Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:19   #1216
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Telengana state traffic and law and order cops have great vehicles. Saw an Ecosport in all its painted cop colors just before entering Hyderabad.
Must be the AP ones,TS has Innovas and AP has ecosports,and yes they both definitely look great and snazzy!
Old 9th November 2015, 14:22   #1217
BHPian

Did Bangalore <--> Hyderabad <--> Bangalore twice in a short duration (very recently)

This is what is my observation is based on comparison with other National Highways:

1. Food options are very limited (pure veg ones)
2. No big brands (Coffee Day, Subway, etc.), McD, KFC, etc.
3. Wash rooms, poor to average

From our second trip we started to pack food.
If we start late from Bangalore city, we stop at A2B (right side) or India Paratha Company, for wash room. This might be the last decent one till you reach home.

We stop for lunch at A1 plaza before Gooty (almost mid way)
We park beneath a tree. Enjoy home food. Buy beverages. Use the wash room at the plaza (strictly average)

After crossing into Telangana there is a Ghar Dhaba (after the toll booth at the outskirts of Kurnool). Stop for tea and wash room.

We predominantly stick to the same places even while coming back.
kayvwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 17:59   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Must be the AP ones,TS has Innovas and AP has ecosports,and yes they both definitely look great and snazzy!
The Kurnool flyover had an interceptor last weekend (Sunday afternoon). We pulled over to eat at the Holiday Inn nearby, (behind the large IBP petrol bunk) so we witnessed quite a few Bangalore cars flagged down. Apparently anything above 60 causes you to be flagged down (as it is within city limits). I was told there is also friction as this is the Andhra & Telengana border (the clustering of petrol bunks on the Andhra side of the border is a reminder of how this division plays out).

BTW, I can recommend the Holiday Inn Kurnool. The staff went out of their way to fetch breakfast (around 11) from a nearby canteen. Service was efficient and bathrooms were clean. They also directed us to a mega Spencers Hypermart (100 metres away, below the flyover), which give some additional fast food options. The Kamat Upachar, after Nandi Hills is really a sad relic, with indifferent service, and lousy food. Your best option remains the popular TPC (The Paratha Co), or the restaurant at the Nandi Hills turnoff.

The windmills stretching around the hills enroute at Gutturu are truly a sight to behold, and seem magical in the early morning light. The roads are truly a drivers delight, though the absence of truck traffic is felt almost throughout. Maybe the high tolls (~600) keep commercial vehicles away.
Juggy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 20:41   #1219
BHPian

There is a CCD on this road near Mehboobnagar
Old 23rd November 2015, 21:44   #1220
BHPian

There is a new restaurant called Nandi Upachar, right at the place where you take a left turn to go to Nandi hills. This is not bad at all. Good food and clean toilet.
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:23   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is one medium to low end eating joint at 220 kms from Bangalore, Reliance A1 at 259 km and one higher end called "97" at 472 kms from Bangy/Whitefield.
Pity you did not try out the idly plates at Reliance A1 dhaba. I'd posted last month that those were simply great. And yes, that is a good spot for late breakfast, though the restrooms are a bit dowdy.

Quote:
On the return leg we found one low to medium end joint at 262 kms called Limvas, and at 288 kms Reliance GR plaza.
Yup, that's the place I'd posted about too (Reliance GR Plaza). Good for finger fries, but nothing treat. Something is better than nothing type. But my trip log shows it at 276 kms from Somajiguda, and SR Nagar should not be more than +- 2 kms. Perhaps you went via the ORR on your return trip to BLR.

Quote:
Totally there are 7 toll booths at (km from Whitefield/cost) 117/85, 194/95, 260/85, 318/90, 368/90, 453/56, 514/58 not counting the airport one at Bangy.
Matches with my log, but the first one from BLR was 80, not 85. And this does not count the airport one of BLR.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 12:06   #1222

I did a Hyderabad to Kozhikkode car ride last week (shared the responsibilities with a professional driver). This was the 1st time that I was doing such a long trip. AH 43 from Hyderabad to Bengaluru was just amazing. Although I have travelled by bus on that route, I couldn't enjoy the scenery, now the road.

We started from Hyderabad at 07:30 and drove at a sedate speed of 80-90 kmph and arrived at KGI Airport by 16:45. We reached the Mysore Road at 18:45, had the petrol tank and stomachs filled full and left for Kozhikkode at 19:30. The best roads were till the KA border beyond which, as has been mentioned by many others, the innumerable speed breakers. The speed breakers stretched till the KA/Kerala Border at Kutta/Tholpetti. We opted for the Kutta route because the Forest Check posts on the Gundalpet route would be closed by 21:00 hrs, and we wouldn't make it in time. Wild elephants, Bisons and a lot of deer were encountered during that ride to Tholpetti. We took a 2:30 hrs break at Mananthavady before reaching our destination at 07:30 the next day.

Whereas the toll rates at Jadcherla and L&T W Andhra are Re.1/- km, the rates at Pullur, Amakathadu, Kasepalli and Marur were more than Re.1/- per km. I do not know the rate per km for the Bagepalli and Devanahalli Tolled roads, as the toll slips did not have the details. I would like to know, why there is this difference in rates on the same route. Also, I do not understand the need for the Devanahalli Toll Plaza. Could someone shed some light on these?
ClassicScooter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 15:59   #1223
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking of a Bangalore - Hyderabad trip by car from Dec 26th - Dec 28th.
Plan to stay in Banjara hills area. Following are the places that I plan to visit.

1 Dec 27th - Ramoji film city, drive through ORR
2. Dec 26th - Golconda Fort & drive through high tech city

3 Dec 28th -Return to Bangalore after break fast.

Anything to be careful about - speed checking, RTO checking etc?

Plan to stay in Banjara hills. What is the best route to reach Banjara hills from Bangalore?

I have read about the lack of eateries on the way. With a 5:00 AM start from Bangalore, which would be the ideal place for break fast and with a 10:00 AM start from Hyderabad, which would be the ideal place for lunch?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st December 2015, 18:15   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Plan to stay in Banjara hills area. Following are the places that I plan to visit.

1 Dec 27th - Ramoji film city, drive through ORR
2. Dec 26th - Golconda Fort & drive through high tech city

3 Dec 28th -Return to Bangalore after break fast.

Anything to be careful about - speed checking, RTO checking etc?

Plan to stay in Banjara hills. What is the best route to reach Banjara hills from Bangalore?

I have read about the lack of eateries on the way. With a 5:00 AM start from Bangalore, which would be the ideal place for break fast and with a 10:00 AM start from Hyderabad, which would be the ideal place for lunch?

Thanks in advance.
I am headed in that direction about the same time as you. Here is some information I gathered.

Itinerary
(Bangalore - Hyderabad)

Stop overs (In the order of direction)
Breakfast Options
  • Nandi Upachar near Devanahalli-Nandi Hill Road Junction (Veg only, tasty food, clean restrooms)
  • Geo Co-Ordinates: @13.2686185,77.7172074

• Indian Paratha Company http://indianparathacompany.com/ (Great Veg food, Clean Bathrooms (Easy to miss)
  • Address: Survey No. 1/2, Bangalore- Hyderabad Highway,
  • Devanahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka 526110
  • Landmark: On The Foothills Of Hill Jain Temple, 10 minutes From Bangalore International Airport, Guttahalli, Kasaba Hobli,
  • Map: https://goo.gl/maps/N6tDgdWtfjy
  • Geo Location: @13.2548652,77.7151079,15.21z

• McDonalds (Before toll and after Airport) (Open 7 AM - 11 PM, Veg/Non-Veg, Clean Bathrooms)
  • Geo Co-ordinates: @13.1904323,77.6460322

Snacking
  • Reliance A1 plaza, near Gooty (Veg, good food, Average Restrooms)
  • Geo Location: @15.0484993,77.6224249,15z;
  • https://goo.gl/maps/fo41XbYceu92

• Ghar Dhaba (After crossing into Telangana, after toll booth at the outskirts of Kurnool). Stop for tea and wash room.
  • Geo Location: @15.9638719,77.9888682,15.52z;
  • https://goo.gl/maps/y5y2a3razCw

• "Bharathi 97 Food N Fuel" 460 KMS from Bangalore
  • Geo Location: @16.674777,78.0245358,17.22z;
  • https://goo.gl/maps/H6sjbssnCZL2

Lunch (Optional)
Within Hyderabad somewhere
sudeepg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 19:13   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post

Thanks in advance.

I am also planning Ramoji for the kids on the 31st and 1st. I will be staying at the Sitara hotel within the film city. On the 2nd I plan to stay in town to catch up with some old friends. Have booked at the Radison Gachibowli.

5:am start in December is a bad idea. You will hit fog as soon as you pass the airport and can be pretty dangerous to drive through. I plan to leave at 6:30 so that I will pass the airport and reach Nandi Upachar for breakfast. The fog should have settled by them and I plan to do just a one stop after that to make up time.

Do Golkonda in the evening. It can get really hot in Hyderabad during the day.

Cheers have good trip. Will be nice if you update your experience after Ramoji city visit.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2015, 22:48   #1226
BHPian

Folks.. I traveled on 19th Dec on Hyd BLR highway. Butter smooth drive... just be careful of random lane closures due to ongoing maintenance works.

Found a very decent eatery called "M - Food Court" about 65 km from Hyderabad on left side while driving from Hyderabad. Very spacious, well maintained with Air-port like wash rooms. I was told this has opened around 1st of December'2015.

Had early morning Breakfast.. decent; but a bit expensive ( south indian dishes). Will be an excellent pit stop for folks starting early morning from HYD.
Night_Hawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 17:02   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Folks.. I traveled on 19th Dec on Hyd BLR highway. Butter smooth drive... just be careful of random lane closures due to ongoing maintenance.

Had early morning Breakfast.. decent; but a bit expensive ( south indian dishes). Will be an excellent pit stop for folks starting early morning from HYD.

What time did you start. If you started early from Bangalore, did you encounter fog. My start time will depend on your reply. Thanks buddy.
Old 28th December 2015, 17:43   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Traveled yesterday Banglore -Hyderabad

Road maintenance was happening between Devanahalli and Chikaballapur .Was one way for about 10 kms .

Kurnool - Hyderabad was like city traffic very high probably long weekend I suppose.

The toll booth at Bhuthpur took about 20 mins to cross

Raikal toll plaza 20 mins inspite of two additional counter with mobile toll ticket machine
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 07:26   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I am headed in that direction about the same time as you. Here is some information I gathered.

[*]Ghar Dhaba (After crossing into Telangana, after toll booth at the outskirts of Kurnool). Stop for tea and wash room. [*]Geo Location: @15.9638719,77.9888682,15.52z; [*]https://goo.gl/maps/y5y2a3razCw

Within Hyderabad somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I am also planning Ramoji for the kids on the 31st and 1st.

Cheers have good trip. Will be nice if you update your experience after Ramoji city visit.
Thanks for the inputs. Completed my trip yesterday.

Started from Whitefield at 6:00 AM on 28th and reached the hotel at Banjara Hills at 1:30 PM with one fuel break and a break fast break. Had break fast at a small road side hotel near Ananthpur - no toilets. Stopped for fuel at the BP COCO outlet after Kurnool.

Started from Banjara hills at 9:30 AM yesterday and reached home at Whitefield at 5:40 PM with a lunch break and 2 fuel breaks. Had lunch between Kurnool and Ananthpur in an erstwhile A1 plaza. Decent food and Ok restrooms.

At Ramoji, I had booked a 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM package which costed Rs 2097/- for adult. Frankly, I did not find it worth as the guided tour does not allow you to watch places at your own pace and in the order that you like. Moreover, the AC bus is not designed for site seeing. We came out of the guided tour and watched places ourselves. Only advantage is that lunch, tea, water, juice etc are included in the package.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 12:57   #1230
BHPian

Did hyderabad- bangalore last monday.The roads are fine but beware of some speed breakers which does not have any indications.Visited ramoji,birla temple
salar jung museum,charminar,chowmahalla palace and golconda.The visit to ramoji was not up to my expectations, as it was like a visit to a theme park instead of a film city ,the light and sound show at golconda could have been made more entertaining, though it was informative .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks