Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:02   #1426
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Hi All:

Request your advice on a trip I (it's just me as of now, yours truly) intend to embark upon late April- it's from Trivandrum to Bhopal, and I plan to drive via Bangalore- Hyderabad- Nagpur- Bhopal.

Would you advise that I do an early AM drive or a night drive to Hyderabad? I also plan to do pit-stops at all these cities to ensure I'm refreshed. Many thanks in advance !
Old 22nd March 2017, 19:33   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Hi All:
Would you advise that I do an early AM drive or a night drive to Hyderabad? I also plan to do pit-stops at all these cities to ensure I'm refreshed. Many thanks in advance !
It depends on where you are planning to refresh in Hyderabad and whether you plan to stay the night here. Like all other Indian cities, Hyderabad too is blessed with chock-a-bloc traffic twice a day during the office rush hours. While you will comfortably cruise all the way till the end of the Hyderabad ORR, your final destination inside the city may wear you down after the 500 odd KM drive.

If you are planning a stay near areas like Gachibowli etc, then I suggest an early morning start. You will reach Hyderabad during lunch time and you wont face much traffic as well. This will also help you get onto the ORR faster for your further journey to Nagpur.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 21:18   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Hi All:

I plan to drive via Bangalore- Hyderabad- Nagpur- Bhopal.

Are you planning for pitstops in Bangy, Hyderabad and Nagpur, all 3 places?

About timing your drive, few pointers:
1. Late April will be quite hot in the day time, all throughout the bangy-hyderabad stretch.
2. Traffic in between kurnool-hyderabad is considerably higher during the morning and evening peak hours, consists of mainly 2-wheelers commuting between the neighboring towns/villages. Also, this stretch sees more traffic compared to the kurnool-anantapur stretch.
3. Driving in between Hyd-Bangy at night is very peaceful, if you are used to night driving. I prefer a night drive.
4. If you are planning for a pit stop in Hyderabad, there are quite a few hotels now near the airport, just before you enter the city. Accessing ORR from these hotels will not be a problem at any time of day or night.

You can decide your timings as per your plan.
9tMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 22:16   #1429
BHPian

Moving to Bangalore and I shall be driving down this Sunday in my Nano! Last time with my wife and toddler, it took me about 11 hours in September.

Going alone this time and plan to start early by about 5/6 in the morning. Starting from AS Rao Nagar and thinking of avoiding the extra 50 kms by going through Sec'bad, Mehdipatnam taking the PVNR Expressway.

Depending on when I start, plan to stop for Breakfast should be @ Suraj Grand in Kurnool and next break at Ananthapur to have my fav Nannari sarbat. Not sure about lunch but would you guys be able to give me suggestions for that?

Have the tolls been changed by any chance since Demonetization or are they the same?
Old 29th March 2017, 05:42   #1430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Not sure about lunch but would you guys be able to give me suggestions for that?
You can target Nandi Upachar, Devanahalli. This comes on the right side at a junction in Devanahalli.
Old 29th March 2017, 08:00   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
You can target Nandi Upachar, Devanahalli. This comes on the right side at a junction in Devanahalli.
Skip Nandi Upchar and stop at India Paratha Company (or some name like this) for delicious North Indian paratha combo meals and lassi, which will be on the right side after another 200 metres. You will need to use the right side service road from Nandi Upchar junction itself.
Old 30th March 2017, 10:47   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post

Have the tolls been changed by any chance since Demonetization or are they the same?
May not be due to DeMo, but regular new FY revision I guess would be kicking off from April 1. Most probably would apply to this sector as well.
Old 31st March 2017, 14:36   #1433
BHPian

Planning Hyd to Marathahalli on a basic bike (my skin) + nokia here we go free map app.

Zero road or any language knowledge except English.

In Hyd hardly been outside of a 1 km radius, saw lake yesterday 1st time while going to KCG.

One person only, this weekend, plan leaving 5.30 am.
Bike is MH and also wish I get point of entry date token at KA.

Am I being too much.
Old 4th April 2017, 18:11   #1434
BHPian

We completed a Bangalore - Hyderabad on short notice on Sunday. We left Gottigere around 2:45 PM, crossed the airport by 4:30. We reached Bowenpally by about 12:30AM, with breaks at Kamat (tea/juice), Bluemoon (buttermilk), Kurnool (dinner) and Pyramid (toilet/leg stretches).

The traffic was a little more higher than normal, especially in the Kurnool - Hyderabad stretch.

We are leaving on the return trip tomorrow early morning.
Old 4th April 2017, 19:30   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
We are leaving on the return trip tomorrow early morning.
Any change in toll after April 1 ? Will help with fastag recharge appropriately
Old 4th April 2017, 20:10   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Any change in toll after April 1 ? Will help with fastag recharge appropriately
Considering my last trip was in Nov/Dec, I am not sure of the increase (if any). I did not track the total toll amounts.

I felt that the tolls have been rounded up in most places. Most of them seemed to be Rs. 100.
Old 4th April 2017, 21:25   #1437
BHPian

They've increased by 5 rs from April 1st
Old 4th April 2017, 21:43   #1438
BHPian

I unearthed the receipts from the car. Please find the list of tolls paid below:

Devanahalli 80 (this may have increased. I cannot find the toll receipt)
Bagepalli: Rs. 85
Marur: Rs. 100
Kasepalli: Rs. 90
Amthakadu: Rs. 100
Pullur: Rs. 100

Approximately Rs. 555
Old 4th April 2017, 23:30   #1439
BHPian

Devanahalli is also 85.
Old 16th April 2017, 07:41   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Had a weekend drive to Banglore and back.
Road conditions are good.
From Kurnool to Gooty some bridge intersections are uneven. At speeds need to control the vehicle at times. The car flew over with a thud and wipers going on and rear view mirror had be readjusted.
Fast tags after Kurnool to Bagepalli need to wait for crossing over of vehicles beyond the collection counter. Had a bad experience behind the lorry guy who's tag was not working and was waiting for my clearance for 15mins close to Kurnool toll.

Last edited by gajadonga : 16th April 2017 at 07:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks