Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2013, 12:04   #811
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
Planning a road trip from Blore to Hyd on 8th of March. planning to start at 2pm from office. Any pointers would will appreciated. This is my first > 200km solo road trip.
The road is awesome.

Drive Carefully,You will find lot of morons driving on opp direction of the road, specially when you are nearing Kurnool.

Waseem.
Old 1st March 2013, 13:04   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Planning a road trip from Blore to Hyd on 8th of March. planning to start at 2pm from office. Any pointers would will appreciated. This is my first > 200km solo road trip.
Not sure is this is a bike ride or a car drive.If you are driving a car,then depending on where you want to go in Hyd,you can take the ORR(outer ring road) from Shamshabad.If its a bike,then bikes are not allowed on the ORR.
Old 1st March 2013, 16:43   #813
BHPian

Thanks for your response guys, really appreciate it guys. I will be driving my car to Isb[in gachibowli] so ORR will be the best option i suppose. Will keep in mind all the above points. I hope there are no diversions on the way and the road is easily negotiable as i don't have any Navigation system.
Old 1st March 2013, 23:18   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response guys, really appreciate it guys. I will be driving my car to Isb[in gachibowli] so ORR will be the best option i suppose. Will keep in mind all the above points. I hope there are no diversions on the way and the road is easily negotiable as i don't have any Navigation system.
Yes, there are no diversions and all you have to do is keep going straight. During my last trip to hyderabad, I took the service lane on the ORR by mistake and found it difficult to join the ORR again. So, please be careful here.

Also, have enough snacks because it is difficult to find a good eatery especially when half of your journey is after dark.
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:01   #815
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad ORR does not have a gap in median for U turns and all the entry and exits are well marked.
From the service road getting into the main ORR is not possible without crossing the toll
collection centres which are quite far from each other.
Old 3rd March 2013, 09:59   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Understand there are some political bandhs that I might encounter on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
There is a Highway bandh planned for the 24th of Feb and I see that you are not travelling on that day,so you are good to travel.
Bangalore - Hyderabad Highway will be impacted by a bandh on 21st March 2013.

Even access to and exit from Hyderabad Airport will be impacted.

The extent of the impact is expected to be : https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=U...&sz=18&t=m&z=8

There is always a chance that the said bandh or rasta-roko may be called off and not happen or may be a non starter or even turn violent so it is best for one to plan accordingly and be safe than sorry.
Old 9th March 2013, 05:00   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
The HYD-BLR toll came to 504 including toll for the ORR. Here is the breakup:
Attachment 1033210
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-hydblr-toll.jpg
Are the above the latest tolls or is there any changes?
Old 9th March 2013, 12:05   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Attachment 1059794
I guess theres an addition of INR 20-25 now as that list does not have the BIAL toll included and if you opt for the Nehru ORR another inr 30
Old 9th March 2013, 16:17   #819
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I guess theres an addition of INR 20-25 now as that list does not have the BIAL toll included and if you opt for the Nehru ORR another inr 30
I skipped the BIAL route on that day and came via Devanahalli. So you can add 30 to the total if you take that route.

I have included the Nehru ORR toll at the top of the list which I paid at Shamshabad.

Last edited by nileshch : 9th March 2013 at 16:20.
Old 12th March 2013, 21:51   #820
BHPian

This weekend completed a round about trip to Hyd. The road was flawless and i took around 7 hrs 30 min one way. Was surprised not to find any decent eateries on the way though I was well prepared for it thanks to you guys.
falcon009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 12:28   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore - Hyderabad Highway will be impacted by a bandh on 21st March 2013.

Even access to and exit from Hyderabad Airport will be impacted.

The extent of the impact is expected to be : https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=U...&sz=18&t=m&z=8

There is always a chance that the said bandh or rasta-roko may be called off and not happen or may be a non starter or even turn violent so it is best for one to plan accordingly and be safe than sorry.
Time Of India, Hyderabad Edition, 15-Mar-2013, Page 4 :

TJAC tones down ‘Sadak Bandh’
TIMES NEWS NETWORK
Hyderabad: The Telangana Political Joint Action Committee (TJAC) has decided to tone down its proposed ‘Sadak Bandh’, the Hyderabad- Bangalore highway blockade in support of the separate state demand, to be held on March 21. This is in view of the SSC exams staring on March 22. TJAC chairman M Kodandaram said the blockade would be held for 10 hours instead of 24 hours as planned earlier.
TJAC had planned the blockade between 9am on March 21 and 9am on March 22. The extended steering committee of the pro-Telangana outfit decided to restrict it to 10 hours between 10am and 7pm on March 21. “In the interest of the students facing the SSC (Secondary School Certificate) exams, the steering committee decided to cut short the duration of the ‘Sadak Bandh’. However, we will intensify the Telangana movement from April,” said Kodandaram.
The ‘Sadak Bandh’ was earlier planned for February 24 and postponed in the wake of Dilsukhnagar bomb blasts . As per the original plan, the activists were expected to block the highway along the stretch of 160 km between Shamshabad and Alampur in Mahbubnagar and 12 points had been identified where the protesters would block the road by cooking, leashing cattle and organising cultural programme ‘Dhoom Dhaam’.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 12:27   #822
BHPian

I'll be driving this route tomorrow and returning Monday. Any updates on any Political rally or Sadak Bandh on the HYD - BLR highway on these days.
Old 27th March 2013, 12:50   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries
I'll be driving this route tomorrow and returning Monday. Any updates on any Political rally or Sadak Bandh on the HYD - BLR highway on these days.
No nothing heard of.
Old 27th March 2013, 13:03   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
We had a Hyd and Bangalore drive meet 3 days back on this stretch. No such issues.

That rasta roko was only for a day which was last thursday.

You can drive to Hyderabad and return on Monday without any problems.
Old 28th March 2013, 17:38   #825
Senior - BHPian

Came back from a round trip today.

1) speed breakers near lepakshi junction seem to be new and unmarked.
2) most of the intersections now have barricades, some immediately after a curve. You need to necessarily slow down for these.
During night time, the reflective tape on these barrriers can confuse the heck out of you if caught unawares..with their dazzle effect. They should have simply put a stop sign or arrow signs.

Coming into Bangalore please be aware of the speed cameras immediately after devanahalli junction. Got caught today along with another 5-6 cars coming from Hyderabad.

Most Viewed