Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 23:00   #1306
BHPian

Is there anyway that one can go to cherlapally from shamshabad airport without taking the internal city roads ? Any ORR route from airport ? Thanks.
Old 22nd July 2016, 08:17   #1307
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Is there anyway that one can go to cherlapally from shamshabad airport without taking the internal city roads ? Any ORR route from airport ? Thanks.
You can take the ORR towards Warangal and exit at Ghatkesar(Warangal Exit). Cherlapally is around 6 KM from Ghatkesar.
Old 22nd July 2016, 19:49   #1308
BHPian

Hi,

can someone help me with the best (less traffic and potholes) route to reach mallasandra village (next to nice ring road). If I'm coming on NH44 from devanahalli side (from Hyderabad). Which is the easiest way to get onto Nice ring road as I need to go to a place adjacent to nice ring road.

Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 12:14   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Staying near Himayatnagar circle. How do I get to this place ??? Also planning a one day outing to Ramoji film city. What would be the route??

Also any restaurants/fuel options on the way. Been a long time since I did this drive.
The best place to take a food/tea/loo break is the Bluemoon highway food court. You will find all popular cuisines and well maintained washrooms. This is at about 20 mins drive after crossing Gooty.

If you start with a tankfull, you dont need to fuel midway. Both petrol and diesel Vernas should be able to make it without having to refuel.

After NH7 ends, dont take the exit to the outer ring road. Cross the airport exit, keep going straight till you find the PVNR elevated express way. From there fire up your google maps and it should easily take you to Himayat nagar.

For the Ramoji film city, you can take the LB nagar route, that would be nearest for you. Use Google maps to navigate.

And dont forget to carry your original license, RC, insurance and polution certificate. Safe journey.

Last edited by IUNKWN : 24th July 2016 at 12:18.
IUNKWN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 22:47   #1310
BHPian

Just finished a Long trip!

It was Hyd-Kurnool-Ananthapuramu-Kadiri-Madanapalle-Palamaneru-Chittoor-Pileru-Rayachoti-Kadapa-Nandyala-Kurnool-Hyd

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Hy...d17.385044!3e0

The Hyd-Kurnool Road is very well maintained and offers little room for any complaints.

Kurnool-Anantapuram Stretch seems a notch below then Hyd-Knl one . Some places are yet to be properly levelled.
Look out for inconspicuous but unwelcoming and irritable speed [ and back] breakers. They are quite menacing at high speeds.

Ananthapuramu-Madanapalle is a 2-lane undivided road with moderate to heavy traffic.
The Road is undergoing some repairs and will increase the time. And the open gravel is spread across that can cause some disturbances.

Madanapalle-Chittoor [ joins Bengaluru-Chennai Highway @ Palamaneru] is a great road but with heavy traffic.

Chittoor-Kadapa is a very well maintained road.

The road starts getting worse before 40 km from Nandyala . They are some works undergoing that cause some road diversions.

As the road goes north towards Nandyala, things go south...

Roads @ Nandyala are worse. Less said, the better.

Roads get better as we leave Nandyal and approach Kurnool.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot-46.png  

Last edited by poised2drive : 24th July 2016 at 22:53.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 09:41   #1311
BHPian

Just completed Hyd-Blr trip. The roads remain very good throughout. Since the flyovers at Kurnool are ready, it is indeed a smooth ride.

Up to Kurnool at every junction on the highway, there are rumblers and they are highly irritating. These are raised white bands, spaced closer as we approach the junction. The rumbling starts about 20 meters prior to the junction. Probably the folks assumed it is the best alternative to speed-breakers. Perhaps since there isn't much traffic beyond Kurnool, these folks have gone easy on these speed-breakers which are non-existent.

Actual speed-breakers start from Hindupur onwards. Then at every junction, till we cross Banglaore, there are these huge speed-breakers.

I drove up to Coimbatore and the the total toll came to Rs. 789+403. The former till Bangalore and the latter from Bangalore to Coimbatore.
lejhoom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 22:05   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
There is a CCD on NH7 between jadcherla & shadnagar (1 hour before hyderabad on the other side of highway when you coming from bangalore) where I went recently. In this thread other team bhpians have recommended a place called food pyramid (~ 90 kms after kurnool).

I heard of speed guns and fines (on this thread) around bhootpur about an hour or more before you reach hyderabad. Advisable to stick to speed limits.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Where is the location of this Food Pyramid, can you point me to a location on google maps. Heard about the speed guns and patrolling. Where exactly is this ??? I drive at 100-110 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
The best place to take a food/tea/loo break is the Bluemoon highway food court. You will find all popular cuisines and well maintained washrooms. This is at about 20 mins drive after crossing Gooty.

If you start with a tankfull, you dont need to fuel midway. Both petrol and diesel Vernas should be able to make it without having to refuel.

After NH7 ends, dont take the exit to the outer ring road. Cross the airport exit, keep going straight till you find the PVNR elevated express way. From there fire up your google maps and it should easily take you to Himayat nagar.

For the Ramoji film city, you can take the LB nagar route, that would be nearest for you. Use Google maps to navigate.

And dont forget to carry your original license, RC, insurance and polution certificate. Safe journey.

Thank you for the suggestions. Very helpful. Will keep them in mind.
Old 27th July 2016, 22:37   #1313
BHPian

I am travelling with family to Hyderabad for a weekend trip. Starting from Jalahalli by 2:30pm and staying in the HiTech city area. Assuming 2 breaks totalling 1.5 hours, what time can I realistically reach HiTech city?

I plan to break at 1) Bluemoon highway hotel and 2) Cafe coffee day assuming both would have clean restrooms.

Can people also suggest good places to eat the local cuisine in Hyderabad?
Old 28th July 2016, 06:57   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
I am travelling with family to Hyderabad for a weekend trip. Starting from Jalahalli by 2:30pm and staying in the HiTech city area. Assuming 2 breaks totalling 1.5 hours, what time can I realistically reach HiTech city?

I plan to break at 1) Bluemoon highway hotel and 2) Cafe coffee day assuming both would have clean restrooms.

Can people also suggest good places to eat the local cuisine in Hyderabad?

Why don't you start earlier ? You will probably encounter a drizzle through out and will slow you down once it's dark.
Factoring in any drizzle and considering it's going to be dark I guess you will take over 8 hours with a 2 stopper.

Try Rayalseema Ruchulu in Hitec or their Jubliee hills outlet ( they run a great buffet at the Jubilee hills outlet).
Old 28th July 2016, 07:57   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Where is the location of this Food Pyramid, can you point me to a location on google maps.

Heard about the speed guns and patrolling. Where exactly is this ??? I drive at 100-110 only.
Food Pyramid is on your left 5 km after Kothakota which is after Kurnool when coming from Bangalore to Hyderabad. Type "Food Pyramid Kanimetta" in google map to get the location. There are 2 gaps in divider to access the place.

Speed Guns in AP are sometimes positioned just after you cross Tata Motors on your left at end of Kurnool town but before the bridge over river Tungabhadra.

And anytime after the bridge over river Krishna (I saw a police check around 3 km before the bridge on sunday, not for speed though) till Jadcherla, maybe even after that. 80 kmph is the limit on all NH across India. The TS police is smart and change their location daily so no one can give you advance notification.

Drive safe and at sane speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post

Lot of options have sprung up and the highway is no more as deserted as it was in 2012.

By CCD, do you mean Hill Park Drive? That is on your right side at Balanagar (after Jadcherla) when coming from Bangalore to Hyderabad. You need to take the right service lane at the main junction / x-road of Balanagar town else you will not be able to access the place.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 19:43   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
By CCD, do you mean Hill Park Drive? That is on your right side at Balanagar (after Jadcherla) when coming from Bangalore to Hyderabad. You need to take the right service lane at the main junction / x-road of Balanagar town else you will not be able to access the place.
I am not sure if it's the same one. I referred to the CCD mentioned in some earlier posts. Looks like going here while travelling to Hyderabad would waste quite sometime. Will go here on the way back. Will take my second break at Food Plaza which is also on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Why don't you start earlier ?
I have to be in office in the first. Will wrap up some meetings and then head out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Try Rayalseema Ruchulu in Hitec or their Jubliee hills outlet ( they run a great buffet at the Jubilee hills outlet).
I heard from a colleague that the food here is extremely spicy. Is that true? Are there any other less spicy alternatives? I am looking out for a traditional Andhra meal served on a banana leaf.
Old 1st August 2016, 15:59   #1317
BHPian

Are Fastag counters Operational in all Tolls between Hyderabad and Bangalore??
Old 1st August 2016, 17:45   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post

The Karnataka - AP border toll plaza was getting ready for Fast tag about 3 weeks
back when I traveled last time. Do not know the latest status thou.

Raikal toll plaza that is between Jadcherla and Shadnagar where Fast tag is working.

A small tip when crossing the Fast tag lane drive slowly from the start of the divider till
you the toll collection gate this should work.

Last edited by gajadonga : 1st August 2016 at 17:48.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 18:56   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Will be driving to Gachibowli Hyderabad from Whitefield on 13th August and back on 15th. Aiming to leave around 530 AM. Are there speed cameras while going or is it only on the way back ?
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:42   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
No. 1 for sure, another with handheld if you have patience to wait. Not sure of the rest.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed