Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 20:02   #781
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

From my ownership thread, on the Blore-HYD leg of a long journey :

This August i did a good long trip . The Mamba behaved to the dot. It was an absolute pleasure, and absolutely no complaints.

Bangalore- HYD was a breeze. There isn't anyplace where you can stopover for a bite. You miss one and feel that you will stop at the next, be warned, there is nothing waiting for you. Stop at the first eatery you see or go hungry. Watch out for incoming traffic towards Kurnool stretch where all forms of drivers from Activas to JCBs think its their birth right to drive in the opposite direction on a divided highway. I had 2 close calls, but the warning I read in Blore-HYD threads had kept me on my toes. HYD city driving is as bad as Blore is, so I felt at Home .
Old 18th December 2012, 21:53   #782
BHPian

Thanks guys I filled in at a HP COCO Pump. There is a horrible speed breaker just after Gooty before Anantpur. So please be careful in this stretch.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:27   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Thanks guys I filled in at a HP COCO Pump. There is a horrible speed breaker just after Gooty before Anantpur. So please be careful in this stretch.
Exactly my thoughts. That one comes soon after a sharp left curve, and is bound to catch you unawares.
Old 1st January 2013, 10:13   #784
BHPian

Took the NH7 Hyderabad highway on Sunday as part of my trip from Maharashtra to Bangalore. The Nehru ORR was used to cross Hyderabad (More details about the NH7-NH7 ORR bypass posted here) and this was the highlight of the drive. I took just 35 minutes to bypass Hyderabad from NH7 to NH7!

The HYD-BLR toll came to 504 including toll for the ORR. Here is the breakup:

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-hydblr-toll.jpg

Taking ample breaks, I took 7 hours and 15 minutes from Shamshabad to Indiranagar in Bangalore.
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:47   #785
BHPian

Had a great time in Hyderabad last week. Many thanks to hyd_traveller,ranjitp1,mobike008 and silverwood for the pointers and help

My impression
1. Highway is really good. I was driving my SX4 at 140 without any issues. 10/10 for the NHAI.It was worth spending toll money Hope we get such highways all over India
2. In hyd, roads are much better maintained compared to Blr where we find pot holes every where but folks were driving like crazy without any indicators (No offense to anyone)
3. Ramoji city is a big joke with few rides at the cost of 700 bucks. No proper lunch arrangement . I was expecting some truncated version of Universal studios but it was no where to it.
4. Stay was good though reserved room was given to someone and later when we created an issue there they arrange in another property. Property is good but managing folks need to understand someone has booked in advance so that there is no issues to checkin. Anyway stay away from Ivorysands or better have another backup
4. Food wow Biryani wow and wow just want to say Yeh Dil mange more

Once again big shout for all team bhpians for chalking out my travel

Last edited by aka_iitd : 2nd January 2013 at 12:51.
Old 2nd January 2013, 13:13   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I took just 35 minutes to bypass Hyderabad from NH7 to NH7!
But for the new stretch of the ORR that was commissioned only a couple of weeks back, you'd have taken more than 90 minutes to cross through the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
The HYD-BLR toll came to 504 including toll for the ORR. Here is the breakup:

Attachment 1033210

Taking ample breaks, I took 7 hours and 15 minutes from Shamshabad to Indiranagar in Bangalore.
You've covered very good speeds, and they match with mine during my June trip. I could check my toll gate receipt timings and they almost match with yours.

That place marked '??' in your chart does not have a name. My receipt says 'L&T Western Andhra Tollways Ltd' and the amount was Rs 48 in June.
Old 2nd January 2013, 13:53   #787
BHPian

Folks, a stupid question perhaps, planning to drive from bangy to hyd on the 5th and back on 7th. Will the toll charges be 504 x 2 or does one batch of 504 cover the return?
Old 2nd January 2013, 14:36   #788
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Folks, a stupid question perhaps, planning to drive from bangy to hyd on the 5th and back on 7th. Will the toll charges be 504 x 2 or does one batch of 504 cover the return?
Toll charges as indicated are 504(1 way), so you will have to pay 504 each way, since you are travelling on different dates, on the highway.
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:12   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
But for the new stretch of the ORR that was commissioned only a couple of weeks back, you'd have taken more than 90 minutes to cross through the city.
I dreaded going through the city because I had already driven about 680 kms before entering the city and I'd probably have been exhausted by the time I came out at Shamshabad. Good that the ORR stretch was opened to public just in time for my driving plans to take shape! Even then, I had buffered two hours for crossing the city. So it was a pleasant surprise finally.
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:37   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Many thanks to hyd_traveller,ranjitp1,mobike008 and silverwood for the pointers and help
You are welcome.
Quote:
Ramoji city is a big joke with few rides at the cost of 700 bucks. No proper lunch arrangement . I was expecting some truncated version of Universal studios but it was no where to it
You should have gone for the platinum or some-name-like-that-package, if it still exists. Super expensive but real comfortable as it includes welcome drink, water, snacks, lunch and much much more.
Quote:
Anyway stay away from Ivorysands or better have another backup
I got a call from Silverwood but could not talk to him as I was playing cricket on an island on Brahmputra (called Sand Bar) upstream of Guwahati. Sad to know about your stay fiasco.

Yes, all to please stay away from Ivory Sands Serviced Apartments at Hyderabad as they have no clue about basics of hospitality despite being in the industry.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:56   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway stay away from Ivorysands or better have another backup
4. Food wow Biryani wow and wow just want to say Yeh Dil mange more
Where all did you eat.? Please narrate your experience on Hyderabad food thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

Yes, all to please stay away from Ivory Sands Serviced Apartments at Hyderabad as they have no clue about basics of hospitality despite being in the industry.
Bajaj Sahb:

We need to find a replacement soon.
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:27   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are welcome.

Is this the one Silverwood stayed in last month? If so, how about Polo apartments opposite Silverwood's old flat?
Old 7th January 2013, 10:23   #793
BHPian

Had been through Bangalore-Hyderabad highway on 5th January. Left Devanahalli by 4:45am. Once you leave B'lore suburbs, roads are excellent. Before Ananthapur, watch for unmarked humps in many intersections. That is really painful as you will literally fly over these humps. Total time taken from Devanahalli to Shamshabad is 7hrs. Roads are deserted and hardly any traffic till 9AM.

Last edited by cosmopolitan : 7th January 2013 at 10:25. Reason: Date wrongly put
Old 11th January 2013, 12:34   #794
Senior - BHPian

Did a Hyd-Blr-Hyd drive as a part of a drive to Kerala and back.Nothing new to report on this stretch,except that the old Reliance A1 at Dhone (between Kurnool and Gooty)has reopened under some new name the new owners are serious about running the place well-atleast for now they look serious.Washrooms were being cleaned etc.But I wouldnt bank on it.

Took the ORR from Karimnagar road till Shamshabad,its an extra 40kms and 30rs toll for me as opposed to my regular route from Sainikpuri to Shamshabad.Took it just for the heck of it.Convenient for people bypassing Hyderabad.I observed that Hyd-Kurnool traffic has increased exponentially now a days-a perfect example of what road connectivity does.

Quote:

You should have gone for the platinum or some-name-like-that-package
Yes that still exists-The Star experience and is the best way to see RFC.Priced at 1350 iirc.

Quote:
I got a call from Silverwood but could not talk to him as I was playing cricket on an island on Brahmputra (called Sand Bar) upstream of Guwahati
I saw that you were in Guwahati on Glat,hope you had a wonderful time

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 11th January 2013 at 12:40.
Old 14th January 2013, 16:31   #795
BHPian

Did this stretch on my way to Thiruvananthapuram. Details including the latest Toll details are available in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3014724

Most Viewed