Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 17:51   #541
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

I went to Hyderabad last Saturday, no hiccups, actually smoother traffic because of less autos and buses on last Saturday.
Since petrol bunks were on bandh last Saturday filled up at Kurnool. It may be a good idea to do the same, since you never know, and normally you may run out of tank if you didn't fill on the way.
I was following the other thread about Hyderabad conditions. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...outes-etc.html
That may be useful for current updates if any.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 18:49   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Due to the Telangana issues are there any road blocks or rasta roko happening on this road over the next 5-6 days ? Have travel plans next saturday. Any info much appreciated.
thanks
Srini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nothing known now, except for a Hyderabad bandh planned for 30th September. But things could change, so watch this thread and the other one on Hyderabad traffic and road updates.
These things are localised on most days and affect only certain areas within the city and rarely NH7. However, Oct 02 may see the highway being affected.

The time table as per newspaper reads as follows :
Sep 28 : Raasta Roko at 100 junctions
Sep 29 : Gherao of Ministers Residences
Sep 30 : Bandh
Oct 01 : Mashaal Rally
Oct 02 : Toll Gates Bandh
Oct 03 : Bathukamma (whatever it means)
Oct 09 to Oct 12 : Rail Roko

Situation is dynamic and last minute changes can be expected. I crossed Khairatabad at 11:15am and all was okay but from noon I heard that the flyover was blocked. Now Road No. 1 in front of Care Hospital is blocked but the reason is not known to me.

Srini, I do not see any problems for your highway travel on 01-Oct but where in the city you are headed may be impacted. However, that said, since 30-Sep is a bandh, do not expect much problem on 01-Oct except at a few junctions. If your plans have Oct-02 highway drive, then you need to think.

Please keep a tab on the other thread suggested by sriturl for latest within Hyderabad and also on the facebook wall of Hyderabad Traffic Police as they keep posting the latest situations regularly.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 27th September 2011 at 18:53.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 21:08   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Due to the Telangana issues are there any road blocks or rasta roko happening on this road over the next 5-6 days ? Have travel plans next saturday. Any info much appreciated.

thanks
Srini
This is the HTP facebook site and would be very helpful with real time updates.Hyderabad Traffic Police | Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
These things are localised on most days and affect only certain areas within the city and rarely NH7. However, Oct 02 may see the highway being affected.

Situation is dynamic and last minute changes can be expected. I crossed Khairatabad at 11:15am and all was okay but from noon I heard that the flyover was blocked. Now Road No. 1 in front of Care Hospital is blocked but the reason is not known to me.

Srini, I do not see any problems for your highway travel on 01-Oct but where in the city you are headed may be impacted. However, that said, since 30-Sep is a bandh, do not expect much problem on 01-Oct except at a few junctions. If your plans have Oct-02 highway drive, then you need to think.

Please keep a tab on the other thread suggested by sriturl for latest within Hyderabad and also on the facebook wall of Hyderabad Traffic Police as they keep posting the latest situations regularly.
Looks like Hyd is heading the Kerala & Poschim Bonga way in the bandh scheme of things.We now even have a "Bandh Calendar"-a pity.

As for Bathukamma thats a spring festival in the Telangana region.

Care Hospital & Khairtabad jams were linked to each other-usual politician antics(everyone seems to be important now a days).

Lagadapati Unfolds His Drama In Police Station
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 11:30   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller

Was planning to visit Hyderabad in the first week of October and now i see this. Is it safe ?
Old 28th September 2011, 11:49   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Was planning to visit Hyderabad in the first week of October and now i see this. Is it safe ?
Please avoid visiting Hyderabad if you can.

May be the AP govt should issue a travel advisory soon.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 12:02   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Please avoid visiting Hyderabad if you can.

May be the AP govt should issue a travel advisory soon.
Thanks a ton for the info. It was just a leisure trip that was long due.
In that case will avoid it for sure.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:36   #547
BHPian

Update:
Just yesterday night, My friend's parents ( A group of 30 people in a bus) from Rajasthan have come to a trip down south. They were on their way back. They had been travelling for a long time and decided they take some rest on their return. So they stopped the bus on the highway and one of the members in the bus came down and took an auto-rikshaw to check out hotels close by.

However the auto driver took him some place inside and in order to loot him, hit him with a stone. The person was seriously injured. Before he could injure, thankfully another auto driver came to the rescue. This auto driver took him to the hospital while the rest of the people in the bus reached the hospital. The injured person had around 35 stitches and is in critical condition. But right now doctors are hopeful that there is no serious head injury.

So my piece of advice would be for not just on this highway, but on any other highway, if you need any address or anything, never get off the vehicle. Keep it locked from inside and ask for directions from inside.

@ mods: I posted here because incident happened on NH7 at Kurnool. If inappropriate here, please delete this post.
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:12   #548
BHPian

I am planning to visit Hyderabad (unavoidable) this Thursday, 6th Oct. And moreover, I will be traveling with my family. So, are there any Bandh/disruption plans (considering that there is a Bandh calendar) on thursday/friday?

Will it be ok traveling on NH7? I will be starting from Bangalore around 8am on Thursday, 6th Oct.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/comments.
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:36   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomsun View Post
I am planning to visit Hyderabad (unavoidable) this Thursday, 6th Oct.
Will it be ok traveling on NH7? I will be starting from Bangalore around 8am on Thursday, 6th Oct.
Zoomsun, the situation here has eased quiet a bit. No bandhs in near future now.
So don't worry about it. You can peacefully come to hyderabad now.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 05:07   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomsun View Post
I am planning to visit Hyderabad (unavoidable) this Thursday, 6th Oct. And moreover, I will be traveling with my family. So, are there any Bandh/disruption plans (considering that there is a Bandh calendar) on thursday/friday?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/comments.
No Bandh, but make sure you fill up the car with petrol/diesel to the brim in and around Kurnool just to be on safe side. Suddenly out of no where these people say close petrol bunks. And Kurnool is about 200 kms from Hyderabad. So considering 550 kms travel range for an average car, you would still have about 150 kms to play with in hyderabad for your stay in case of any petrol bunks bandh.
Apart from this I see no other issues.
Old 4th October 2011, 06:20   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
No Bandh, but make sure you fill up the car with petrol/diesel to the brim in and around Kurnool just to be on safe side. Suddenly out of no where these people say close petrol bunks. And Kurnool is about 200 kms from Hyderabad. So considering 550 kms travel range for an average car, you would still have about 150 kms to play with in hyderabad for your stay in case of any petrol bunks bandh.
Apart from this I see no other issues.
With due respect to you, I appreciate your foresight and advise to all to be cautious and to keep the vehicle tanked up but I beg to disagree that the bandhs in Hyderabad are spontaneous except maybe once in a blue moon. Look back carefully in recent times and you will observe that all those panic calls about "petrol pump will be closed" were rumours while all the bandhs were well publicised giving ample time to public to be prepared.

Let us not give a wrong impression to people who are not in Hyderabad and scare away potential visitors. The life here is as normal as in most cities across the country but yes, buses are off the road and there is some hardship on account of that. I recently got a call from Delhi and was asked the prices of vegetables because some TV channel there reported that the prices have sky rocketed in Hyderabad. Nothing like that, vegetables here are cheaper than most metros. I picked up 19 lemons for Rs. 10 yesterday, one dozen sweet limes for Rs. 19 and a dozen bananas for Rs. 30, just to give an idea.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 14:06   #552
BHPian

Quote:
With due respect to you, I appreciate your foresight and advise to all to be cautious and to keep the vehicle tanked up but I beg to disagree that the bandhs in Hyderabad are spontaneous except maybe once in a blue moon. Look back carefully in recent times and you will observe that all those panic calls about "petrol pump will be closed" were rumours while all the bandhs were well publicised giving ample time to public to be prepared.

Let us not give a wrong impression to people who are not in Hyderabad and scare away potential visitors. The life here is as normal as in most cities across the country but yes, buses are off the road and there is some hardship on account of that. I recently got a call from Delhi and was asked the prices of vegetables because some TV channel there reported that the prices have sky rocketed in Hyderabad. Nothing like that, vegetables here are cheaper than most metros. I picked up 19 lemons for Rs. 10 yesterday, one dozen sweet limes for Rs. 19 and a dozen bananas for Rs. 30, just to give an idea.
I am extremely sorry if my quote gives wrong impression. Nowhere did I mention in the quote that it is not normal life in Hyderabad. I just mentioned it to be on the safe side in case such rumors arise.

Its the TV Channels that cause the most hype looking for anything to bring up their TRP Ratings. I think more than half the hype in Hyderabad is created by these TV Channels (Read Telugu Media Channels).
Old 5th October 2011, 11:30   #553
BHPian

Anyone planning to go to hyderabad on 5th oct night? I am thinking of going today night, but not sure of the conditions on the NH7...

Last edited by rishie : 5th October 2011 at 11:32.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:40   #554
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Situation is dynamic and last minute changes can be expected.
Which is true? The quote above or below.

Quote:
I beg to disagree that the bandhs in Hyderabad are spontaneous except maybe once in a blue moon.
I was planning to drive to Hyd from Bangy via Yadgir. Now I am confused!
Old 5th October 2011, 15:20   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Which is true? The quote above or below.
I was planning to drive to Hyd from Bangy via Yadgir. Now I am confused!
No need to be confused. You can certainly travel to Hyderabad but what sort of protests are scheduled for the date of your travel need to be looked at take the final call.

Due to festival tomorrow, travel is safe at at least for the next 2 days.

Most Viewed