Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 22:20   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
  • Blue Moon

Note:Within a distance of 2-3Km from Blue Moon there are other options like an A1 Plaza on left inside a Reliance bunk campus and Ravi Theja on right side
Just wanted to add that though Blue Moon has better toilets and ambience, the idlies servied in Reliance A1 plaza are fat tastier and cheaper too. There's plenty of parking space there too.

And I'm surprised to hear that M Food Court is not operational. We had a pitstop there in July and found the restrooms far better than even Blue Moon. It was serving food, but we had only used the restrooms.
Old 13th September 2016, 22:52   #1367
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Just wanted to add that though Blue Moon has better toilets and ambience, the idlies servied in Reliance A1 plaza are fat tastier and cheaper too. There's plenty of parking space there too.
This was my first time on that route, so when we saw Blue Moon after 258Km, we simply stopped there. The food was nothing to write home about, but did not upset our stomachs, the sambar was Red in colour and very spicy so went easy on that one!
Only after we drove out of the place did we notice A1, etc so it was too late.

Quote:
And I'm surprised to hear that M Food Court is not operational.
This place was on the left when we were driving from Hyderabad to Bangalore. We did not stop here but the place seemed to be deserted and there were even no signboards/branding/name boards of any sort for any restaurant, hence assumed it is yet to become operational.
Old 14th September 2016, 19:23   #1368
BHPian

Folks,

Riding from Bangalore to a destination up north, how does one bypass Hyderabad as the Outer ring road is out of bounds for motorcycles. Need the quickest possible route to bypass Hyderabad and be on the main highway towards Adilabad

TIA
Old 15th September 2016, 08:17   #1369

Hi
Will start from Bangalore around 630pm. Since I have kids with me, in case we want to break for the night, is there any recommendations for the same.
Old 15th September 2016, 09:22   #1370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by furhan View Post
Hi
Will start from Bangalore around 630pm. Since I have kids with me, in case we want to break for the night, is there any recommendations for the same.
I would not bother with staying overnight. Start at 4.30am and drive up, breakfast before Kurnool. The road is really good. You can reach by 11 am

Last edited by ajmat : 15th September 2016 at 09:30.
Old 15th September 2016, 09:31   #1371
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furhan View Post
As @ajmat has mentioned, avoid the night time drive if possible, especially since you're traveling with a child. Facilities on this route, on the highway itself are not too many and traffic is lot less between Bangalore and Jadcherla from where it usually picks up as you near Shamshabad/Hyderabad.

I traveled recently and with a 4:30am start, was at Shamshabad-Nehru ORR by 12pm and since my destination was in Secunderabad, took the ORR and reached there (about 80Km from the ORR entry) by 1:30pm. Though longer, it made a lot of sense to bypass Hyderabad (parts of the main route through the city have Metro construction work in progress and could be messy).

Take the ORR if you're heading towards Secunderabad.

Some decent options for stops are near Kasepalli/Gooty where you have Blue Moon, A1 (inside Reliance campus) both on the left side and Ravi Theja on right side. Further up, on left you have Food Pyramid and then Hill Top & CCD on the right at Balanagar.

Last edited by NPV : 15th September 2016 at 09:35.
Old 15th September 2016, 10:35   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
how does one bypass Hyderabad as the Outer ring road is out of bounds for motorcycles. Need the quickest possible route to bypass Hyderabad
Even the PVNR EXpressway is out of bounds for a 2 wheeler like ORR is.

Going through the city will be the fastest and easiest as long as you do not cross it during peak hours, that is, between 6pm and 9pm.

Different stretches of the city have different traffic jam timings due to peak hour traffic but you are good to go as long as you enter the city at Shamshabad latest by 4:00pm else do so only after 9:30pm.

https://goo.gl/maps/P64M71uoKaG2
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 12:21   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Riding from Bangalore to a destination up north, how does one bypass Hyderabad as the Outer ring road is out of bounds for motorcycles. Need the quickest possible route to bypass Hyderabad and be on the main highway towards Adilabad

TIA
Depends on the time when you hit the city traffic.
This can be a suitable for 2W, in semi-peak hours. The only major bottle neck would be around Uppal area, otherwise it would be flowing traffic for 2W.
https://goo.gl/maps/4qmhN5wLsg22
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 17:19   #1374
BHPian

Folks in Hyderabad,

Heard that there has been flooding on the national highway also because of heavy rains. Can someone update pls. Are parts of the city also flooded?

Stay safe
Old 23rd September 2016, 17:26   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Folks in Hyderabad,

Heard that there has been flooding on the national highway also because of heavy rains. Can someone update pls. Are parts of the city also flooded?

Stay safe
Which national highway? Hyderabad has 4 NH originating or crossing the city. And all are ok. Can you share the link if the article if you read it somewhere.

So is the city. The topography of the city is such that water does clear up sooner rather than later. As of now, except a few encroachments in nallahs and within FTL of lakes, all is ok.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 11:32   #1376
BHPian

A Nanologue - Hyderabad to Bangalore and back in a Tata Nano with a toddler onboard!

After having worked continuously for some time, I was looking for a break and I took that last weekend as I had to travel to Bangalore for an urgent work. As it was a last minute travel, I didn’t have the time for booking a train / bus and also for the fact that I have an active toddler who wouldn’t sit in a bus / train, I decided to drive down to Bangalore in my Nano.

I started at 9 am AS Rao nagar where I stay, spent about 15-20 minutes at the fuel station filling up gas and nitrogen. Left that place about 9:40 am and took the Keesara route to get on to the Outer ring road and then took exit 15 to get on to the Bangalore highway after the airport. It started drizzling heavily and I did get slower and did a sedate speed of 70 kmph almost all the time it was raining. It actually rained almost all the way in patches till we reached closer to Bangalore. Stopped after crossing Jadcharla for tea for ten minutes. Started again and refuelled before reaching Kurnool owing to the 15 litre fuel tank in the Nano. Reached Kurnool at about 1:45 pm and had lunch at Hotel Suraj Grand where the Blr-Hyd Team BHP meet happened on 11th Sep. Started again from Kurnool by 2:25 pm and then we reached Anantapur by 4:45 pm. My wife and I had the nice Nannari sarbat while our little one had a boost!

Started from Anantapur by 5:15 pm and throughout the way, the weather was either overcast or drizzling to raining heavily. There were even stretches where the water was flowing from the centre of the road to the left and I did see a Swift which had fallen off the road. I did stop a couple of times to click some pictures which are below. Did my second refuel before crossing Karnataka border.Crossed Bangalore airport and the last toll by 7:30 pm IST and eventually reached HSR layout at 9:15 pm making it a little over 12 hour drive with 1:45 hours of break.

Sunday went with work at home. And we were ready to come back on Monday morning.

While coming back, started at 11 am from HSR layout in Bangalore, and stopped at A2B to have a hot filter coffee and to pack some snacks for about 15 minutes. Started from there at 1 pm and stopped for refueling at a pump in Karnataka itself. Crossed Anantapur by 3:45 pm and stopped for lunch just after Anantapur at a small dhaba. Started from there by 4:30 and refueled just before entering Kurnool. Stopped in Kurnool for a serbet for ten minutes. Stopped on the way for a tea at about 7:30 for ten minutes.

Thought of having dinner at home, however it was 9:30 by the time we came near ORR, and as it was a Sunday night, decided to come through the city to come home instead of ORR. Had dinner at the Bawarchi in Shamshabad. Started by 10:20 and reached home by 11:25 pm. The return journey was 12:30 hours with 1:50 hours of break. The long travel times of 12:15 and 12:30 hours is slow by normal standards but considering it was a Nano with a kid on board and with rain in patches while going and two meal stops while coming back make it overall a decent trip if you ask me.

One observation I have noted is that the roads are well maintained in Telangana and Karnataka however the roads in Andhra Pradesh though in decent condition could improve a little. Another issue are the sudden speed breakers that you get at the junctions on the highway at the junctions once you are about to enter Bangalore.

Total Passengers - 3 (me, my wife and my little one)
Average speed maintained – 70-80 kmph
AC – ON all the time
Total fuel – 62.33 litres
Total Distance – 1281 km
Average Fuel Efficiency – 20.98 kmpl
Total Toll – 1358

Average speed while going - 658 kms / 12:15 hrs - 53.7 kmph
Average speed while returning - 623 kms / 12:30 hrs - 49.84 kmph

Some pictures below from the trip. First three are on the way to Bangalore and the last one is on the way back.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_0222.jpg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_0230.jpg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_0235.jpg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_0345.jpg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_0234.jpg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_0223.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th September 2016 at 12:41. Reason: Spacing and formatting.
bhaskar.guru is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 12:43   #1377
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Nanologue - Hyderabad to Bangalore and back in a Tata Nano with a toddler onboard!

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 21:38   #1378
BHPian

Re: A Nanologue - Hyderabad to Bangalore and back in a Tata Nano with a toddler onboard!

Awesome!. Happy to read so many folks taking Nano for long drives (in this case, really really long ). How did the car perform?

I too have a 2014 Nano Twist XT, have taken multiple long drives for ~400km. The mileage i get is usually upwards of 23kmpl at these speeds. Not sure why the mileage was a little low. And BTW how did you keep the toddler occupied?
knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 22:06   #1379
Distinguished - BHPian

Please don't park the car on the left lane especially on these fast moving highways(3rd/5th pic looks dangerous) . That too, stopping just to click pics is not a good idea. Find a place where there is no railing and you can go off the road to park.
arun_josie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 22:53   #1380
BANNED

Looks like the weather was great and has helped you to enjoy the really long drive of yours in Nano. I have the same color and model Nano with me. The longest that I had taken my car is about 340Kms to Srikalahasti one way. Though I enjoyed driving it all through, was a bit skeptical in taking her over 85KMPH because of its puny tires and vague steering.
RAPTOR-XUV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks