Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 18:44   #496
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

Thank you all for the inputs.
Based on that I have decided to stick to the Hebbal-BIAL route only.
Old 9th July 2011, 12:36   #497
Senior - BHPian

I did Bangalore - Hyderabad on 20th June. Left Hebbal at 2.15PM and arrived at Shamshabad at 9.15PM. Journey contained one 15 minute power nap break and two bio breaks of 15 mins each. Since I was in the Getaway, never exceeded 120KMPH but the opp side traffic at Anantapur was pain.
Old 9th July 2011, 17:30   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher
but the opp side traffic at Anantapur was pain.
Worse than near Kurnool? That's something new! Every single time I've been on this highway it's been hell (in terms of traffic discipline) near Kurnool and heaven along Anantapur - Penukonda - Bagepalli.

Good timing as usual. This highway deserves every paisa of the toll charge of nearly 85 paise per km.

Regards,
spadix
Old 11th July 2011, 15:41   #499
BHPian

My wife joined me in the jeep this time to Hyderabad on 13th june. Took us 7hrs Airport to Airport. Packed lunch at home and stopped under some tree between penukonda-anantapur.

Looks like a new trend is in place now, the fellows who come in the opposite direction in the same lane now started using lights to warn you of their stupidity. well, at least some sense is in place. Heavy trucks take the right and busses these days keep left.

There is a rustic dhaba on the road side just at the entrance of a place called pyapili. Tea & omelette were good. It was just about sunset and when ever i see a dhaba with a tank, i felt like taking a bath on the road side just like the truck drivers do.

I feel the road from gooty to kurnool has an unknown charm to it.

Came back on 27th June. Took 7hrs to reach airport and 1.5 hrs to reach koramangala from there.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:22   #500

Hyderabad to Bangalore and back

Hi Everyone, Has anyone done a Hyd-Blr-Hyd road trip in recent past? Or the reverse route? The earlier post on this topic is old, would be very keen to know driving time and if the 4 lane work is done for the entire stretch. Amit
Old 29th July 2011, 13:46   #501
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore and back

Quote:
Originally Posted by akpd0659 View Post
Hi Everyone, Has anyone done a Hyd-Blr-Hyd road trip in recent past? Or the reverse route? The earlier post on this topic is old, would be very keen to know driving time and if the 4 lane work is done for the entire stretch. Amit
Excellent road.4laned throughout.8hours is normal driving time city to city.Speeds of 100-120kph are easily achieved and maintained on this stretch.Plenty of petrol pumps.Eating facilities poor except for a couple of BP GHAR Dhabas at Gooty & kurnool.Total toll comes upto approx INR 425 one way.Factor in another 25rs if the toll at BIAL airport has started functioning.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 15:52   #502
BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Hyderabad road trip

Did this trip 2 weeks back. The road is awesome all the way through. No diversions whatsoever. Can maintain speeds of 100-120 kmph easily. Touched 140 kmph at some places. If you want to avoid the toll near the BIAL and also the traffic and are starting from the East side of Bangalore, take the BIAL road from Whitefield.
The best thing about the Bangalore-Hyderabad route is that there is very little traffic and the road is a pleasure to drive.
If you are driving at night, you need to be careful once you are nearing Shamshabad. There are lots and lots of flies on the road that get attracted to your headlights and they get splattered onto the windscreen making visibility very less. The road also suddenly turns into a single lane near to Shamshabad and the visibility becomes almost zero due to these flies and the high beams from the other side. Other than that, the road is one of the best ones I have driven in India.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 16:22   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
If you want to avoid the toll near the BIAL and also the traffic and are starting from the East side of Bangalore, take the BIAL road from Whitefield.
I am to drive from Hyderabad to East Bangalore near Whitefield.

This is going to be my first time hence have no prior knowledge about names of places, landmarks, diversions, turn offs, etc.

I do not have any issue about saving toll but yes, I would love to avoid the traffic.

Can you tell me the exact (and best) route via BIAL road to Whitefield?

Do I have to go upto the airport before turning off NH7?

Do I have to go upto Hebbel (I do remember this clover flyover when I flew into the city last time)?
Old 29th July 2011, 16:39   #504
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore and back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Excellent road.4laned throughout.8hours is normal driving time city to city.Speeds of 100-120kph are easily achieved and maintained on this stretch.Plenty of petrol pumps.Eating facilities poor except for a couple of BP GHAR Dhabas at Gooty & kurnool.Total toll comes upto approx INR 425 one way.Factor in another 25rs if the toll at BIAL airport has started functioning.
Near gooty some diversions where to taken because of work going on. Now that work is also done?

If yes I want to go on a trip again.
Old 29th July 2011, 17:37   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I do not have any issue about saving toll but yes, I would love to avoid the traffic.

Can you tell me the exact (and best) route via BIAL road to Whitefield?

Do I have to go upto the airport before turning off NH7?
From Whitefield, just keep following the route to NH4. Turn left where the road joins the NH4. After you go a little forward, there is a board showing the route for Bangalore International Airport. Turn right onto this road and then all you have to do is to follow this road. Then, once near the airport, you will get directions for Hyderabad. This road will join the Hyderabad route directly after Devanahalli. There is no confusion at all and you will avoid the whole ORR traffic. The road is also quite good.
You will not be going to the airport either as this road directly touches the NH after Devanahalli.

Edit: I just checked you are doing the route the other way. I think this map should help :

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-devanahalli.jpg

Last edited by Newpunter : 29th July 2011 at 17:53.
Old 29th July 2011, 18:52   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Thanks!

One question :

The road you have suggested to me looks parallel to NH207 on map and I see that both of them join NH4 just a little apart.

Do you think I should stick to this road or will NH207 be a better idea?
Old 29th July 2011, 19:06   #507
BHPian

The road I suggested is better than NH207. This is the road meant for people going to the airport, so it is very good. I haven't been on NH207 in this stretch but atleast on the other side, the NH207 has a lot of speed breakers and passes through a lot of villages where the road is very narrow. The BIAL road on the other hand is very good through out.
Old 29th July 2011, 19:28   #508
Team-BHP Support

NH207 is pretty bad in shape. Stick to BIAL road.

At Devanahalli, you will see a marking for NH207 for whitefield. After some distance you need to turn off NH207 on the BIAL road.
HVK's Directions:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1711006

Ref for Bangalore bypass: (@hyd_traveller I think you have already seen this).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html
Old 16th August 2011, 08:31   #509
BHPian

Thanks to all who helped me to bye pass BIAL / Hebbel to reach Whitefield.

Stayed at Hotel Sai Rennaisance opposite Sai Baba's Brindavan Ashram in Whitefield. A/C Deluxe Double Room was 1900 + Tax = 2150 per night. Included free WiFi but not free breakfast. Pure veg place. Neat clean rooms and also a neat clean hotel with its own safe secure parking. Worth it. Due to the long weekend, they offered me 10% discount if I take the club room @ 2400 + Tax. Club room includes free breakfast, free cold drinks, free snacks. I did not opt for it.
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-100_3691.jpg
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-100_3692.jpg

I did Bangalore - Hyderabad yesterday :
Brindavan (Whitefield) - Davanhalli (NH7/Nandi Hill Turning) : 39km/0:50Hours
Davanhalli - Anantpur : 179km/1:35Hours
Anantpur - Kurnool : 155km/1:35Hours
Lunch stop @ Kurnool : Awesome Chicken Biryani @ 150 from Garden Restaurant (huge hoardings visible) just behind the IOC Petrol Pump on the highway itself within the city (197 km from Shamshabad Airport on the left side).
Kurnool - Shamshabad : 197km/1:45Hours
Shamshabad - Somajiguda : 27km/0:30Hours
Drive : 597km/6:15Hours
Breaks (2 Bio, 1 fuel, 1 grapefruit shopping & 1 lunch) : 1:00Hour
Overall : 597km/7:15Hours
Vehicle : Mahindra Renualt Logan GLX 1.4 Petrol, 2008 Model with 48K on the Odo and Yokohama A-Drives.
Tolls Paid : 438 (carried exact tender for all tolls thus saving some time for sure). Lost a few minutes at Jadcherla Toll due to heavy traffic pile up (5 cars were ahead of me).

Long weekend and Independence Day holiday helped a lot to get good average speed.

The highway rocks for sure!

While going, had stopped for lunch at Kamat Upachar at Chik Ballapur. Expensive for the quality.
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-100_3647.jpg
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-100_3646.jpg

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 16th August 2011 at 08:43.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 08:36   #510
Senior - BHPian

Great to know you had a safe trip. I'm also planning a Bangalore to Hyderabad trip pretty soon, your inputs really help

We used to have lunch at Sai Renissance regularly since my Uncle is constructing villas in Whitefield. Its an awesome place, the right blend of modernity and simple style.

Was there yesterday! Now that they have the fly over built, it gives a wonderful view of Brindavan. I've never been inside, but the view from the flyover is awesome. Its such a huge place

Last edited by TheARUN : 16th August 2011 at 08:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks