Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2013, 19:35   #901
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post
Hi,

I'm starting from Bangalore tomorrow around 4 PM and planning to reach HYD around midnight for a night halt as I am going towards Nagpur-Bilaspur. I'll be staying near Kondapur, so should I skip it and move ahead towards Bilaspur and cross HYD or is it fine if I stay and start early morning towards Nagpur-Bilaspur.

I'm planning to get re-fueling done at HYD only, thanks to dusters big fuel tank, as while leaving I'll be getting full tank and it can easily take me for 800 odd kilometers, Since I've read that petrol bunks will be closed in Seemandhara on Saturday and Sunday(Though not sure whether its correct or not), will I be getting petrol in night around Kondapur?
You can stop overnight at Kondapur & travel to Nagpur in the morning . I'm not sure about petrol bunks operating overnight ( though some are likely to remain open). As per news reports petrol bunks would remain closed in Seemandhra region on 05 & 06 Oct 13 with rasta roko planned on 05 Oct 13.

IMO you'll remain unaffected, as you're travelling in the evening from B'lore & after Hyderabad you would be plying through Telengana region to proceed further towards Nagpur.
Redeemer8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 15:39   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I'm starting from Bangalore tomorrow around 4 PM and planning to reach HYD around midnight for a night halt as I am going towards Nagpur-Bilaspur.
Could you please update the road status between Hyderabad-Nagpur after your trip ? Heard that few bad patches have gone worst. It'll be great to get first-hand information from a fellow team-bhpian.
Old 4th October 2013, 20:31   #903
BHPian

Well the entry to AP is blocked and I'm taking a longer route via Solapur and then we'll touch Adilabad, does any one have any information on that route?
Old 6th October 2013, 23:12   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhidube View Post

Could you please update the road status between Hyderabad-Nagpur after your trip ? Heard that few bad patches have gone worst. It'll be great to get first-hand information from a fellow team-bhpian.
Abhidude, will you are right. And it was my bad luck which made me see too many bad roads during my trip to bilaspur. After I was stopped entry in AP, I backtracked and reached Chitradurga, and made a halt and started next morning to bilaspur and reached today morning around 10am after driving almost continuously for 16 hours. On the way I entered AP again near Nirmal and after Adilabad there were two really bad stretches of roads, and they even managed to scratch under belly of my duster once.

I'm not sure if there are such stretches before as well or not. Hope this helps
gurha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 23:30   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Abhidude, will you are right. And it was my bad luck which made me see too many bad roads during my trip to bilaspur. After I was stopped entry in AP, I backtracked and reached Chitradurga, and made a halt and started next morning to bilaspur and reached today morning around 10am after driving almost continuously for 16 hours. On the way I entered AP again near Nirmal and after Adilabad there were two really bad stretches of roads, and they even managed to scratch under belly of my duster once.

What time did you hit the road block? I thought that late night or early morning there are no blocks.

How long did it take you to reach Nagpur from Chitradurga?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 6th October 2013 at 23:35.
Old 7th October 2013, 08:34   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post

What time did you hit the road block? I thought that late night or early morning there are no blocks.

How long did it take you to reach Nagpur from Chitradurga?
I hit the road block around 7PM, waited three for an hour, and when I didn't saw any progress I returned back.

I started from Chitradurg around 6AM, and reached Nagpur around 2AM, the route I took was Chitradurg - Hospet - Bijapur - Solapur - Nanded - Nirmal - Adilabad - Nagpur
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 15:20   #907
BHPian

Quote:
On the way I entered AP again near Nirmal and after Adilabad there were two really bad stretches of roads, and they even managed to scratch under belly of my duster once.

Sorry to hear about the diversions you ended up taking. Those two 20+KM patches are there since last few years. Last I travelled in May'13, they were motorable (atleast in XUV).

Thanks for updating the status. As suggested by members in other threads, I may take Bangalore-Pune-Indore-Bhopal route for my trip.

- Abhi
Old 8th October 2013, 15:27   #908
BHPian

Hello Bhpians, any update on the road block conditions? i'm planning to drive from HYD - BLR on 9th Oct 2013.

Haven't decided the departure time, need expert advise decide upon.I'm open for both day & night driving.

If it is by day driving,i'm planning to start by 1:00 PM and if it is by night i'm planning to start by 11:00 PM on 9th Oct 2013.
Old 8th October 2013, 20:07   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancing Horse View Post
Hello Bhpians, any update on the road block conditions? i'm planning to drive from HYD - BLR on 9th Oct 2013.

Haven't decided the departure time, need expert advise decide upon.I'm open for both day & night driving.

If it is by day driving,i'm planning to start by 1:00 PM and if it is by night i'm planning to start by 11:00 PM on 9th Oct 2013.
I would recommend you to travel in the night as scheduled (2300hrs). There were protests reported couple of days back after Kurnool & before Ananthpur. I however don't oversee much issues now at night. Ensure fuel is full prior to leaving Hyderabad. Don't consider stopping at isolated places enroute, if you need to take breaks, consider stopping near Toll gates only.
Redeemer8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 21:22   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer8 View Post
I would recommend you to travel in the night as scheduled (2300hrs). There were protests reported couple of days back after Kurnool & before Ananthpur. I however don't oversee much issues now at night. Ensure fuel is full prior to leaving Hyderabad. Don't consider stopping at isolated places enroute, if you need to take breaks, consider stopping near Toll gates only.
@Redeemer, thanks for the update.

From the time i posted this message till now,i'm inclining towards starting late in the evening.

Any idea on the last option to top up the fuel before kurnool? Because the last time, i was able to cover till chikbalapur and frantically looked for petrol pump (even though i hadn't hit the minimum) in my ANHC i'll usually run @ 21 - 22 kmpl. So if i could top up before kurnool and then try and manage till chibalapur. Please advise if there is any precautions that can to be taken?
Old 8th October 2013, 22:35   #911
BHPian

Quote:

From the time i posted this message till now,i'm inclining towards starting late in the evening.

Any idea on the last option to top up the fuel before kurnool? Because the last time, i was able to cover till chikbalapur and frantically looked for petrol pump (even though i hadn't hit the minimum) in my ANHC i'll usually run @ 21 - 22 kmpl. So if i could top up before kurnool and then try and manage till chibalapur. Please advise if there is any precautions that can to be taken?
I have just started from hyd. The last place to refuel before Kurnool is Pullur. There is a coco bpcl outlet. Will update once I cross kurnool
Old 8th October 2013, 22:47   #912
BHPian

Quote:

I don't know if petrol bunks would be operational post midnight, you can try to top up at Jadcherla or bhuthpur en-route but considering FE of 21-22 you should be able to cover the entire distance of 570kms from Hyd-B'lore without refuelling. I guess ANHC has a tank capacity of 42 Litres, so why would you need to look for a bunk in chikbalapur, while all you consume is 27Ltrs, you can comfortably look to refill after reaching B'lore.

I think if the FE mentioned is correct ,you can reach without any issues in one go!!
Old 9th October 2013, 11:50   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
I have just started from hyd. The last place to refuel before Kurnool is Pullur. There is a coco bpcl outlet. Will update once I cross kurnool
Hope everything went fine. Can you update on the conditions? I am starting from Bangalore on 11th night.
Old 9th October 2013, 14:05   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
@srimath thanks for the info.Did you face any problem enroute to BLR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer8 View Post
I don't know if petrol bunks would be operational post midnight, you can try to top up at Jadcherla or bhuthpur en-route but considering FE of 21-22 you should be able to cover the entire distance of 570kms from Hyd-B'lore without refuelling. I guess ANHC has a tank capacity of 42 Litres, so why would you need to look for a bunk in chikbalapur, while all you consume is 27Ltrs, you can comfortably look to refill after reaching B'lore.

I think if the FE mentioned is correct ,you can reach without any issues in one go!!
@Redeemer8,that was the reason i was mentioning that even though it didn't hit the min,it was physiological drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Hope everything went fine. Can you update on the conditions? I am starting from Bangalore on 11th night.
@Nilanjanray,i haven't started yet,will keep you posted on the observations enroute.
Old 9th October 2013, 18:21   #915
BHPian

Quote:
@Redeemer8,that was the reason i was mentioning that even though it didn't hit the min,it was physiological drive.
I understand that you're just being a little cautious which is perfectly fine As far as the route is concerned, haven't heard about any issues at night. Our Co vehicles also keep plying between Hyd-B'lore quite often & I do obtain regular inputs from our Logistics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks