Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2012, 15:11   #721
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Hi Guys,

I travelled on 29th Sept 2012 from Bangalore to Hyderabad;I am sorry for updating my road trip after two weeks.

Hope the below details shall help others who are planning in the same route (BLR-HYD):

*I started from my home (@K.S.Town,BG-60) at around 6.30 am with my family (wife,2yr old kid and my car-WagonR)
*Crossed BIAL at around 7.15am
*Spent 10min in the long Q in the toll soon after BIAL
*Reached Kamat at 7.50am. Had some coffee and started at 8.20am
*Reached Anantpur at 10.10am. Stopped for breakfast. Had packed some food from home so ate it at the road side.
*Started again at 10.45am
*Reached Kurnool at 12 noon. Here I covered 130kms in 1hr15min. It took sometime to come out of the Kurnool,even though it was a bypass there was a slow moving traffic. Felt like I am crossing the Maddur bypass on the way to Mysore.
*Reached ghar dhaba and took break for lunch. Food was not great here, however,no that bad. My daughter wanted to play in the small garden attached to the restaurant so too rest for 1hr
*After lunch started at 1.30pm and crossed the airport at Hyd at sharp 3.30pm and reached my home in Madhuranagar at sharp 4.00pm.

I had a very pleasent drive. Before taking up this trip I was very skeptical about completing this journey without a over night halt. I even asked plenty of our guys in this forum about this. I even planned for the halt and had discussed this with my wife. However, the road is too good and is inviting. So I never had any sort of problem while driving,made it very comfortably.

I thank our members for their valuable inputs for my queries re this trip.

Thanks again!

Best,

Sanjeev

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th October 2012 at 07:07.
sanju.iitm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 18:13   #722
Senior - BHPian

Anyone done BLR-HYD as an overnight drive of late? I am planning to start from BLR around 11 PM and hit HYD by daybreak. Any risks? Any restaurants open at that hour?
Old 13th October 2012, 18:50   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Anyone done BLR-HYD as an overnight drive of late? I am planning to start from BLR around 11 PM and hit HYD by daybreak. Any risks? Any restaurants open at that hour?
Apart from your comfort levels with night drives there are no other issues in doing this stretch at night.Traffic would be sparse(no difference between night or day).11pm means you should be at Basheerbagh by 7am latest.No restaurants whatsoever enroute(there are none during the day either).No risks or safety issues.If you feel sleepy,pull over at any of the petrol pumps(if you are keeping the a/c running make sure u have a bit of the window open) and sleep,dont stop on the roadside to sleep.Around 600kms of drive.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 19:09   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Apart from your comfort levels with night drives there are no other issues in doing this stretch at night.Traffic would be sparse(no difference between night or day).11pm means you should be at Basheerbagh by 7am latest.No restaurants whatsoever enroute(there are none during the day either).No risks or safety issues.If you feel sleepy,pull over at any of the petrol pumps(if you are keeping the a/c running make sure u have a bit of the window open) and sleep,dont stop on the roadside to sleep.Around 600kms of drive.
As ranjit mentioned, unless you are feeling sleepy, there will be no issues.

CCD beside Hotel Hillpark (drive-in restaurent) will be open 24x7. (I used to wake those guys around 2-3am ) But you have to cross the road, parking the car on the opposite direction (just before balanagar police station)

GPS Coordinates are 16.984522, 78.190740.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=16.98...7&z=19&iwloc=A

Which day are you planning to travel?
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 19:10   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit. I have done BLR-HYD multiple times before but never as an overnight drive. Also, I will get on to Nehru RR since I am driving on to NGP and not halting at HYD. I believe the Ring Road is not yet complete all the way till NH-7 and I would still need to take the Gachibowli-Miyanpur-Medchal route, correct?
Old 13th October 2012, 21:25   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit. I have done BLR-HYD multiple times before but never as an overnight drive. Also, I will get on to Nehru RR since I am driving on to NGP and not halting at HYD. I believe the Ring Road is not yet complete all the way till NH-7 and I would still need to take the Gachibowli-Miyanpur-Medchal route, correct?
Yes the ORR is still not officially open for the Gachibowli NH7(Nagpur side)section.You would have to go via Miyapur
Old 13th October 2012, 21:26   #727
BHPian

Quote:
I believe the Ring Road is not yet complete all the way till NH-7 and I would still need to take the Gachibowli-Miyanpur-Medchal route, correct?
Hi Cool_dube,
Yes, the ring road from shamshabad to NH7 is not complete, its completed only till Patancheru (NH 9 to Mumbai). You need to take the Gachibowli - Miyapur - Kukatpally - Medchal route. Since you would be traveling during early hours traffic would be less in above route and it will be easy to get on to NH7. Incase of delay, you can take the Gachibowli - Miaypur cross roads - Gandimysamma junction - NH 7 route. This will be easy during day time (after 8 AM in hyd)

- Srinivas.R
sriswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 21:50   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Hi Cool_dube,
Yes, the ring road from shamshabad to NH7 is not complete, its completed only till Patancheru (NH 9 to Mumbai). You need to take the Gachibowli - Miyapur - Kukatpally - Medchal route. Since you would be traveling during early hours traffic would be less in above route and it will be easy to get on to NH7. Incase of delay, you can take the Gachibowli - Miaypur cross roads - Gandimysamma junction - NH 7 route. This will be easy during day time (after 8 AM in hyd)

- Srinivas.R
Quote:
This is the route that Srinivas has referred to:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=U...sz=13&t=m&z=13
Old 14th October 2012, 00:21   #729
BHPian

Quote:
No worries at all.
I have done this a few times in last 2 years. In fact this is the most peaceful time on this road. While coming from Bangy, the road will be almost all yours till Kurnool. Only on the Kurnool - Hyd stretch you will find some traffic.
I do it with family and have never felt unsafe.
Regarding restaurants, no proper eateries will be open,except the CCD near Hyderabad, but you will find the small roadside dhaba type joints serving tea. And I enjoy stopping at these small tea stalls and have a cup of tea.
In fact I will be going again to Bangy next saturday night.
9tMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 10:00   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the ring road from shamshabad to NH7 is not complete
Quote:
This is the route that Srinivas has referred to
Thanks guys! This is what I usually do to bypass HYD. Is there a better option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
No worries at all. I have done this a few times in last 2 years.
Sounds good - thanks! Will most probably do it as an overnight journey this time.
Old 14th October 2012, 10:10   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Also, I will get on to Nehru RR since I am driving on to NGP and not halting at HYD. I would still need to take the Gachibowli-Miyanpur-Medchal route, correct?
Quote:
You need to take the Gachibowli - Miyapur - Kukatpally - Medchal route. Since you would be traveling during early hours traffic would be less in above route and it will be easy to get on to NH7. Incase of delay, you can take the Gachibowli - Miaypur cross roads - Gandimysamma junction - NH 7 route. This will be easy during day time (after 8 AM in hyd)
If you touch Hyderabad's Shamshabad Airport by or before 6 in the morning, I suggest going through the city (there are a few stretches on the Miyapur route which are pretty isolated that early in the morning, though no incidents have been reported but why should become the first case or add to statistics) as per the directions in this map : https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=B...via=1&t=m&z=10
Quote:
This is the route that Srinivas has referred to:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=U...sz=13&t=m&z=13
Hi Ranjit, I would suggest a change to the route you have given. I suggest that after reaching Bowrampet (Gandimysamma Junction), do not continue towards Kompally (via Bahadurpally Satyam) to touch NH7 but take the road leading to Medchal Lake directly to reach NH7 which will help save time and distance both (the road is in good condition and was recently used by ArcotSrinivas, Ardy, Motoring Lover among others during the Nizamabad Drive Meet in September).
Here is the one I suggest : https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...via=1&t=m&z=10

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 14th October 2012 at 10:12.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 13:25   #732
BHPian

Did Blr-Hyd last weekend. Awesome drive. I've touched insane and illeagal speeds. Did not find any eatories on the way. Had lunch at Yagnesh Virat, at Jadcherla, exactly 82 kms from Hyd. Good one, with decent toilets. When I think about it now, its a good idea to leave blr by 6am, have your own bf on the way, and reach this place for lunch and carry on. Also, noticed that most of the major fuel pumps have okaish toilets. Also, feel free to use amphitheatres liberally. Thank you.
Old 5th November 2012, 10:01   #733
BHPian

Hi Guys, I am planning to travel to Hyd from Blr this weekend.I am going to this place called BarkatPura (landmark : Woodland Hospital). Google map shows the shortest route :

I do not trust google maps blindly because a few times I found roads almost non-existant or no fit for travel but shown in G-map. So I need help in getting to this place with minimum traffic, I do not mind going extra few KMs to avoid traffic bottlenecks.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-to_kachiguda_hyd.jpg  

Old 5th November 2012, 11:26   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr
Hi Guys, I am planning to travel to Hyd from Blr this weekend.I am going to this place called BarkatPura (landmark : Woodland Hospital). Google map shows the shortest route :

I do not trust google maps blindly because a few times I found roads almost non-existant or no fit for travel but shown in G-map. So I need help in getting to this place with minimum traffic, I do not mind going extra few KMs to avoid traffic bottlenecks.
The GM route is correct that is the easiest way to get there.Bear in mind NOT to take the PVN Rao elevated expressway from NH7,instead keep to the left and go via the Zoo and you should be ok.Expect heavy traffic from the zoo onwards.
Old 5th November 2012, 11:50   #735
BHPian

Quote:
The GM route is correct that is the easiest way to get there.Bear in mind NOT to take the PVN Rao elevated expressway from NH7,instead keep to the left and go via the Zoo and you should be ok.Expect heavy traffic from the zoo onwards.
I am reaching Hyd on 10-Nov afternoon (will start from Blr in the morning) and will leave from Hyd on 13-Nov early morning. That leaves me with 2 whole days (Sunday & Monday)and a few hours on Saturday. I'll be staying at Kachiguda. The places I am planning to visit are Golkonda Fort, Salarjung Musuem, Charminar, Hussain Sagar Tank and if possible Hyd Zoo. Can all these be fitted in 2 and a half days?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks