Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2016, 10:59   #1396
Senior - BHPian

No issues you will get the reminder within a week.
Previously Fastag was extremely quick within 2 kms you cross the toll the alerts were there in the mobile. Am getting my 10 per cent reversal.
Old 14th December 2016, 08:45   #1397
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Devanahalli - Rs.80
Bagepalli - Rs.80
Marur - Rs.95
Kasepalli - Rs.90
Amkathadu - Rs. 95
Pullur - Rs.95
Kothakota - Rs.56
Raikal (Jadcherla) - Rs.58
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
No issues at all except the Raikal toll plaza all other tolls have separate lane for Fast tag.
The tolls at 2 booths have been revised and rounded off to multiples of Rs. 5/-
Raikal has been increased from 58/- to 60/-
Sakarpur (Kothakota) has been revised from 56/- to 55/-

FasTag was a mixed bag on my return trip.
Hoskote guys let me through free as their equipment was not functional.
Devanahalli aka the toll near BIAL on NH44 said they do not have a scanner, either automatic or manual, and they noted down the tag serial number manually.
Marur guys insisted that I pay either in cash or by card. They claimed that FasTag is working only in Hyderabad-Bangalore direction. And, if I insist on paying through FasTag, I need to take a U-Turn and pay in the other direction, do towards Bangalore and take another U-Turn at the next gap in divider and come back and he will allow me to go since he would recognize me.
Old 14th December 2016, 08:59   #1398
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The tolls at 2 booths have been revised and rounded off to multiples of Rs. 5/-
Raikal has been increased from 58/- to 60/-
Sakarpur (Kothakota) has been revised from 56/- to 55/-
Good move, thanks for the update Saves time for people paying cash.

Quote:
FasTag was a mixed bag on my return trip.
And, if I insist on paying through FasTag, I need to take a U-Turn and pay in the other direction, do towards Bangalore and take another U-Turn at the next gap in divider and come back and he will allow me to go since he would recognize me.
Most absurd thing I've heard!
This should be reported to NHAI.
Old 14th December 2016, 10:14   #1399
BHPian

Do the toll booths on this route accept Paytm ? I am yet to get the FASTAG so was relying on Paytm for the time being. (it works fine on the Hyd ORR and pretty quick)
Old 14th December 2016, 11:26   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Do the toll booths on this route accept Paytm ? I am yet to get the FASTAG so was relying on Paytm for the time being. (it works fine on the Hyd ORR and pretty quick)
Not sure about PayTM, actually NHAI tied up with Mobikwik for toll payments. Unclear about rollout plan yet - http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle9386731.ece

Edit - South is not yet operational with that plan I guess. They plan to do it by end of year apparently. http://www.business-standard.com/art...0200840_1.html
Since it is a private player enabling it, hopefully it will get on soon.

Last edited by sriturl : 14th December 2016 at 11:29.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 12:05   #1401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
And, if I insist on paying through FasTag, I need to take a U-Turn and pay in the other direction, do towards Bangalore and take another U-Turn at the next gap in divider and come back and he will allow me to go since he would recognize me.
Wow, how innovative of them.

As we discussed during last TBHP meet at Kurnool, none of the booths were accepting Fastag. Including the BIAL one on NH, I had raised a complaint in both PG Gov portal and IHMCL.

This was sometime in Sep start. The PG portal complaint, though had mention of all toll booths on Bangalore - Hyderabad route was somehow forwarded to KA region NH incharge. Later the complaint got closed with a reply from BIAL toll incharge saying they have checked and verfied that Fastags are working for their toll (Which from your comments and those of others seems to be true)

The IHMCL complaint went without any reply till 01 Dec when I got a mail from them asking for clarification. I have replied them with details requested by them, yet to get any response to the same.

Below is reply I got from PG Portal complaint -

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_20161214_120723.jpg

Last edited by mpksuhas : 14th December 2016 at 12:13.
Old 19th December 2016, 15:25   #1402
BHPian

Hello folks,

Planning a trip to Hyderabad from Bangalore on 26th. My destination is Greenpark. Hoping to start by 4:30 AM which means I should be at A1 Plaza for breakfast and reach my destination for lunch.

Please advice on the best route to take after I reach Hyd city limits.

Thanks
Cheers
rahulb22
Old 19th December 2016, 15:28   #1403
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post
Hello folks,

Planning a trip to Hyderabad from Bangalore on 26th. My destination is Greenpark. Hoping to start by 4:30 AM which means I should be at A1 Plaza for breakfast and reach my destination for lunch.

Thanks
Cheers
rahulb22
Google Maps will show you the best route via the P.V. Narasimha Rao Elevated Expressway.
Take that.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 17:07   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post
Planning a trip to Hyderabad from Bangalore on 26th. My destination is Greenpark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Google Maps will show you the best route via the P.V. Narasimha Rao Elevated Expressway.
Take that.
Shamshabad Airport - Straight on NH44 - Aramghar - take PVNR Expressway - Masab Tank - Take Masab Tank Flyover - Lakdi Ka Pul - Khairatabad - Turn Right at Khairatabad Junction Signal - Raj Bhawan Road - Turn Right at Somajiguda Circle Signal - TS CM's Camp Office - Keep Left on Service Road (Do not take Flyover) - Turn Left at Greenland Junction Signal - Hotel Green Park will be on the Right (you might need to go upto Dharam Karam Road Signal and take a U Turn).
hyd_traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 14:56   #1405
BHPian

Hi All

Planning a trip to Hyderabad with wifey and kiddo; though I have gone thru the forum to understand the routes et al. But still need some more details and clarity on the following:

- Leaving BLR on the 24th early morning by 4. Best place to stop over to stretch and have a breakfast etc. The desirable things remain the way are, clean restrooms, parking space etc

- Any places to visit specifically; we have planned Ramoji, The Zoo, Science centre and planetarium etc, if something else can be suggested as well. We are staying in Hyderabad for 2 days around Hitech city, and accordingly the itinerary is or will be planned like that.

- Anything to be careful about like interceptors, speed limits etc. Any recommended fuel bunks

- Importantly any idea if the e-wallets like Mobikwik and/or Paytm are accepted; I do not have FasTag, any ideas from where can I install it.
NPV, hyd_traveller, bblost, ranjitp1 or frequent Hyderabad travellers, request your inputs.

Thanks
Rishi
Old 20th December 2016, 15:34   #1406
BHPian

All options for food alone - kamath about couple of hours in the journey, then blue moon or kurnool for lunch depending upon time taken and breaks, snacks at food pyramid about 120 kms before Hyderabad. Have a look at the Kurnool meet thread, you possibly will find GPS coordinates too. All the places have clean restrooms and parking space

Interceptors generally reported after Devenahalli and nearing Ananthpur though I didn't find any last week when I travelled back.

Plenty of fuel bunks on both the sides though I don't have any recommended ones

Paytm and cards accepted at the tollls.

For ramoji film city would suggest an entire day.
KD007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 15:52   #1407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish27 View Post

- Leaving BLR on the 24th early morning by 4. Best place to stop over to stretch and have a breakfast etc. The desirable things remain the way are, clean restrooms, parking space etc
I don't know about the Bangalore side but here (Hyderabad) we have fog in the morning.
At 4 AM the visibility will be quite poor.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 16:33   #1408
BHPian

Agree with Bblost, starting early in the morning at 4, you encounter lot of fog here in hyd, should be the same there in bang too, so drive safely. When it comes to food, if you are starting that early you can reach hyd by lunch time & have amazing hyderabadi biryani. If you are adventure freak you can try wonderla which is opened in Hyd too.
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 16:53   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I don't know about the Bangalore side but here (Hyderabad) we have fog in the morning.
At 4 AM the visibility will be quite poor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks bblost - Bangalore encountered dense fog for the first time this season today morning around 4. I am keeping that in mind, and might change my departure time basis the fog.

Thanks
Rishi
Old 20th December 2016, 18:04   #1410
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am keeping that in mind, and might change my departure time basis the fog.
Hope you've seen the earlier posts on your options for breaks/food.
I think near Gooty is your best bet for breakfast - Blue Moon, then A1 plaza both on left and Ravi Theja on right. Blue Moon was quite new and food was decent (I traveled in August).

Further up towards Hyderbad you have Food Pyramid. Details in earlier posts like these:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4050014 (Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4102988

Quote:
I do not have FasTag, any ideas from where can I install it.
There is a very active and dedicated thread for this - here (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Last edited by NPV : 20th December 2016 at 18:08.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks