Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2011, 14:47   #586
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv0 View Post

Btw, on my trip two weeks ago I crossed BIAL around 6.15am and then found lot of fog and poor visibility just after Devanahalli village - beware!
True, after crossing BIAL there is a lot of fog i encountered and the visibility was very poor. otherwise the route is very good . As everybody advised watch out for the stray dogs and the cattle/sheep herds. Did my trip last friday(23 dec) from blr- hyd (took approx 7-8 hrs with 1 hr break) and back today(27 dec) agin took 7.5 hrs. Thanks for all the help from the fellow bhpians.
Old 28th December 2011, 10:14   #587
BHPian

Hi,

Due to few unavoidable issues we had to leave at 10:30am. The route is great, I have never before driven above 100kmph continuously for more than 10-15 mins. Though 600kms seemed formidable, it was actually very easy on the body and mind.

We took 3 breaks accounting for more than 2 hrs. First one at Kamat/Nandini after Chikballapur. The Chicken Biriyani at Nadhini was good. The second break was at Holiday Inn at Kurnool as suggested by hyd traveller. Decent place for a bio break for the family and some snacks. Third break was taken beside some farmland after about 1 hrs drive from Kurnool to feed our daughter. Since we were still on the road after 6:00pm we were slowed down by traffic, a stretch where the left lane was used by incoming vehicles too and by the heavy traffic after the 10km flyover. Reached my friend's home by 9:15pm, but was not at all tired.

The mileage was best ever for our Accent at 16km/hr. Is it because the road slopes down for most of the strecth?

We are returning on Friday and this time would start at 6:00am. Will the Dhabas at Jadcherla be open for breakfast?

Thank You all for helping me with my first hyderabad drive.

VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Not sure if you are done with your trip, an option for lunch before Hyd is the Dashmesh dhabha near Jadcherla toll booth. On Blre-Hyd route, this will be on your left, just (~500m) before the toll booth.

This serves real punjabi dhabha fare, frequented by truck drivers. Their masala tea is very good (tends to be a bit sugary, tell him upfront not to make it very sweet) and all items are made to order. I normally visit this place when the family is in the mood for a ~60km drive along ORR and the Blre highway.

Last edited by VindyWheels : 28th December 2011 at 10:16.
Old 28th December 2011, 10:25   #588
BHPian

Great review of your drive. Will go a long way to make future travellers using this stretch of the road feel more secure to drive on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
We are returning on Friday and this time would start at 6:00am. Will the Dhabas at Jadcherla be open for breakfast?
You can stop on the left side at a place in Balanagar (I am forgetting the name) which will come after Shadnagar.

It is more or less half way between Shadnagar and Jadcherla.

You should hit the place around 8:30 or so.

The place looks nice and though no one has raved about its food being awesome, there have been no complaints either.

The place is identifiable by a mock car on the entrance arch(?).

If you search this thread, I am sure the name will pop up along with some travellers' photographs.

Edit : Found it, post #470 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2328649

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 28th December 2011 at 10:30. Reason: Spelling error!
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 10:45   #589
BHPian

Quote:

Thank You all for helping me with my first hyderabad drive.
The real dhabhas (run mostly by family personnel) should be open for most of the day, breakfast should not be an issue. Please note these may not have family-friendly ambience and facilities, but the food will be good.

BTW, this guy has another joint on the Hyd-Blre route too (on the left side of the road at the same location, i.e after Jadcherla toll booth). Both the dhabhas are nearly opposite to each other, though I never visited the one on Hyd-Blre side.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 11:07   #590
BHPian

Here is what i'm talking about, the fog just after devanahalli. The time and temperature in the pic.

Old 28th December 2011, 11:57   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

VW
B'fast stop at Hotel Hilltop View after Shadnagar. This place is about 2kms after the 1st tollgate. There is a Cafe Coffee Day ( either open or being built ) next to it. This place has a cut up Fiat mounted on its entrance.

Restroom / Coffee stop at A1 plaza, near Gooty, attached to a Reliance fuel station.

Lunch options:

Hotel/ Dhaba Shere-Punjab before Anantapur. This is a easily missed joint. Is located next to a desolate looking HP fuel station. Run by a Sardar, and as authentic as you can get dhaba food.

Hotel RaviTheja

cheers!
Srini
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 21:23   #592
BHPian

Did a Hyderabad-Bangalore trip this weekend. Started from Hyd at 6 am and reached Hebbal at around 1:30. The road is fantastic except for a few kms just off Hyd.

As was explained earlier by fellow BHPians, one has to take note of the odd animal crossings and other activities till Kurnool. The road then becomes an absolute blast to drive. However the weather is extremely hot right now.

While returning, I left Bangalore at 5:30, took a detour and visited Nandi Hills at 7am. reached back to the main highway at around 9:30. One can easily cruise at 100kmph till Kurnool after which one should take a little more caution. I reached gachibowli at around 4:30pm.

had breakfast at BP Ghar Dhaba ( Chikballapur I think ) and lunch just after Kurnool at another BP Ghar Dhaba as well. The food was fantastic and is reasonable if not cheap.
Old 10th April 2012, 15:43   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_lukose View Post
Did a Hyderabad-Bangalore trip this weekend. Started from Hyd at 6 am and reached Hebbal at around 1:30. The road is fantastic except for a few kms just off Hyd.

As was explained earlier by fellow BHPians, one has to take note of the odd animal crossings and other activities till Kurnool. The road then becomes an absolute blast to drive. However the weather is extremely hot right now.

While returning, I left Bangalore at 5:30, took a detour and visited Nandi Hills at 7am. reached back to the main highway at around 9:30. One can easily cruise at 100kmph till Kurnool after which one should take a little more caution. I reached gachibowli at around 4:30pm.

had breakfast at BP Ghar Dhaba ( Chikballapur I think ) and lunch just after Kurnool at another BP Ghar Dhaba as well. The food was fantastic and is reasonable if not cheap.
I am going to relocate to Bangalore this weekend. I checked on Google Maps for the route from Madhapur to Bangalore. The search showed me 3 different routes. Which would you suggest-
Bang-Hyd highway (683km)
NH44(630km)
Combination of the two(578km)

I am going to be doing this for the first time so I would prefer a route with 4 lanes throughout(if that's possible) and pointers on the entire stretch.
Old 10th April 2012, 18:44   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
I am going to relocate to Bangalore this weekend. I checked on Google Maps for the route from Madhapur to Bangalore. The search showed me 3 different routes. Which would you suggest-
Bang-Hyd highway (683km)
NH44(630km)
Combination of the two(578km)
I am going to be doing this for the first time so I would prefer a route with 4 lanes throughout(if that's possible) and pointers on the entire stretch.
NH44 is the new name for NH7. The old NH7 is now partly NH43 and partly NH44. Be prepared to see a mix of all these 3 markings.
The route is pretty simple, take ORR to Hyderabad Airport and turn right onto Bangalore Highway and then just stick to this 4-laned highway till you reach Bangalore.
For entering Bangalore, if you are headed to the eastern side like Whitefield, turn off the highway to the left side at Nandi Hills itself else continue straight and you will reach Bangalore Airport soon enough.
Hi-Tec City at Hyderabad to Nandi Hills turning is 536 km.
The highway is essentially 4-laned except just after Hyderabad Airport for 2 kms and maybe one or two under construction parts of a km or so each.
The road is so good that you will want to speed faster than what you would normally do.
Please resist the temptation as reaction time comes down at higher speeds.
Drive safe and be careful.
You will most probably do the Hyderabad Airport - Bangalore Airport in 7 hours or so.
The route :
Hitech City Rd to NH 44 - Google Maps
Read up this thread and you will have all the information for the pit stops also.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 10th April 2012 at 18:47.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 11:32   #595
BHPian

Thanks a lot sir. You have been very helpful.
I went thru the thread and it seems like good pit stops are scarce. So I am planning to take some food along. I hope petrol bunks are not scarce too because I will be travelling in my 2005 petrol swift which is not the best when it come to mileage.
Old 11th April 2012, 12:06   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
I hope petrol bunks are not scarce too because I will be travelling in my 2005 petrol swift which is not the best when it come to mileage.
Don't depend on credit card for fueling. Some times it is difficult to find petrol bunks that accepts credit card. As a backup, better to have enough cash for the same.
Old 11th April 2012, 12:12   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Don't depend on credit card for fueling. Some times it is difficult to find petrol bunks that accepts credit card. As a backup, better to have enough cash for the same.
Yes I have been forewarned about this by other people too. Will be carrying cash for fuel and food.
Old 11th April 2012, 12:18   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ also, there are instances on forum where bunks had billed wrong / skimmed credit card details of members. Though the same were reported from bunks in city, its better to be on safer side.
Old 11th April 2012, 17:20   #599
Senior - BHPian

Just came back on 9th April from my mega trip of 5000 Kms long. Last day had to travel Nagpur - Bangalore. Just 25 Kms before Hyderabad, I had taken lunch at Highway Inn a big restaurant on Highway and developed food poisoning after that.

Due to this driving down from Hyderabad to Bangalore was difficult part and I took 9.5 hours to reach home with many breaks. Road is throughout good till Bangalore.

Last edited by anujmishra : 11th April 2012 at 17:24.
Old 18th April 2012, 12:14   #600
BHPian

You can be reasonably sure about fuel on this route.
There are enough BP COCOs on the route, and all of them accept credit cards as well.
Yes, because they all use GSM based card swipe, and power situation in the villages, its better to have cash backup, but most of them have automated billing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Most Viewed