Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:25   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm driving down to Bangalore from Hyderabad this Sunday. Intend to leave latest by 4 am. Is it possible to do the stretch in 8 hours till Devnahalli?
easily.shamshabad to devanahalli is easily doable in 8-9hours,dont do a very early morning start as fog might hinder your speeds,a 6am dep from devanahalli would enable you to reach D'Halli by 1400-1500
Old 23rd January 2010, 09:37   #212
BHPian

Hi All,

I'll be driving from Bhopal to Bangalore via Nagpur/Hyderabad, leaving on Monday. Should I plan an alternate route because of Telangana issues and possible bandhs ? I've already done this route twice so quite familiar with the roads.

thanks,

abhi
Old 23rd January 2010, 13:47   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post
Hi All,

I'll be driving from Bhopal to Bangalore via Nagpur/Hyderabad, leaving on Monday. Should I plan an alternate route because of Telangana issues and possible bandhs ? I've already done this route twice so quite familiar with the roads.

thanks,

abhi
Hi Abhi,

As of now there are no " Bandh's/ Rasta Roko's " declared for next one week. So go a head with your plan.

Wish you a happy and safe journey.

Regards,

Vikram.
Old 23rd January 2010, 14:57   #214
Senior - BHPian

I just came from Kajuraho to Trivandrum via Katni, Jabalpur, Seoni, Nagpur, Adilabad, Nirmal (heart of Telangana) to Hyderabad and then to Bangalore via Anantapur. Roads are great, no disruptions, and fast travel. Keep track of teh news though for any sudden bandhs, etc. Petrol pumps get closed and getting fuel becomes a problem in such situations.
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:52   #215
BHPian

HVK sir.
Nice to know that roads are good in that stretch. A trip to Hyderabad is on the cards in April or may, will use that route, will consult you for finer details once it is finalized.

Sad to know about that police episode with you in MP, though it may not be a new thing for you in such a long driving career. But, such people need to be taken to the task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I just came from Kajuraho to Trivandrum via Katni, Jabalpur, Seoni, Nagpur, Adilabad, Nirmal (heart of Telangana) to Hyderabad and then to Bangalore via Anantapur. Roads are great, no disruptions, and fast travel. Keep track of teh news though for any sudden bandhs, etc. Petrol pumps get closed and getting fuel becomes a problem in such situations.

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 23rd January 2010 at 17:57.
Old 26th January 2010, 08:28   #216
Senior - BHPian

Update as on 24th January

I traveled the stretch on Sunday - 24th Jan. Started out from my home at Punjagutta at 6.35 am and crossed Shamshabad Airport at 7 am. I was at Kurnool at 9.15 am with one small bio-break. Since I was running in the car, was doing about 100kmph with may be once or twice burst to 120. Left Kurnool at 9.45 am (was getting a nut tightened at M&M ASC) and was at Ananthapur at 12.30 PM ( with one fuelling /tea break ). The road is bad with construction going on. Finally was at Devnahalli at 3.30 pm and in Indira nagar at 4.40 PM ( with total 3 5 minute each break).
Old 30th January 2010, 13:32   #217
Senior - BHPian

Left MIleCruncher's house at Hyderabad/Panjagutta on Jan 22, here are details of my drive (cumulative distances):
Hydereabad-Panjagutta, 255 am
Shamsabad Airpoort, via PVN Expressway, 27 kms, 319 am
Kurnool, 222 kms, 518 am (mixed up roads, lost 12 kms and 15 minutes here)
Ananthapur, 379 kms, 736 am
Chickballapur, 538 kms, 937 am
Devanahalli (before Bangalaore Airport), 559 kms, 951 am

This meant I covered the 559 kms from Hyderabad to Devanahalli in 7 hours.

From Devanahalli, I took the road via Hoskote, Whitefield and Varthur to Athibele to continue my journey to Trivandrum.

The road conditions are as have been described already by others. I wish they had put clear signages in the messy level crossing overbridge constriction site, I missed the turn and went off into Kurnool town. Wonder when the Gooty town bypass will be completed.
Old 30th January 2010, 15:01   #218
Senior - BHPian

hvkumar sir after Devanahalli did you go to Hoskote or did you take the Budigere -White field-Sarjapur -Atibelle-Hosur route.I have travelled this route couple of times and crossing Banglore has become easy now.
Old 30th January 2010, 15:33   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
hvkumar sir after Devanahalli did you go to Hoskote or did you take the Budigere -White field-Sarjapur -Atibelle-Hosur route.I have travelled this route couple of times and crossing Banglore has become easy now.
Devanahalli-Hoskote-Whitefield-Varthur-Sarjapura-Attibele.

Just posted the details of the route taken in the following thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1707306-post39.html

It was a great route, easy to understand, can only get better once the overpasses are complete on NH4 and at Whitefield level crossing, but I was delayed by some traffic jams at Varthur Lake. Overall, to cover the 70 kms from Devanahalli to Attibele, I took 2 hours, in the afternoon.
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:13   #220
BHPian

Anyone doing this stretch this weekend?

I am looking for company.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:53   #221
Senior - BHPian

Will most probably be doing the hyd-blr stretch on 2nd april. Any new updates will be welcome.
Old 11th March 2010, 18:34   #222
Senior - BHPian

Am doing the Hyd-Blr stretch tmrw morning,ETD Secbad around 4am.Anybody driving this stretch tmrw?
Old 13th March 2010, 23:59   #223
Senior - BHPian

Roads are in excellent conditions.Hyd(Sainikpuri) 0340-Lakdi ka Pul-Mehdipatnam-Shamshabad 0420-Kurnool 0630-Anantpur-Bangalore(Hebbal) 1215.Total Toll of approx INR 220.

GMR has done a fantastic job of doing the Hyd-Kurnool stretch,did Sainikpuri-Blore(Hebbal) in approx 8.5hrs in my M800 with a breakfast stop of approx 20mins(did this at one of the level crossing when the gates were shut).Expect to lose time in between Kurnool & Anantpur as this is the only stretch undergoing road widening between Hyd & Blr.

GHAR Dhabas are in pathetic conditions wrt wash room facilities,wonder when GMR would come up with opening something similar to Reliance A1s on the highways they maintain

Continuing onwards to Guruvayur now.
Old 20th March 2010, 12:47   #224
Senior - BHPian

Ranjit,

Thanks for the update. I am planning to start by 4a.m on 2nd april morning. So going by your estimates, might be there in blr by 1 p.m in afternoon.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:41   #225
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Any pointers on where to halt enroute to bangalore from hyderabad for breakfast/food and refuelling. I would like to refuel before entering Karnataka as supposedly fuel is costly in Karnataka.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks