Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 10:05   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Bangalore - Latest Road Conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Where exactly were these? Were they at either end of the bypass or somewhere in the middle? It would help others to know, because I don't remember encountering speed-breakers on the AP section of the new NH7 except for one or two just after Gooty (while driving to Blr). But this was almost 2 years back.

There are two huge speedbreakers.
One while coming from Banglore the starting of Chikaballapur bypass.
Second while coming from Banglore after crossing the second flyover in the
Ananthpur bypass there is an intersection at this place there are huge speedbreakers

Last edited by Aditya : 7th August 2015 at 07:31. Reason: Fixing quote tag
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 10:43   #647
BHPian

I do not remember speed breakers in AP, Only speed breakers are at Chikkaballapur by pass (1) and devanahalli by pass (2)
Old 20th June 2012, 19:21   #648
BHPian

CNG Stations : Hyderabad - Bangalore - NH7?

All,

Any one has an idea if there are any CNG filling stations on NH7 -- hyderabad - banglore Route? ( Especially near kurnool )

Have looked at the bhagyanagar gas which provides the CNG in andhra, they are operating CNG in four cities right now, no update on which are the new ones coming up.

thank You.
Old 21st June 2012, 05:35   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed
All,

Any one has an idea if there are any CNG filling stations on NH7 -- hyderabad - banglore Route? ( Especially near kurnool )

Have looked at the bhagyanagar gas which provides the CNG in andhra, they are operating CNG in four cities right now, no update on which are the new ones coming up.

thank You.
I have a vague memory that the Reliance pump at Dhone has CNG(cant confirm).I also remember seeing a new CNG pump after you exit Kurnool town.
Old 21st June 2012, 06:40   #650
Senior - BHPian

Re: CNG filling Stations -- Hyderabad -- Bangalore - NH7

There are no CNG filling stations on NH-7, as CNG is not used as a fuel in South India except Hyderabad.
Old 21st June 2012, 09:56   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk
There are no CNG filling stations on NH-7, as CNG is not used as a fuel in South India except Hyderabad.
So then would those pumps be selling LPG?those pumps definitely sell some gas either lpg or cng.
Old 21st June 2012, 12:22   #652
Senior - BHPian

Go Gas has an outlet at Prodattur (out of Kurnool),though not sure if it has CNG as well,it definitely has Auto LPG afaik.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Go+...m&z=16&iwloc=A
Old 21st June 2012, 12:49   #653
BHPian

Guys, need some advice. I need to travel to Hyd from Bangalore for the weekend and am confused between taking a bus or driving. I drive regularly to Kerala from Bangalore, but have not driven to Hyderabad yet.
If driving, I plan to start by 3.30-4AM on sat morning from Bangalore. When can I expect to reach miyapur?
Also, return I plan to start at 3.30-4AM on Monday morning to Bangalore. The catch here is I need to reach whitefield in the afternoon, say around 1pm. Is it possible with a safe leisurely drive on the highway?
Old 21st June 2012, 13:01   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Guys, need some advice. I need to travel to Hyd from Bangalore for the weekend and am confused between taking a bus or driving. I drive regularly to Kerala from Bangalore, but have not driven to Hyderabad yet.
If driving, I plan to start by 3.30-4AM on sat morning from Bangalore. When can I expect to reach miyapur?
Also, return I plan to start at 3.30-4AM on Monday morning to Bangalore. The catch here is I need to reach whitefield in the afternoon, say around 1pm. Is it possible with a safe leisurely drive on the highway?
The drive can be done in 8 hrs ( airport to airport ) in a leisurely fashion.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:49   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Go Gas has an outlet at Prodattur (out of Kurnool),though not sure if it has CNG as well,it definitely has Auto LPG afaik.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Go+...m&z=16&iwloc=A
Thank you for the replies.

@Ranjitp1 : the filling station you are referring to fills only LPG, i called them up and got the info. below is the link with the complete address and details .
List of Auto LPG Dispensing Stations (ALDS) In Andhra Pradesh

i spoke to another dealer he said that CNG will be available at selected bharat petroleum filling stations , this might happen in 6-9 months.

Looks like its better for me to run my Santro on Petrol as the filling stations are not available.

Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 14:51   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
G
BLR-HYD NH7 is by far the best road in the country today,better than what you see between BLR-Salem-Avinashi-CBE-Walayar-Thrissur.

This is almost an airfield tarmac.Yes,eating facilities dont exist on the highway after Chikballapur-Kamat Upachar till Shamshabad.

Plenty of BP COCO Petrol pumps.All accept credit cards.Like Srini has already mentioned,airport to airport can be easily done in 8hrs leisurely pace.4am from Blr should see you touch HYD by 12pm.Once you reach Shamshabad,you would see a maze of flyovers and interchanges,take the left ramp onto the Outer Ring Road pointing towards Gachibowli.Be on the ORR till Gachibowli.At Gachibowli,go straight below the flyover and take slight left and the roads ends up at Miyapur.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...sz=14&t=m&z=15

Feel free to pm me in case you need any more details.Godspeed and have a good stay at Hyd.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 19:36   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Thank you for the replies.

@Ranjitp1 : the filling station you are referring to fills only LPG, i called them up and got the info. below is the link with the complete address and details .
List of Auto LPG Dispensing Stations (ALDS) In Andhra Pradesh

i spoke to another dealer he said that CNG will be available at selected bharat petroleum filling stations , this might happen in 6-9 months.

Looks like its better for me to run my Santro on Petrol as the filling stations are not available.

Thanks
I have seen at least 2 HP filling stations with a CNG board above one of the dispenser, locations is after you pass the Zoo Park and head onto NH7, both are located on the left hand side. Any idea if CNG is available at these outlets?

if they do then i am thinking we will have at least one HP filling station on NH7 where CNG is available.

I was not able to enquire as it was 1 am in the morning when i was returning.

Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 17:19   #658
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
As you plan to leave early, you will beat city traffic at Bangalore till Hebbal and Devanahalli. So even if you drive leisurely, you can reach Miyapur in 9 hours, with breaks for breakfast, refilling fuel, etc.

I can give you my travel timings on last Sunday and yesterday:-
  1. Left Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad on June 17th at 3:15 pm.
  2. Passed Shamshabad Jn at 3:45 pm.
  3. Passed Kurnool at 6:35 pm, after driving through very heavy rain for nearly an hour.
  4. Stopped at Reliance A1 plaza, Dhone for refreshments for 30 minutes from 7 pm to 7:30 pm
  5. Filled up petrol at Gooty bunk around 8 pm
  6. Passed Ananthapur and Chickbellapur and reached Devanahalli Jn at 10:40 pm
  7. Reached Brigade Road McD at 11:20 pm for dinner.
Therefore the total drive time was 8 hours, including stops on the way. Airport to airport was around 7 hours, including breaks. I was forced by heavy rain and wet roads to drive at speeds below 100 mostly, except from Ananthapur to Devanahalli.

Therefore you can safely assume 9 hours from point to point.

My return yesterday was a speed run on dry roads. Left Brigade Road at 3:30 pm and was home by 10:45 pm, after a break of 20 minutes at BPCL Ghar Dhaba after Kunrool. Airport to airport was 5.5 hours. But please do not use this as a benchmark.

Wish you a safe journey. Drive safe.
Old 10th July 2012, 06:47   #659
BHPian

I thought that Hyd -> Blr was doable in 6 hrs. Am I mistaken on my assumptions ?

Any options for good fuel bunks as I exit Bangalore on my return ?
Old 10th July 2012, 07:59   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I thought that Hyd -> Blr was doable in 6 hrs. Am I mistaken on my assumptions ?

Any options for good fuel bunks as I exit Bangalore on my return ?
Easily doable in 6hrs. Traffic is sparse once you cross devanahalli/BLR airport till you reach Shamshabad/HYD airport.

Most Viewed