Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 09:43   #796
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

I did a Bangalore-Hyderabad on 2-Feb and Hyderabad-bangalore on 3-Feb. Return drive took less than 7 hours. Roads can be rated almost 9.5/10. I'm really looking forward to write a detailed report/travelogue once I get some time off work :-)
Manas5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 09:42   #797
Distinguished - BHPian

First time came across security related issue on this route. What is funny is how police even on catching the criminal and vehicle didnt try to check to whom the vehicle belonged.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18381998.cms
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2013, 10:09   #798
BHPian

Stopping at a lonely area on a highway is always a risk.

Earlier when I was travelling with my family to Hyderabad, I stopped 10kms before kurnool for a quick nap, where, within 5 minutes I was alerted by a police constable on patrol, not to stop at that place, as it well known for robberies, and also he suggested to stop near any toll gate, so that there would be security personnel manning the toll booths. All this happened around 11:30pm.

From that point, I always made sure that I only stop for quick naps at toll booths only and nowhere in the middle of lonely highways.
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 22:22   #799
BHPian

I travel on a weekly basis from Bangalore to Toranagallu via Anantapur. I normally start from Bangalore at 5.00 am and reach Anantapur by 7.30 am. I need any help on recommendations for breakfast joints between Bangalore and Anantapur.
Old 11th February 2013, 09:43   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs
I travel on a weekly basis from Bangalore to Toranagallu via Anantapur. I normally start from Bangalore at 5.00 am and reach Anantapur by 7.30 am. I need any help on recommendations for breakfast joints between Bangalore and Anantapur.
There are no eating joints worth any mention on this stretch of NH7 afaik.The only option is the Kamat Upachar at Chikballapur attached to a BP COCO.Opens at 6am and closes by 11pm.
Old 14th February 2013, 21:46   #801
BHPian

Planning to drive Blr->Hyd on 20/21st Feb and return on 25th.
Understand there are some political bandhs that I might encounter on the way.
Any inputs in this regards are appreciated.
Old 14th February 2013, 22:38   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet
Planning to drive Blr->Hyd on 20/21st Feb and return on 25th.
Understand there are some political bandhs that I might encounter on the way.
Any inputs in this regards are appreciated.
There is a Highway bandh planned for the 24th of Feb and I see that you are not travelling on that day,so you are good to travel.Even the 24th bandh from the looks of it does not look like it would hinder vehicular movement a great deal maybe a few hours in the worst case(ofcourse just speculation at the moment)
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 09:34   #803
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to do Hyd - Blr on my bullet starting around 6:00 am in the morning. Just wanted to check if anyone has done this stretch on a two wheeler recently and what are the lessons learnt.

Also it will be great if anyone can provide any rough cost for the toll on a 2 wheeler for this trip.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:52   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Also it will be great if anyone can provide any rough cost for the toll on a 2 wheeler for this trip.
I don't think two wheelers have toll in NHAI highways. Also you would be knowing that Hyderabad ORR is out of bounds for bikes. So you have to take city roads to reach Bangalore highway.
Old 15th February 2013, 10:13   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I am planning to do Hyd - Blr on my bullet starting around 6:00 am in the morning. Just wanted to check if anyone has done this stretch on a two wheeler recently and what are the lessons learnt.

Hi,

I have done Bangalore to Hyderabad on my RD 350. Flat tyre and empty tank apart all good (Empty tank can be avoided ). No toll for bikes.
Old 15th February 2013, 10:23   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
Hi,

I have done Bangalore to Hyderabad on my RD 350. Flat tyre and empty tank apart all good (Empty tank can be avoided ). No toll for bikes.
Thanks, I am really happy to know that there is no toll for bikes, but yes, I do have the fear of flat tyres as I am planning to travel alone and this can be a real pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
I don't think two wheelers have toll in NHAI highways. Also you would be knowing that Hyderabad ORR is out of bounds for bikes. So you have to take city roads to reach Bangalore highway.
Thanks a lot rk, it's really good to hear that bikes are toll free throughout NHAI. Yes, I will have to avoid ORR as they are out of bounds for any two wheeler.

Last edited by sudipta : 15th February 2013 at 10:27.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:15   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I am really happy to know that there is no toll for bikes, but yes, I do have the fear of flat tyres as I am planning to travel alone and this can be a real pain.
One should be very unlucky to have a flat on this stretch so long as the tyres are in good shape and you have the right air pressure. Mine seemed to have a stone hit puncture (no nail no sharp nothing was found). Do you have tubeless tyres?
Old 1st March 2013, 06:50   #808
BHPian

Planning a road trip from Blore to Hyd on 8th of March. planning to start at 2pm from office. Any pointers would will appreciated. This is my first > 200km solo road trip.
Old 1st March 2013, 08:12   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
Planning a road trip from Blore to Hyd on 8th of March. planning to start at 2pm from office. Any pointers would will appreciated. This is my first > 200km solo road trip.
Get your vehicle fully serviced a week or so before and then ride 100-200 km to check all is fine.
Keep an eye on your fuel gauge. You don't want to run out when alone and on the highway.
Use all your riding gear for your safety.
Ensure you are not too tired for the ride. If so, stop somewhere safe for a break.
Carry a puncture repair kit and learn to use it. Especially useful with tubeless tyres. Also carry a foot pump if weight and space permit it. Easier said than done, I know.
Try to use saddle bags or tank bags rather than carrying a bag on your shoulder. It is far more comfortable.
Old 1st March 2013, 12:04   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
Since this is your first one, let me add something...

Do not worry, this is one of the safest (security wise) highways.
Since you have driving left in dark, try to cover as much ground as possible while there is sunlight.
After dark, I would advice keep it little slower than day and watch out for people/cattle crossing road or stray vehicle parked on side of road.
Around towns like Kurnool, Anantapur, Dhone watch out for wrong side traffic.
And yes, do carry an old news paper, and clean your windscreen as required, because you get some insect hits on wind screen, and lights do glare from that. I personally feel that a strain on my eye.
Just washing with wiper will cause a streak on windscreen with insects.

Edit - I assumed this was a car trip !

Last edited by sriturl : 1st March 2013 at 12:06. Reason: Edit - I assumed this was a car trip !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks