Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 15:27   #571
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

Did a Blore-Hyd- blore round trip last week, and had a pleasant experience. Drive time was 6 hours from BIAL to RGIA both ways. the only problem on this road is stray animals, had to break hard 3 times, once for cattle, once for pigs, and third time for a flock of over 400 sheep standing aimlessly on the other side of a blind curve, covering all 3 lanes of the road. applied breaks hard, ABS got deployed, but last 2-3 feet, ended up touching a few sheep. thankfully, no damages to both car and animals. BTW... 4 cars slammed at once, thankfully, no car crashed into each other!
Old 17th November 2011, 12:21   #572
BHPian

Did the trip yesterday. Yeshwantpur - Hyderabad (city). Took me 8 hrs including a 2 hr break.

Traffic on the way out of Bangy (until the airport), the little stretch near ORR at shamshabad are the only complaints I have. The rest of the stretch is awesome.
Old 22nd December 2011, 00:30   #573
BHPian

Any latest updates ? Planning to do hyd trip on friday.
Old 22nd December 2011, 07:35   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Any latest updates ? Planning to do hyd trip on friday.
Enjoy your journey. Drive safe. Do not try to beat the clock with timings.

The road is still in perfect conditions as can be expected.
Old 22nd December 2011, 08:37   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller

Enjoy your journey. Drive safe. Do not try to beat the clock with timings.

The road is still in perfect conditions as can be expected.
Thanks for thw update mate. I'm with my wife and kid, so i'm more than cautious about the speed and safety .
Old 26th December 2011, 13:36   #576
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning my maiden road trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad. Plan to start at 6:00am tomorrow with family including a 1 year old.
Need your help in planning the food breaks - Breakfast by 7:30 - 8:30am, Lunch by 2:00pm.
We will be going to ECIL, do I have to cross the Hyderabad airport to reach this place?

Thank You

VW
Old 26th December 2011, 14:02   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi,

I am planning my maiden road trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad. Plan to start at 6:00am tomorrow with family including a 1 year old.
Need your help in planning the food breaks - Breakfast by 7:30 - 8:30am, Lunch by 2:00pm.
We will be going to ECIL, do I have to cross the Hyderabad airport to reach this place?

Thank You

VW
That's the best time to cross the Bangalore airport. If possible start an hour before and plan to cross the BIA by 6:00, and keep watching for stray dogs until its 10:00 - 11:00am, I recommend going around 80kmph, and maintaining a good braking distance. After that you can keep an average of 100kmph depending on the traffic conditions.

Reaching ECIL, you have to pass Hyd. Airport.
I had taken this route earlier:
NH7 - PVNR expressway till mehdipatnam - masabtank - lower tankbund - RTC Cross roads -(avoid osmania campus and take right towards) adikmet flyover - tarnaka - lalapet - ECIL

Masabtank and RTC cross roads will be a bit crowded, but remaining places, till ECIL would be manageable with moderate traffic.

I am not sure of any other route to ECIL, may be other members can provide their comments.
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 15:40   #578
BHPian

Thank You Rishie,

Could you give some inputs on the options for breakfast and lunch enroute.

VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
That's the best time to cross the Bangalore airport. If possible start an hour before and plan to cross the BIA by 6:00, and keep watching for stray dogs until its 10:00 - 11:00am, I recommend going around 80kmph, and maintaining a good braking distance. After that you can keep an average of 100kmph depending on the traffic conditions.

Reaching ECIL, you have to pass Hyd. Airport.
I had taken this route earlier:
NH7 - PVNR expressway till mehdipatnam - masabtank - lower tankbund - RTC Cross roads -(avoid osmania campus and take right towards) adikmet flyover - tarnaka - lalapet - ECIL

Masabtank and RTC cross roads will be a bit crowded, but remaining places, till ECIL would be manageable with moderate traffic.

I am not sure of any other route to ECIL, may be other members can provide their comments.
Old 26th December 2011, 15:43   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thank You

VW
I would recommend packing food for your 1yr old, and travel during the time when he/she sleep.

The new NH7 bypasses most of the towns, unless you specifically take a diversion into town.

After Chikaballapur, there is a Kamat Upachar attached to a BPCL outlet on the left side. This is probably the 1st food stop.

Thereafter you may find some roadside joints in Anantapur, if you dont take the flyover. Between Anantapur and Gooty, you will find some food stops.

Depending on the time, you can take a detour into Kurnool for lunch. IMO you should be able to reach Hyderabad for lunch.

Lookout for Stray Dogs upto Anantapur....
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 16:09   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You Rishie,

VW
Kamat attached to BP bunk, (beside nandini) after around 1 hour drive from bangalore is also good. If you think its ok to stretch the breakfast to around 8:30 - 9am, you can stop at hotel raviteja after crossing ananthapur bypass (around 15 min away from isckon temple) This is the one on the right side, after the HP COCO bunk (there will be an unofficial gap done by the villagers - just before the tollgate, around 2 kms before).
As mentioned by smsrini, I also recommend packing food for the 1 year old.

For lunch, after kurnool lookout for Kamat/BP bunk attached dhaba towards your left (it will be in the same style as the first mentioned one). Or some of the dhabas before Jadcherla toll also are good.

If you plan to stop for a small snack, in between ananthapur and kurnool, try the reliance A1 plaza onto the right (there is one on the left, but not yet opened). but don't stop if you are there around 11:30, as they won't be having tea also at that time (cool drinks etc will be available though). But its a very scenic place between the hills, worth a couple of snaps.

Once the outside temperature reaches 30+ degrees, there would be less amount of stray dogs and cattle, but be careful all long.

Last edited by rishie : 26th December 2011 at 16:16.
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 16:20   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You Rishie,

VW
I went with my 1.5yr old daughter, multiple times on this route. I usually prefer to start early (~5.30am) and travel without break when my daughter is asleep.
I tend to get a 'parcel' at Kamat on the way out of bangalore and we stop and have a late breakfast after she wakes up.
And for lunch you will reach home - unless something really slows you down

Btw, on my trip two weeks ago I crossed BIAL around 6.15am and then found lot of fog and poor visibility just after Devanahalli village - beware!
rajiv0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 16:27   #582
BHPian

If any one is wanting to halt at or near Kurnool, a family friendly and nice clean place is the Holiday Inn next to IOC bunk as marked on the map as Point A.

The biggest plus point is a clean loo for the ladies (a rarity on the highways).

I really liked the taste of the Chicken Biryani here.

It is on the Kurnool Bye Pass and on the highway so need to deviate.

15.843575,78.009275 - Google Maps

To reach it, when travelling from Bangalore to Hyderabad, you need to take the service road on the right side of the highway around 0.5 km before you reach the restaurant. The IOC hoarding is visible from quite a distance as it is mounted on a very tall flagpole so keep your eyes open for the IOC flagpole and take the right side service road till you reach the restaurant.

When going from Hyderabad to Bangalore, you will see the restaurant and the bunk on your left, continue around 0.5 km, take a left U-turn onto the service road and come back to the entrance of the restaurant.

Kamat after Chikballapur is the only decent option and then finding a decent halt with be tough.

I doubt it that a 6 am start can get anyone to ECIL in time for lunch.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 26th December 2011 at 16:28.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 18:54   #583
BHPian

Thanks a ton Rishie, Rajiv, Srini and Hyd Traveller. Glad to know there are some Kamat outlets but sad to see there are no CCDs. We will carry some food for our duaghter.
Will update the route conditions if there is anything worthwhile to add.

Thank You

VW
Old 27th December 2011, 06:01   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels
Thanks a ton Rishie, Rajiv, Srini and Hyd Traveller. Glad to know there are some Kamat outlets but sad to see there are no CCDs. We will carry some food for our duaghter.
Will update the route conditions if there is anything worthwhile to add.

Thank You

VW
I guess you must be on your way already.the best way to reach ecil would be to take the nh7 till the pvnr eway then mehdipatnam.do not take the next flyover you see.go by the side of it and take the free left at the signal under the flyover.you are now on road 1 banjara hills,continue till the end of the road at nagarjuna circle,take a right and immdlty take the flyover ramp,you would cross pvr on your right ,continue on the flyover and this would land you on the SP Road.continue on the road and take the old airpprt begimpet flyover,followed by the paradise flyover.on coming down the paradise flyover,take the immediate left before the parade ground.Continue on it till the end at secunderabad club.take a left on the double road.continue on the road for approx 5kms till trimulgherry crossroads signal.take a right at the crossroads and go approx 4kms and you would be at ecil crossroads
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 10:09   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if you are done with your trip, an option for lunch before Hyd is the Dashmesh dhabha near Jadcherla toll booth. On Blre-Hyd route, this will be on your left, just (~500m) before the toll booth.

This serves real punjabi dhabha fare, frequented by truck drivers. Their masala tea is very good (tends to be a bit sugary, tell him upfront not to make it very sweet) and all items are made to order. I normally visit this place when the family is in the mood for a ~60km drive along ORR and the Blre highway.

Most Viewed