Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 15:53   #121

Hyderabad to Bangalore

Hi folks!
I am travelling to Ooty via Bangalore , Mysore can any one tell me has the 4 laning work completed on Nh7? I had travelled to Horseley hills last october the Nh7 was in a horrible condition. I am travelling in my Corolla along with my family possibly at night. Please advice.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:43   #122
Senior - BHPian

habeebsami01, we have a thread with all the latest updates at:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...onditions.html

Mods, please do the needful.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:10   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
you would need to start from Bangy no later than 3 AM. Avoid overnight halt since there is nothing decent to stay at on this route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I second this.I did this stretch on my M800 a couple of weeks back and left Devanahalli CCD at 0500 and I was at Shamshabad Airport flyover at 1400 with 1 fuel stop @ Anantpur.Absolutely no stay or eat options on the way.There is one Ghar Dhaba before you enter Gooty town,but nothing great,except for some clean rest rooms(in case you are lucky to reach there after they have cleaned it:P)else pack sandwiches or eat stuff from home or from the Coffe Day before BLR airport flyover.Its a 24hr outlet.Shamshabad Airport to Jubilee hills should take you another 45mins-1hour dependng on traffic conditions.Take the outer ring road to the left before airport to Gachibowli-left at end of ring road-uturn after 100mts-left at junction-kondapur signal-right-shilparamam-hitec city-and then onwards to Hitec City and Jubilee hills.this would be an easier route as you would avoid city traffic and the mess at Mehdipatnam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
I did this stretch a month back, starting from Bangalore by 6:45AM Koramangala, and was at Hyderabad international airport by 2:15 PM. If you start by 3:00 AM you will cross Chickabellapur/Penukonda before dawn. That is a plus as you can avoid local traffic.

There is one Ghar dhaba in Chickaballapur. But they open only at 6:00 AM I suppose.

You can do this stretch easily in 8 hours.

Nainar
Friends,
Thanks for your advise. I am planning to start at 3 AM as you all advised. Just a concern that - will the headlight of M800 is powerful enough to drive on Highway early morning......
Till now, I always start at 6AM whenever I travel out of town but this time I need to reach hyd early, hence start early....I think thats the correct option.

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 24th September 2009 at 20:27.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:22   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Since this thread is discussing about the Hyd-Blr NH-7, let me put my query here.
I'll be starting for Coorg this saturday and plan to take a night halt at bangalore. Can I get a hotel on NH 7 at the outskirts of Blr? I don't want to get deep inside Blr, so that early next morning I can start for Mysore and Coorg. Or otherwise is there anything on the Blr- Mysore road after going out of Blr?
Bangy BHPians please help. It's urgent, because I have to decide the timings accordingly. Getting acco in mysore may be a difficult because of the dussera.
There are quite a few hotels on the outer ring road ( IVY , country club etc ) . From here you can take the NICE road to Mysore , fast and easy . Check with Auto guys they will help you with route .
hebbal >> KR Puram >>> Marathalli >>> silk board ( take left here) >>> NICE road >> Mysore road.

IVY hotel is near Marathalli , check on google , good decent place .
Old 24th September 2009, 20:29   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Friends,
Thanks for your advise. I am planning to start at 3 AM as you all advised. Just a concern that - will the headlight of M800 is powerful enough to drive on Highway early morning......
Till now, I always start at 6AM whenever I travel out of town but this time I need to reach hyd early, hence start early....I think thats the correct option.
No worries.more than enough.I have driven thru half the country in a M800 with 3am starts.Have a safe trip and drive safe.
Old 25th September 2009, 16:23   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Friends,
Almost till the time your reach chikballapur, it is divided high way, so should be fine. oyu will also avoid most of the incoming bus traffic, watch out for some buses at 2 lane stretches. before day break.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:16   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
No worries.more than enough.I have driven thru half the country in a M800 with 3am starts.Have a safe trip and drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Almost till the time your reach chikballapur, it is divided high way, so should be fine. oyu will also avoid most of the incoming bus traffic, watch out for some buses at 2 lane stretches. before day break.
Thanks Ranjitpi1 & Sriturl. Well, I am now full set for morning 3 AM start. Hope I will be able to cover good distance safely.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:40   #128
BHPian

I have to do a late start at 12 noon from richmond road (BLR) with my 2 kids and wife from their school.
What is the driving options to avoid traffic inside city,
where are the speed guns located on airport road?
good food / toilet options enroute?
I hate night driving. Can I reach jadcherla before dark as the 4 lane starts from there and night driving on a 4 lane should be easier with not much direct oncoming traffic?
Does the road pass through Gooty bus stand? I can pack off my driver from there and drive solo to Hyd or will have to drop him off at Chickballapur
Will have to switch off my mobile if I am to drive.
Best regards
Bala
Old 28th September 2009, 23:46   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
I have to do a late start at 12 noon from richmond road (BLR) with my 2 kids and wife from their school.
What is the driving options to avoid traffic inside city,
where are the speed guns located on airport road?
good food / toilet options enroute?
I hate night driving. Can I reach jadcherla before dark as the 4 lane starts from there and night driving on a 4 lane should be easier with not much direct oncoming traffic?
Does the road pass through Gooty bus stand? I can pack off my driver from there and drive solo to Hyd or will have to drop him off at Chickballapur
Will have to switch off my mobile if I am to drive.
Best regards
Bala
Hardly any food or restroom options enroute.1 Ghar Dhaba after chickballapur,its closed most of the time.Then theres one before Gooty and after that theres one after kurnool town.cleanliness is suspect at all these places and so is the food.i generally pack up ccd sandwiches/fruits and tht lasts all the way till hyd.

Departure @ 12 from Blr,there is no way you would reach Jadcherla by 4pm.A 12 noon departure from Richmond road would take you atleast an hour to reach Yelanka.You could take the ring road from KR Puram and connect to Hebbal flyover and onwards to Yelahanka.Old Airport Road-Domlur-Flyover-Manipal Hospital-Old Airport-Marthahalli-Left onto ring road and onwards to Hebbal/.

From Yelahanka 5 hours to cross Kurnool and a further 2hours to cross jadcherla,so you would have to do a fair bit of night driving,your eta at hyd should be around 10 in the night or maybe 11 considering that the transition from dusk to night always takes away some speed.Also depending on where you have to go in Hyd,you could opt for the outer ring road to your left just before hyd airport,it takes you straight to gachibowli,thereby avoiding city traffic.

Yes the highway passes through Gooty Town and the bus stand is somewhere enroute.

Just a word of caution,the 4 laning is still incomplete on certain stretches so please keep your eyes open for oncoming traffic after Jadcherla as well.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:49   #130
BHPian

I totally second ranjitp1. Just did Hyd - Blr 2 days back. You need to keep your eyes open as the 4 lane is not complete at most of the place. Also please note that only Ghar Dhaba open is the one after Kurnool. So better to pack your food.
We started from B'lore at 3 AM in my M800 and reached Gachibowli at 12:30PM.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:38   #131
Senior - BHPian

I did this stretch yesterday night.I was driving from Salem so after Hosur took the Attibele White field Budigere Devanahalli route bypassed Banglore.Started from Chikaballapur around 8pm till Penukonda it si a good drive after that it was continiously raining till I reached Hyderabad.Till Ananthapur the road is ok.After Ananthpur the road is ok in patches.From Kurnool the road is four lane.Plan a 9-10 hour drive it would be comfortable
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:54   #132
BHPian

I was planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad tomorrow morning. Any update on the road condition at Kurnool & Mahbubnagar? Is it completely damaged or just water logged ? Heard the govt bus services have been stopped including few private transports.
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:02   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
I was planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad tomorrow morning. Any update on the road condition at Kurnool & Mahbubnagar? Is it completely damaged or just water logged ? Heard the govt bus services have been stopped including few private transports.
The NH-7 is still under 8 feet of water at Beechupally. There is a heavy traffic jam for more than 50 kilometers. It would take at least than three days to come to normal if rain gods show mercy. We do not even the road condition now at the flood point. Most probably it might have been eroded.
Old 3rd October 2009, 06:12   #134
BHPian

Thanks for the update Ravi.
Travelling by road & rail does not seem to be best option for next few days. Hopefully it stops raining and water receeds soon. there is no alternate route either as most places in Kurnool seems to be under water due to increased backwater area from Srisailam dam.
Old 3rd October 2009, 15:52   #135
Team-BHP Support

Any updates? My cousin drove down and was to leave tomorrow. He has postponed due to this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks