Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 19:42   #301
BHPian

Guys,

Back today from Bangalore. It's really become an awesome stretch of National Highway connectivity between two major Metropolitans. Compared to my trip last year same time around, this highway has been maintained with great care, barring just you need to go through two railway crossings, one just before you closing in on Anantapur bye-pass and another one as you go through Gooty town and a few diversions, which have been clearly highlighted. I am sure these two stretches would be linked to the four-lane real quick.

Started from Hebbal(0km) with Full tank of Diesel at 8:00am and reached end of P.V.N Flyover at Masab Tank(550kms) at 3:00 pm including a bio break and snack break of 30 minutes.

Thank you NHAI :-).
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:09   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpydave View Post
Back today from Bangalore. It's really become an awesome stretch of National Highway connectivity between two major Metropolitans. Compared to my trip last year same time around, this highway has been maintained with great care, barring just you need to go through two railway crossings, one just before you closing in on Anantapur bye-pass and another one as you go through Gooty town and a few diversions, which have been clearly highlighted. I am sure these two stretches would be linked to the four-lane real quick.

Started from Hebbal(0km) with Full tank of Diesel at 8:00am and reached end of P.V.N Flyover at Masab Tank(550kms) at 3:00 pm including a bio break and snack break of 30 minutes.

Thank you NHAI :-).
scorpydave - thanks for sharing the good news. Seven hours with breaks is pretty good timing and is indicative of the excellent condition of the route as well.
Old 5th September 2010, 13:43   #303
Senior - BHPian

Drove down from Hyderabad yesterday via Bangalore to Erode.
The roads are excellent as everyone has already said.
Started from home at 8:15 AM and was at Shamshabad at 9:15 AM after breakfast.
Was at Atibele Toll Plaza at 6:15 PM. The GPS directed me on to a SH for going to Hosur after Devanahalli and I was delayed by almost an hour due to non-existent roads and dodging/escaping the idiots who were blocking the SH for collecting money!

GPS Data
Moving Time - 12 hours 14 minutes.
Stopped - 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Moving Average - 71.2 kmph

Total distance covered - 856 KM
Old 5th September 2010, 22:15   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Drove down from Hyderabad yesterday via Bangalore to Erode.
The roads are excellent as everyone has already said.
Started from home at 8:15 AM and was at Shamshabad at 9:15 AM after breakfast.
Was at Atibele Toll Plaza at 6:15 PM. The GPS directed me on to a SH for going to Hosur after Devanahalli and I was delayed by almost an hour due to non-existent roads and dodging/escaping the idiots who were blocking the SH for collecting money!

GPS Data
Moving Time - 12 hours 14 minutes.
Stopped - 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Moving Average - 71.2 kmph

Total distance covered - 856 KM
Wow, that was real fast! What time did you reach Erode?
Old 6th September 2010, 12:26   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wow, that was real fast! What time did you reach Erode?
I was at home around 10:05 PM!
Old 7th September 2010, 09:44   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
scorpydave - thanks for sharing the good news. Seven hours with breaks is pretty good timing and is indicative of the excellent condition of the route as well.

Thanks Cool_dube,
Yes it was one my best drives I drove in the recent past. I had this wish to travel to Bengaluru after all the latest updates. From my past to and fro visits, this is the best has ever happened on NH-7 to Benguluru. We were four, ofcourse my younger brother drove halfway to and fro and with my parents. They never felt at any point restless/uncomfortable. Goes to show how well-maintained during monsoons, good for a family drive as well.

By the way, missed the mileage part. We drove on a full tank capacity of diesel from (0)Hebbal and reached Hyd(550kms)(masab tank-end of PVR flyover) with almost on half tank with another 2.5 litres left.
Old 7th September 2010, 19:51   #307
Senior - BHPian

Gmr expressway at Shadnagar has raised the toll one way is Rs45 multiple entry is Rs67.I travelled upto Mahbubnagar day before.
Old 7th September 2010, 20:48   #308
BHPian

Quote:
...............I was delayed by almost an hour due to non-existent roads and dodging/escaping the idiots who were blocking the SH for collecting money!.....
Sorry to go OT but who were these idiots? Collecting money for the Ganesh festival celebrations?

Last edited by straightdrive : 7th September 2010 at 20:52.
Old 7th September 2010, 23:05   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Sorry to go OT but who were these idiots? Collecting money for the Ganesh festival celebrations?
Yes. I think it must have been for the Ganesh Festival. All of them had tin cans in their hands and gesturing almost everyone to stop!

I had to honk continuously and brake late to make them move away from the road! (all the other cars were doing the same too!)
Old 13th September 2010, 13:21   #310
Senior - BHPian

Started from Frazer Town, Bangalore at 8:20 AM and crossed BIAL at 9. Reached Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad at 3:50 PM - That's 6 hours and 50 minutes of driving time!
I was home at 5:00 after a quick stop at Hyper City in InOrbit Mall for some shopping!

Moving Average - 80.1 kmph.
Old 13th September 2010, 13:31   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Started from Frazer Town, Bangalore at 8:20 AM and crossed BIAL at 9. Reached Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad at 3:50 PM - That's 6 hours and 50 minutes of driving time!
I was home at 5:00 after a quick stop at Hyper City in InOrbit Mall for some shopping!

Moving Average - 80.1 kmph.
That's an insane average for the little pocket!. Hmmm, get disc brakes fitted on your ride and maybe then, we can talk about an exchange .
Old 20th September 2010, 12:20   #312
BHPian

Hi Pulsar56,

Could you explain little bit on where construction is still going on or still two lane road is there? How many kms 4 lane road etc., That would help us.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Old 20th September 2010, 13:42   #313
BHPian

Back in HYD !!

Hey guys..

i am back in hyderabad.. finally after a decade long movement for studies & job to TN & KA !

Driven down from BLR to Hyd on 17th & it is a really awesome piece of stretch now. Started at 6.45 AM in bsk & crossed BIAL at 7.30AM and reached home, sainikpuri by 2.30AM (including a lunch break for 45 mins & nature break for 15 mins). My baleno returned an average of 10kmpl in LPG & 11 in petrol during this drive.

The road is almost done except for some stretch near kurnool & after anantapur which i guess will be done pretty soon. The weather was amazing, we didnt see the sun at all.. it was all cloudy and my wife & doggy were asleep all the way
Old 20th September 2010, 15:13   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnraghu78 View Post
Hi Pulsar56,

Could you explain little bit on where construction is still going on or still two lane road is there? How many kms 4 lane road etc., That would help us.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Construction is not 100% completed. There are few diversions where the road becomes two lane. These diversions are not long and they are well marked.

There are two railway crossings between Gooty & Anantapur. The roads approaching them is the old NH-7 and not so great. (but this is just around 10 KMs or so and not a matter of concern)
Old 27th September 2010, 18:23   #315
BHPian

I am planning for bld-hyd trip to meet some relatives etc. Can some one please let me know how many km's is the bad strech (approximately) and also how much toll we have to pay. Does the new road bypasses Anantapur , Chikballapur , Gooty etc.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed