Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:03   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
One more question: from where do I need to bother about speed limits? I read somewhere on this forum that Bangy cops have speed guns near the city on the Hyd Highway.

Thanks
You will find cops with speedguns only on the airport road after you hit the Airport - NH 5 junction. If you are taking NH 207 deviation to Whitefield as rightly suggested, you don't have to worry.
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:47   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
If you need to go to Whitefield, you don't need to go to Hebbal at all. You can catch the NH207 at Devanahalli and directly go to Whitefield and avoid all the traffic. Check this thread for details :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2144782

Edit: Here is the route in Google Maps :
NH 7 to State Highway 35 - Google Maps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
You will find cops with speedguns only on the airport road after you hit the Airport - NH 5 junction. If you are taking NH 207 deviation to Whitefield as rightly suggested, you don't have to worry.
Thanks guys. So I suppose all craters have been filled up on that route, and also that the flyover near Sai Baba ashram is complete, correct?

Further, is there any board or landmark on NH7 where I need to turn left onto NH-207?

Last edited by vnabhi : 23rd March 2011 at 18:51.
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:59   #423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks guys. So I suppose all craters have been filled up on that route, and also that the flyover near Sai Baba ashram is complete, correct?

Further, is there any board or landmark on NH7 where I need to turn left onto NH-207?
When coming from Hyderabad, when you see the sign-board "Doddaballapur" to the right (at Devanahalli) that is the NH207 turning. You need to turn left (in the opposite direction to Doddaballapur) to hit Whitefield.
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:16   #424
rv3
BHPian

My family and I have planned for a BLR-Kurnool trip on Saturday/Sunday (leaving Blr on 26th and coming back the next day). Will share my experience by the next week.
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:06   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, here are some pointers, but not sure if you will be able to relate them the way I try to explain them

Let me use this map as reference.
NH 7 to Whitefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India - Google Maps

You are travelling from Hyd and pass point A.
B is the place where you can fork into Devanahalli town, I donot remember if there is a board, but right would go to Nandi hills/Doddaballapur
Even if you miss that, there are two more turns into Devanahalli town, next is Point B, you have a speed breaker before B as I remember, but you will pass a Jain temple on your right, and you can turn left after that.
Even if you miss that, you can go to the other end of by-pass and take left into Devenahalli. Almost all roads lead to Point E, which is bang opposite bus stop.
Here you need to be a little careful, as you see its a little fork into the turn, and keep left, and proceed. You next turn to reach F, can be missed if you are a little fast, keep an eye for that big board which says Whitefield, Electronic City etc, and turn right there.
If I remember right again, you will find a veterinary feed factory, (again small board, dont worry if you miss it), on the left side, before F

Then it is a country side road, dont drive too fast as you may fly at a couple of places, because of uneven nature of road. Also watch out for speed breakers 3-4 of them per village at three villages, but they are marked with boards on left side.
Your next landmark is point G, before which you would find a new international school campus on right. Take left onto NH4, and proceed on the normal road, donot take flyover, and take next right under the fly over.
Drive straight towards Whitefield.

Fly over at Kadugodi is open, but only 1 lane each side.

Last edited by sriturl : 23rd March 2011 at 23:08.
Old 24th March 2011, 16:24   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
When coming from Hyderabad, when you see the sign-board "Doddaballapur" to the right (at Devanahalli) that is the NH207 turning. You need to turn left (in the opposite direction to Doddaballapur) to hit Whitefield.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Sir, here are some pointers, but not sure if you will be able to relate them the way I try to explain them

Let me use this map as reference.
NH 7 to Whitefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India - Google Maps

Thanks a ton for the precise instructions. But it looks like your route is not the same as what ampere suggests, as that is the NH 207, while yours runs parallel to it. Am I right?
Old 24th March 2011, 16:36   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the precise instructions. But it looks like your route is not the same as what ampere suggests, as that is the NH 207, while yours runs parallel to it. Am I right?
Thats right, its not 207 all through. This is a better route. I am not sure if ampere suggested NH 207 all through. You drive on NH 207 till the time you take the right (Point F)
I always take this route, and no craters like on 207.
Old 24th March 2011, 16:45   #428
Senior - BHPian

Venu, the route is awesome! I did 150kmph on this road. i only wish they maintain the roads in the same shape for long time to come. Did it in Jan and Dec too.
Pleasurable drive-MUST SAY!

Happy Motoring!
Old 24th March 2011, 16:52   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats right, its not 207 all through. This is a better route. I am not sure if ampere suggested NH 207 all through. You drive on NH 207 till the time you take the right (Point F)
Fabulous. Thanks!!
Until I saw your detailed map, I was thinking everyone was referring to NH-207!!!

@srikanth---thanks for sharing that piece of info. But are you referring to NH-7 or the one sriturl has posted above?

Last edited by vnabhi : 24th March 2011 at 16:54.
Old 25th March 2011, 19:02   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fabulous. Thanks!!
Until I saw your detailed map, I was thinking everyone was referring to NH-207!!!

@srikanth---thanks for sharing that piece of info. But are you referring to NH-7 or the one sriturl has posted above?
I think the 150KPH reference is to NH7.One definitely cant/shouldnt do 150kph in the NH207 combo

The NH7 is as great as ever.Just got back from Blore and its an excellent run.Left Richmond Circle at 930 and was in Defence Colony at 330pm with a sedate and steady speed.Just bear in mind that the toll has gone up considerably now.Its around INR420 now and if you happen to drive past the airport,in a week's time or so it would mean an increase by another 40rs.(I am sure this one is going to face protests as airport employees etc would have to shell out a cool INR80 per day!)

Safest bets for petrol refills are the BP COCOs at Jadcherla/Kurnool/Gooty/Chikballapur.

The restaurants are functional officially but they are best avoided.Dont even bother going near their washrooms.Pack some food thats the best bet.

At the Kurnool BP,there was a BP company guy standing and taking feedback about their BP COCO joints and I showed him their washroom and he disappeared saying he would come back.I didnt have the time to wait for him to come back and give me the same old story of no water etc etc.Btw BP is coming out with self-operated dispensers at their highway outlets by next month,which means no attendant to fill it,you swipe your card and fill the petrol by yourself.Lets wait and see how successful the venture is going to be.They are launching it on their highway COCOs first.
Old 25th March 2011, 20:02   #431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Since @vnabi had asked where the NH207 turning was, I had explained that. But yes, if one needs to goto Whitefield, NH207 is not good at all. Beyond, Devenhalli the BIAL road needs to be taken, which would hit NH4 the way you explained. That is the best route. It also forms a part of NH7 Bangalore-bypass of NH7 (Devanahalli to Attibele and vice-versa).
Old 25th March 2011, 21:52   #432
Senior - BHPian

Many thanks @ranjitp1 and @ampere. Now I am armed to the teeth with information !

It is nice to know about self-operated fuel pumps. I did get to use some in the US, and darn, the nozzle was chilling to hold during winter---one needs to take off ones gloves to hold it properly.

In our context, I hope it is not sizzling hot to hold.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:34   #433
Senior - BHPian

Just for info sakes,people would now begin to see two new sets of numbers of the NH7 denoting NH44 & AH43.NH44 is the new highway numbering that has begun to take effect and the AH43 is an indication that this road is part of the Asian Highway Network 1 (which runs from Agra to Matara in Sri Lanka).Life just got all the more complicated!
Old 28th March 2011, 17:09   #434
Senior - BHPian

Was back from Trichy to Hyderabad via Banglore excellent roads from Banglore to Hyderabad four laning is complete with all the bypasses open completly.The toll has gone up as ranjitp1 mentioned
Old 28th March 2011, 20:13   #435
Team-BHP Support

Folks, A different question.

Has anybody done Belum Caves? Since its near Gooty and off the NH7, I thought might ask this question in this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks