Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 12:31   #1186
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post
If you can take a slight de-tour then you can get Bawarchi Biryani which is hardly a Km away from the point you take left for the Nehru ORR, instead of taking the left exit for Nagpur, continue straight and Bawarchi is within 1KM from the point and they are open till 2 AM.

Hope it helps.
Slightly OT, but AFAIK, there's only ONE Bawarchi in hyderabad which is at RTC X Roads @ Chikkadpally, several miles way from any exit point of ORR deep inside the city. You probably might be talking about some Fake Bawarchi that run with a Prefixed words like - Green[Bawarchi], Red[Bawarchi], Original... hiding their identity
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 18:57   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Slightly OT, but AFAIK, there's only ONE Bawarchi in hyderabad which is at RTC X Roads @ Chikkadpally, several miles way from any exit point of ORR deep inside the city. You probably might be talking about some Fake Bawarchi that run with a Prefixed words like - Green[Bawarchi], Red[Bawarchi], Original... hiding their identity
Thanks for informing me that, I only stay for a night at max in hyderabad during my travel to north India, so wasn't aware of this catch. But I've eaten there couple of times and found it to be decent.

But yes, Biryani at most of the places in Hyderabad is decent.

Sorry about wrong info.
Old 19th September 2015, 11:58   #1188
Senior - BHPian

For my journey from Hyderabad to Kabini and Coorg, I have decided to take one night halt at Bangalore and drive comfortably.

MY pit stop in Bangalore in near Marathalli.
Can you please help me regarding how to reach Marathalli from Hyderabad side and also the easiest way from Marathalli to Mysore/Kabini. I am thinking to take the normal Mysore road.
Old 19th September 2015, 13:18   #1189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
For my journey from Hyderabad to Kabini and Coorg, I have decided to take one night halt at Bangalore and drive comfortably.

MY pit stop in Bangalore in near Marathalli.
Can you please help me regarding how to reach Marathalli from Hyderabad side and also the easiest way from Marathalli to Mysore/Kabini. I am thinking to take the normal Mysore road.

Easiest would be to take the outer ring road(ORR) from the hebbal flyover.

- Keep extreme left while approaching this flyover which will connect you to the ORR. Refer to the circled point on the top left of the screen shot.

- Then again you will have to be a little careful near KR Puram(Krishnarajapuram) to avoid the hanging bridge(refer to the other cirlced point). Keeping extreme left will help. You will have to take right below the bridge. Then in another 50M you will have to take the flyover to continue on the ORR which will take you to Marathahalli.

- To take the Mysore road, I will prefer ORR - Bannerghatta Road - NICE Road and take the Mysore road exit.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-snap2.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 15:22   #1190
Senior - BHPian

^^
Many thanks,@arun_joise.
For Marathalli to Nice Road exit, how much time it should take on Saturday morning at 6-6:30 AM start? Also, how much time I should expect to reach Mysore?

Google Maps shows this route.Is it what you recommend?
If not, can you show the preferred route in maps?
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-marathalli-msore-road-exit.jpg
Old 19th September 2015, 16:15   #1191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^
Many thanks,@arun_joise.
For Marathalli to Nice Road exit, how much time it should take on Saturday morning at 6-6:30 AM start? Also, how much time I should expect to reach Mysore?

Google Maps shows this route.Is it what you recommend?
If not, can you show the preferred route in maps?
Attachment 1416811
The one suggested by me is slightly different. Here it is,

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-snap1.jpg

Since you are starting early, time-wise both the routes will take similar timings only. But for the route suggested by google, you will have to pay extra toll of 33 rupees.

6:00-6:30 AM from Marathahalli will be late. You should be at the Mysore exit by 6:00 AM or earlier. Which means, you will have to start from Marathahalli by 5-5:15 AM. It will take 3-4 hours with one break.

Last edited by arun_josie : 19th September 2015 at 16:17.
Old 21st September 2015, 12:18   #1192
BHPian

Hi folks, was checking for eating options on Hyd-Bang highway (particularly on Hyderabad side).
I have been to Hill Park (around 50kms from ORR), however that's quite nearby and doesn't open for an early morning start.
Heard that there is another such drive-in option come up lately after Jadcherla (around Bhootpur) called 97 if I remember correctly,
has anyone used its services and/or point to its location??
Old 21st September 2015, 13:19   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hi folks, was checking for eating options on Hyd-Bang highway (particularly on Hyderabad side).
Heard that there is another such drive-in option come up lately after Jadcherla (around Bhootpur) called 97 if I remember correctly,
has anyone used its services and/or point to its location??
As the name, "97", suggests, it is 97km from Hyderabad.
Which again is just a bit too close being just another 30 minutes away.
How about carrying sandwiches from Mountain Bakery?
Old 21st September 2015, 23:12   #1194
Senior - BHPian

As I understand, there are not too many eating options in the Hyderabad-Bangalore stretch. Is there any decent place near Bangalore ariport area? I might be reaching the outskirts of Bangalore by 2 PM or so..good time to grab some lunch. Preferably one with a clean restroom (As I understand, clean restrooms are also hard to find in this stretch),
Old 21st September 2015, 23:48   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
As I understand, there are not too many eating options in the Hyderabad-Bangalore stretch. Is there any decent place near Bangalore ariport area? I might be reaching the outskirts of Bangalore by 2 PM or so..good time to grab some lunch. Preferably one with a clean restroom (As I understand, clean restrooms are also hard to find in this stretch),
You could try Kamat at Chikballapur, ~35 odd kms to Bangalore airport. it's adjacent to the huge BP petrol pump and Kamat Upachar Ghar Dhaba. Decent place to stop and ample parking. It's on the Blr-Hyd side of the road though.

I also saw a new (?) hotel at the turning towards Nandi hills from the highway. Don't have personal experience there, but just happened to notice it while driving by couple of months back.
Old 22nd September 2015, 00:10   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
The Airport Road / Blore-Hyd NH is now full of eateries and joints, courtesy the airport taxi movement. Shouldnt be any issue. You will however have to descent the elevated road. Between Devanahalli Airport merge point and Yelahanka AF Stn, you will find places to stay. One eatery is Barrels in the vicinity of the Decathlon store. You will get CCD as well. There are many more options you can try.
Old 22nd September 2015, 00:54   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
How about carrying sandwiches from Mountain Bakery?
Thanks Bajaj Sa'b .. that's a very viable suggestion.

Still was trying to search '97' and came across this - www.foodstation97.com (Food Station 97).
Its location however seems a bit off the highway (around 5-6 kms).
Old 22nd September 2015, 06:34   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Kamat restrooms are pretty bad. Nandi Upachar at the Devanhalli-Nandi Hill road junction will suit you. Tasty, hot food, quick service and most importantly well maintained restrooms.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:00   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
There is also A2B after the airport.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:11   #1200
Distinguished - BHPian

How about Indian Paratha Company? I have not visited this place, but i see many driving to this place during weekends. Coming from Hyderabad this is before the airport near devanahalli

http://indianparathacompany.com/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks