Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 13:08   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
For entering Bangalore, if you are headed to the eastern side like Whitefield, turn off the highway to the left side at Nandi Hills itself else continue straight and you will reach Bangalore Airport soon enough.
It is now better to drive up all the way till Hebbal and then take the Outer Ring Road if you are going to Whitefield/Indira Nagar etc as the flyovers have been completed and are now operational(the ones at Kalyan Nagar and the other one I cant remember the name).Ofcourse traffic would be present however moving.
Old 26th April 2012, 21:36   #602
Senior - BHPian

Traveled yesterday Banglore-Hyderabad.
No doubt one of the best roads to drive on.
The toll has been hiked at some booths between Goothy and Penukonda.
Old 27th April 2012, 08:28   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

I did Bangalore - Hyderabad last week and it was awesome.

It took 6 hours and 40 minutes including couple of breaks(15mins each). Fuel efficiency was 17.40 since it was a spirited drive.

Hebbal Flyover - 10:20 AM
Bangalore Airport - 10:50 AM
Hyderabad Airport - 4:35 PM
Madhapur - 5:00 PM

Also, came across the below accident which involved a Volvo XC60

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2753520
Old 27th April 2012, 12:35   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I did Bangalore - Hyderabad last week. It took 6 hours and 40 minutes including couple of breaks(15mins each). Fuel efficiency was 17.40 since it was a spirited drive.
I'm planning to drive from Hyderabad to Bangalore next week. How long would the trip take if I were to drive sedately (at or below 100 km/hr)? How much of the road consists of one-way (i.e. with a divider) roads, assuming airport-to-airport travel?

Also, are there any good restaurants along the highway to stop by for lunch? I'm hoping to avoid the dhabas (can't afford to have food poisoning during the trip) and a veg-only restaurant would be a plus.
Old 27th April 2012, 13:00   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I'm planning to drive from Hyderabad to Bangalore next week. How long would the trip take if I were to drive sedately (at or below 100 km/hr)? How much of the road consists of one-way (i.e. with a divider) roads, assuming airport-to-airport travel?

Also, are there any good restaurants along the highway to stop by for lunch? I'm hoping to avoid the dhabas (can't afford to have food poisoning during the trip) and a veg-only restaurant would be a plus.
driving sedately maintaining an average of 100kmph will get you to bangalore airport in 6 hours from hyderabad airport (excluding breaks).

List of good vegeterian places is quite small, but the reliance A1 plaza around 60kms from kurnool is above average, and Hotel Raviteja (not sure its a pure veg place), around 30Kms before ananthapur is another option.

I suggest starting around 3AM, if possible, and reaching bangalore airport by around 10AM. I found it to be the safer time, except for the 2KMs single road stretch after Hyderabad airport. After this the drive is a breeze, and the road is all four lane (two lanes either side of divider).

Imp. Note: look for stray animals (esp dogs/cows), and all the time, make sure your braking distance ahead of your car is well clear.

Have a safe and nice drive.
Old 27th April 2012, 18:34   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nitin,carry food with you.The restaurants mentioned are very erratic with their opening and closing times and the A1 at times does not open at all.Also if you are planning to leave very early none of these places would have anything to eat as you would cross all these places very early in the day.Carry packed food with you,this is the safest bet.BP COCO pumps at Kurnool,Gooty all accept cards.However carry adequate cash as the card machines are again not dependable.
Old 28th April 2012, 23:39   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

As ranjitp1 has mentioned its better to carry food or time the travel accordingly. If you can be near hyderabad airport by 7:00AM then you can reach bangalore for lunch. For fueling its better to carry some cash, but you will be also able to find bunks that accept credit card. During my return journey I filled my tank in a BP which is around 315 KMs(not sure about the exact location, it comes after a toll booth) from Gachibowli.

I started from Gachibowli at 3:30PM and reached Hebbal by 10:30PM, this includes 50mins break. Also, its was raining heavily during this journey for at least 2 hours.
Old 29th April 2012, 17:32   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie
I filled my tank in a BP which is around 315 KMs(not sure about the exact location, it comes after a toll booth) from Gachibowli.
That is the Gooty BP COCO pump.Almost all the pumps enroute now accept card in principle!
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 17:48   #609
Senior - BHPian

And also the prospective travelers should be aware of the eye watering toll to be paid.
Its almost equal to 470 something for a journey of 650 kms.
Old 29th April 2012, 19:46   #610
Senior - BHPian

The toll has gone up especially between Goothy and Penukonda.
Decent eating places one at Kamat near Chikaballapur another one is in Balanagar midway between Jadcherla and Shadnagar.
Refuelling options best in Goothy otherwise you have plenty on the highway.
Old 29th April 2012, 22:00   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
And also the prospective travelers should be aware of the eye watering toll to be paid.
Its almost equal to 470 something for a journey of 650 kms.
Yes, its 472 rupees,

Bagepalli Toll Plaza 60
Marur 90
Kasepalli 80
Amkathadu Toll Plaza 80
Pullur 65
Western Andhra 48
GMR Jadcherla 49
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:50   #612
Senior - BHPian

At around 80 paise/km the toll is high but not much higher (and in some cases lower) than on other NHs and expressways.

Consider that MPEW charges INR 165, MGEW charges around INR 80 IIRC and the GMR expressways around Jaipur are also similar. Overall toll from Hyderabad to Gurgaon as an example is INR 1373 for ~2100 kms via Pune/Mumbai + GQ, of which nearly 500 kms (NH9 or Baramati route between Hyd and Pune) is not a toll route. So it's once again around 80 paise/km.

NH44 between Hyd and Blr is *way* better in road surface quality than any of these highways I have mentioned.

Regards,
spadix
Old 6th May 2012, 07:52   #613
Senior - BHPian

The toll near Bangalore Intl airport has been stopped for now.So a reduction of 25rs one way.It is due to a stay order on the collection by the court.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 20:11   #614
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I know this is not the correct place to post this query, but I know most of you must be having ready answers.

It's been quite sometime since we went out as a family, and June seems to be the best time when all of us can go for a week's vacation. We are thinking of places like Ooty, Munnar and Kerala.

Does anyone know if Kochi can be reached from Ooty in a day, and how the road conditions are?

I do know that Ooty can be reached in a day's time from Hyd, unless traffic on the Mysore road holds us back. But will the roads be ok in June, keeping monsoons in mind?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: We can skip Munnar if it involves too much of a detour.

Last edited by vnabhi : 6th May 2012 at 20:12.
Old 6th May 2012, 21:39   #615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
It's been quite sometime since we went out as a family, and June seems to be the best time when all of us can go for a week's vacation. We are thinking of places like Ooty, Munnar and Kerala.
Munnar Kochi should be fine. Munnar Adimali Kothamangalam Mubattupuzha Ernakulam. You need to take NH49. That would be about 150 odd km.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed