Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 09:45   #886
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Please note there are incidents of stone pelting (as per some regional news channels) on few private buses bound towards kurnool, anantapur on Hyderabad - jadcherla route and few kms beyond jadcherla. Bhpians and family members please check before you take this route. I was shocked to hear this new form of vandalism I have rarely heard in recent past. Travel and drive safe.

If you speak Telugu please be sure to stop right after each toll both and check for the local status with some of the attendants. They were quite friendly and helpful when I enquired prior to proceeding. It's better to get some local news so you can take alternate route.
Old 11th September 2013, 12:17   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Drove Hyderabad-Bangalore on 6 Sept and Bangalore-Hyderabad on 9 Sept.

While driving towards Bangalore, be aware of a huge speedbreaker just as you enter the boarder of Karnataka. Man, it is huge! and typical of all Karnataka speedbreakers, it is unmarked. They have also fixed a smaller one about 100 mts down from it for good measure. The larger one could be a disastrous for an unwary driver. In fact, these two are the only speedbreakers you encounter on this road.
I'm surprised that you say that those are the only two speed-breakers. I remember being jolted by a few when the highway curves sharply to the left while entering Ananthapur.

This apart, there were a few big ones at Chikballapur and also near Devanahalli.
Old 11th September 2013, 15:02   #888
Senior - BHPian

Doing Hyd-Blr (onwards to Thrissur and back)tomorrow.STA Hyd is 0330,thats about the earliest I can make it.Lets hope there are no rokos and cook outs tmrw.
Old 11th September 2013, 15:54   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'm surprised that you say that those are the only two speed-breakers.
They must have removed all those bone-breakers lately on NH 44 (the new name painted everywhere).

Once you approach Bangalore airport, the bumps and pits along the metro work will adequately compensate all the other speedbreakers!
Old 27th September 2013, 15:33   #890
Senior - BHPian

Did Hyd-Blr-Thrissur-Blr-Hyd over the last weekend.Nothing new about the NH7 Hyd-Blr to update.Fast drive as usual.No new restaurants anywhere.Status quo on eating options-still zilch.

Spl thanks to Hyd_Traveller for advising the most current updates on rasta rokos enroute via sms.Luckily I scraped through without getting caught in any.

Left Home at Defence Colony at O345 and reached Shamshabad at 1115 with two breaks in between.Return left Keys,Whitefield at 0615 and arrived Shamshabad at 1215,Defence Colony 1330.The figo cost me INR 3000 worth of petrol one way.
Old 1st October 2013, 13:10   #891
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to travel to Hyd from bangalore in about a weeks time frame. Just wanted to check and take advise on any new developments on protests?

thanks in advance
Old 1st October 2013, 14:53   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu4222 View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to travel to Hyd from bangalore in about a weeks time frame. Just wanted to check and take advise on any new developments on protests?

thanks in advance
On 5th roads will be closed in SeemaAndhra. Yesterday I saw this scrolling on TV.
Old 1st October 2013, 17:45   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

thanks in advance
the best time to do this stretch is either nights or very early mornings.if you are able to leave blr by 3am nothing like it..you would easily be in shamshabad by 10am
Old 1st October 2013, 18:10   #894
Senior - BHPian

I will be driving down to Hyd - Nagpur - Tadoba/Satpuras on Oct 11. Any agitation/rasta rokos planned on NH7 and Hyd ring road that time?
Old 1st October 2013, 22:45   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I will be driving down to Hyd - Nagpur - Tadoba/Satpuras on Oct 11. Any agitation/rasta rokos planned on NH7 and Hyd ring road that time?
As ranjitp mentioned in this thread if you hit Hyderabad before 10 am you may not have an issue crossing Hyderabad and getting to Nagpur. As far as I know there are no rasta rokos on the Hyderabad Nagpur route which goes through Nizamabad and Adilabad districts.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 23:20   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

thanks in advance
Petrol bunks will be closed in Seemandhra region on 05 & 06 Oct 13, with rasta roko planned on 05 Oct 13. As per news reports, the agitation is likely continue up to 15 Oct 13. It is advised to start early from Bangalore during this period.
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:48   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
the best time to do this stretch is either nights or very early mornings.if you are able to leave blr by 3am nothing like it..you would easily be in shamshabad by 10am
This route should be attempted only in the night till this drama is over.People departing from B'lore can start by 8pm and reach Hyd by 2am.

Waseem.
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:20   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer8 View Post
Petrol bunks will be closed in Seemandhra region on 05 & 06 Oct 13, with rasta roko planned on 05 Oct 13. As per news reports, the agitation is likely continue up to 15 Oct 13. It is advised to start early from Bangalore during this period.
Hi, I cant find any news to check this information. Can you please post a link? or let us know where you got this information.

I'm traveling from Hyd - Chennai, on Oct 6th.
Old 3rd October 2013, 15:45   #899
BHPian

Hi,

I'm starting from Bangalore tomorrow around 4 PM and planning to reach HYD around midnight for a night halt as I am going towards Nagpur-Bilaspur. I'll be staying near Kondapur, so should I skip it and move ahead towards Bilaspur and cross HYD or is it fine if I stay and start early morning towards Nagpur-Bilaspur.

I'm planning to get re-fueling done at HYD only, thanks to dusters big fuel tank, as while leaving I'll be getting full tank and it can easily take me for 800 odd kilometers, Since I've read that petrol bunks will be closed in Seemandhara on Saturday and Sunday(Though not sure whether its correct or not), will I be getting petrol in night around Kondapur?
Old 3rd October 2013, 18:44   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Hi, I cant find any news to check this information. Can you please post a link? or let us know where you got this information.

I'm traveling from Hyd - Chennai, on Oct 6th.
pl check the link given below of my post, this news was published in The Hindu news paper couple of days back & quoted by sdp1975.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...l-info-11.html
Redeemer8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks