarants in Ananthpur if you take the service road as you enter instead of following the highway. Don't have any recommendations though as haven't tried it

https://goo.gl/maps/qCULx1jjsozEmuov8
This place is a cluster of restaurants before Anantapur town. You have restaurants on both sides of road.
sriturl is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed