Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2012, 22:42   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Munnar Kochi should be fine. Munnar Adimali Kothamangalam Mubattupuzha Ernakulam. You need to take NH49. That would be about 150 odd km.
Thanks. But is Munnar within a day's reach from Ooty? And how is the road condition?
Old 6th May 2012, 22:57   #617
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi

Thanks. But is Munnar within a day's reach from Ooty? And how is the road condition?
Yes it can be done. Its about 260km.

Ooty Metupalayam Annur Avinashi Palladam Udumalpet Munnar.

- Two hours to reach Metupalayam.
- Another two hours to reach Udumamlpet.
- Another three hours from Udumalpet.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:27   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

I know this is not the correct place to post this query, but I know most of you must be having ready answers.

It's been quite sometime since we went out as a family, and June seems to be the best time when all of us can go for a week's vacation. We are thinking of places like Ooty, Munnar and Kerala.

Does anyone know if Kochi can be reached from Ooty in a day, and how the road conditions are?

I do know that Ooty can be reached in a day's time from Hyd, unless traffic on the Mysore road holds us back. But will the roads be ok in June, keeping monsoons in mind?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: We can skip Munnar if it involves too much of a detour.
Looks like Kerala is on your radar next.June should be ok.The South West monsoon usually hits Kerala bang on June 14th.Its been like that from time immemorial.So you could plan accordingly.This year's prediction is for a normal monsoon so rains should be good.We do Hyd-Kerala almost every two months for the past one year and its an easy drive.

I would suggest that you do the circuit this way:

Day 1: Hyd-Salem(Hyd-BLR-HOSUR-SALEM)(12hrs)

Day 2:Salem-Perundurai-Avinashi-Palladam-Udumulpet-Chinnar WLS-Marayoor-Munnar (5hrs).However the Marayoor route is not in the best of shapes as of now,so the alternate option would be to take the route via Dindigul-Bathalangadu-Theni-Bodi-Munnar.Not much of difference in drive times.

Day 3:Munnar

Day 4:Munnar-Thekkady-AlleppeyBackwaters(Do a houseboat cruise and stay in the hotel on the mainland)

Day 5:Alleppey-Ernakulam(Take the KTDC boat cruise.It shows you the whole of Kochi via the waterways and also takes you to Mattancherry,Jew Town,Bolghatty Palace and the Cochin Harbor and all along the creek)Its a lovely way to see Kochi.Stay the night in Ernakulam

Day 6:Ernakulam-Valparai.This is a very scenic route through the Sholayar forest range.Should take more than 4hours the drive.Enroute you could also see Athirappilly-Vazhachal Waterfalls.Stay the night at Valparai(Sinnadorai Bungalow as mentioned by Fauji is an excellent option.expensive as well.There are innumerable homestays as well)

Day 7:Valparai-Pollachi-Coimbatore(L&T Bypass)-NH47-Avinashi-Annur-Mettupalayam-Kotagiri-Ooty.

Day 8:Ooty

Day 9:Either leave or stay back one more night.The Valparai road from Kerala was closed recently,we would need to check if its open again.

Let me know in case you need any more info.Glad to help.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh to Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh - Google Maps

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 7th May 2012 at 12:33.
ranjitp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 08:42   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

I am planning to drive (alone) to Hyderabad from Bangalore.

I have a meeting on Sunday morning near Secunderabad Club area, I need to pick up a friend at LB Nagar before heading to this meeting.

Please suggest if this plan sounds OK:

1. Start from Bangalore on Saturday after breakfast.
2. Drive down to Novotel (Near Hyd Airport) by dinner time. Stay overnight.
3. Check out on Sunday morning, pick up a friend in LB Nagar area
4. Attend the meeting near Secunderabad Club area
5. Leave for Bangalore (I can afford to come to Bangalore late)

How is the following route suggested by Google maps?
Name:  Picture 4.png
Views: 9089
Size:  588.7 KB

Anything else I should be prepared for?

Thanks.
Old 2nd June 2012, 21:59   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post

I have a meeting on Sunday morning near Secunderabad Club area, I need to pick up a friend at LB Nagar before heading to this meeting.

Thanks.
The route you posted looks fine. Being Sunday, you should not get into any traffic hurdles on the stretch from LB Nagar to Uppal.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 04:32   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post

Attachment 935285

Thanks.
+1 to Vnabhi for the perfect update.

Since you plan to start from BLR after breakfast (I assume that means around 10am), you would reach Airport Novotel around 6pm (5 to 7 pm depending on where you start from BLR), well in time to rest a bit and freshen up for dinner.

For the return, since your meeting is in the morning hours, you would finish it by or before lunch time. I propose that you halt at "Paradise" for the legendary Hyderabad biryani (they start by 12:30 pm and the best venue is Persis Gold on 2nd floor).

Unless you need to drop your friend at LB Nagar, you can travel via Tank Bund, Secretariat, Saifabad, Lakdi-Ka-Pul, Masab Tank and take the PVNR Expressway to NH7 and thence HYD airport and further on to BLR (there will not be much traffic being post lunch time in this 42-43 temperatures apart from being a sunday). You would be able to do this stretch in around an hour or even lesser despite it being your first time.

Here is the route map :
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...a=1,3&t=m&z=11

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 3rd June 2012 at 04:36.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:26   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
+1 to Vnabhi for the perfect update.

Since you plan to start from BLR after breakfast (I assume that means around 10am), you would reach Airport Novotel around 6pm (5 to 7 pm depending on where you start from BLR), well in time to rest a bit and freshen up for dinner.

For the return, since your meeting is in the morning hours, you would finish it by or before lunch time. I propose that you halt at "Paradise" for the legendary Hyderabad biryani (they start by 12:30 pm and the best venue is Persis Gold on 2nd floor).

Unless you need to drop your friend at LB Nagar, you can travel via Tank Bund, Secretariat, Saifabad, Lakdi-Ka-Pul, Masab Tank and take the PVNR Expressway to NH7 and thence HYD airport and further on to BLR (there will not be much traffic being post lunch time in this 42-43 temperatures apart from being a sunday). You would be able to do this stretch in around an hour or even lesser despite it being your first time.

Here is the route map :
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...a=1,3&t=m&z=11
Thanks hyd_traveller! I am not sure of the plan after the meeting, but will keep in mind what you suggested.
Old 5th June 2012, 01:20   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Day 9:Either leave or stay back one more night.The Valparai road from Kerala was closed recently,we would need to check if its open again.

Let me know in case you need any more info.Glad to help.
Off topic but couldnt find a better thread to ask this question.

I am planning a holiday to Valparai, via alappuzha. How are the road conditions around Sholayar and Athirapally, can a small car handle it?
Also will the road be closed at this time (Mid-June).

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by lazyrider : 5th June 2012 at 01:27.
Old 5th June 2012, 06:59   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrider

Off topic but couldnt find a better thread to ask this question.

I am planning a holiday to Valparai, via alappuzha. How are the road conditions around Sholayar and Athirapally, can a small car handle it?
Also will the road be closed at this time (Mid-June).

Any help is appreciated.
Roads are excellent now.No problems for a low gc/small car in the areas.can easily do it.during rains the roads after vazhachal would see a fair amount of fog.Roads would be very much open mid june.roads are closed from 6pm to 6am but effectively it means that the border CPs wouldnt let you in after 4pm from either side.

Route Alleppey chalakudy (via nh47)right turn to atgirappilly and onwards to sholayar.Be wary of dense fog if it begins to rain.advisable to plan your drive between 8am and 3pm.kandankulathy has a good resort at athirapilly.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 19:33   #625
BHPian

I have to pick up my friend at Bangalore airport on the way from Hyderabad to Salem, I should be reaching Bangalore around 6:00 PM, Is there a way to avoid the city traffic? I want to reach Salem by 10:00PM, Google maps shows a route from Devanahalli to Hosur via Hoskote, will this route have lesser traffic?
Old 5th June 2012, 20:25   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrider View Post
I have to pick up my friend at Bangalore airport on the way from Hyderabad to Salem, I should be reaching Bangalore around 6:00 PM, Is there a way to avoid the city traffic? I want to reach Salem by 10:00PM, Google maps shows a route from Devanahalli to Hosur via Hoskote, will this route have lesser traffic?
I am assuming that it is a weekday. So you should avoid ORR considering 6PM-8PM time.
You can take this route
Bengaluru International Airport Terminal to Hosur, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps

Last edited by sriturl : 5th June 2012 at 20:43. Reason: slight change in route
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 21:20   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I am assuming that it is a weekday. So you should avoid ORR considering 6PM-8PM time.
You can take this route
Bengaluru International Airport Terminal to Hosur, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps
Its on a saturday, should that reduce the traffic on the ORR?
Old 6th June 2012, 09:24   #628
BHPian

hi guys,

i was planning a trip to mumbai this 9th, but there's a change in plans. Majority says we should head south. So i have planned..

hyd-kodai-munnar-ooty-hyd

Please help me with route to take and current road conditions. All other inputs like accomodation etc will be appreciated.

I also wanted to know exactly how i can bypass bangalore by taking the hosur route? last time i lost 2-3 hours there.

Problem areas: bypass bangalore, route to kodai, kodai to munnar route?, munnar to ooty?

Thanks.

Last edited by unoczar : 6th June 2012 at 09:28. Reason: problem areas
Old 6th June 2012, 10:40   #629
Senior - BHPian

There is thread by ampere about bypassing Banglore.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html.
Hope this helps
Old 6th June 2012, 11:19   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrider View Post
Its on a saturday, should that reduce the traffic on the ORR?
I think you should still stick to the Devanahalli route, which I mentioned before. You will get only 2/3 signals(lights) in the entire stretch upto TN border.
Just to explain in detail.

1. Follow directions for Hyderabad from Airport to come out.(Do not go towards Bangalore)
2. Enter Devanahalli town at the next bypass, the first entrance
3. Take right after the Devanahalli police station(PS will be on your left) There will be bus stand also on left when you are taking right.
4. Continue on the road. Once you enter this road, there may be a little confusion as there is a small fork. Continue on left side. You will find Axis bank and south indian bank ATMs on your right.
5. Continue straight on this road until the next right turn. There is a speed breaker now before the turn. So, take right after speed breaker. You will find a big board which says hoskote, Electronic City, whitefiled etc. Follow that route till you hit NH4. There are a few villages, where you will hit speed breakers, be careful with those.
6. Once you hit NH4, you will find a fly over.
7. Take left, and take right under the next fly over. Be on right lane and do not miss.
8. Once you are on the whitefield road, (marked as SH35 on map) continue straight. You will pass whitefield, get a flyover over white field rly stn, and continue straight. You will hit the first traffic light.
9. Continue straight, and you will find forum value mall on your left after some distance. After this, there is an intersection of sort, where there is a leftish turn at a high mast light, take left there. In case of doubt, ask people for way to Varthur at the intersection just after Forum value mall.
10. You will go next to Varthur lake, pass Varthur village etc., and continue on that road till you reach Sarjapur road. Take left on Sarjapur road, and continue upto Sarjapur village, and then rake right to Attibele.

In case of doubt after Varthur, ask people for directions to Attibele. You will find many TN, KL vehicles taking that route anyway.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks