Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 17:59   #946
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

I drove down from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Ist Nov and the return was yesterday.My 23 year old Trooper performed well.

A piece of advice:Please be extremely cautious while driving from Kurnool to Anantapur, you will find Bikes,Tractors and this time a fully loaded trailer driving in the opposite direction (on the RHS) with high beams.These failed experiments have no respect for their lives and they care a damn for others as well.No wonder the sales of ''i-pill'' are meager in this belt.

I get extremely cautious when i read the sign like ''Kurnool 50 kms'' and drive with outmost care till i cross Anantapur.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 6th November 2013 at 18:00.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 18:20   #947
BHPian

Thanks Waseem. I am starting tomorrow afternoon by 2.30pm from Bangalore(Whitefield). I'm planning to take budigere road till devanahali and hopefully meet NH 7 by 4pm latest. From then onwards Hyd is 6 hrs away. Is it alright to drive on this road in evening. I guess halfway will have daylight.

I'll be cautious between Anantpur and Kurnool.
Old 6th November 2013, 20:10   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
Is there an update on this agitation? Today is 6, so if their plans are per schedule some road-roko should've happened today, right. Is there any specific newspaper or TV channel that has updates.
Lots of rasta rokos on NH5 in the Vijaywada-Vizag sector
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 23:01   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Is there an update on this agitation? Today is 6, so if their plans are per schedule some road-roko should've happened today, right. Is there any specific newspaper or TV channel that has updates.
There seems to be some agitation taking place in the form of 48hrs Road Blockade in the Seemandhra region. This is now primarily in NH-5 & NH-16. No confirmation yet on NH-7.

This is in protest against the meeting called by the GoM tomorrow (07 Nov 13) to discuss the formation of Telengana. I would recommend you to have sufficient fuel, food, water & cash for travel en-route. Pl see the link below:-

http://www.sakshipost.com/index.php/...tandstill.html

http://www.sakshipost.com/index.php/...-on-nov-7.html
Old 7th November 2013, 11:26   #950
BHPian

I am planning to head from Bangalore to Hyderabad tomorrow and am targeting a post-lunch departure.

I will update the status of the roads, once I reach Hyderabad.
Old 8th November 2013, 22:11   #951

Done this route from Bangalore on 1st November, and returned on the 5th. As usual, it's a bliss to drive on this stretch. Drove sedately as I was a little anxious after the horrific volvo accident the night before. It was relatively a little busy on the 1st, perhaps because of the festive traffic. Otherwise, the road itself is spotless, and thankfully there haven't been any protests anywhere.

Started at 5 AM in Bangalore, and reached Shamshabad by 12 PM. Had a bhpian's red figo for company for most of the drive.
Old 9th November 2013, 10:12   #952
BHPian

We left Bangalore (Bannerghatta Road) at 2.30 PM and had a 'delightful drive' (heavy sarcasm intended) till the airport and crossed the airport by 4.15 PM. I passed Kurnool by 8 PM and took a break for dinner there. I reached Bowenpally by 12 midnight.

- The number of speed bumps seem to have increased since our last trip. The biggest one was after passing the windmills on the left. Barricades have been provided at a lot of crossings on the way.

- We had refilled the gas after Anantpur. There are a lot of bunks in that stretch. Most of them have clean restrooms also. There is also an A1 plaza which might be a good place to take a break. For ladies, these offer the best chance for a break after the Kamat in Karnataka.

- We had dinner at Holiday Inn at Kurnool, which has become our standard location. This is on the other side of the road (opposite the Tata showroom and just beside the Toyota showroom).

- There were no issues of blocking this time. Fingers crossed for the return trip.

Total distance covered: 595 kms
Old 9th November 2013, 15:08   #953
BHPian

To the mods: I am making another post, as the time to edit my previous post has expired.

To add to my previous post: We were flagged down by cops and asked to contribute to the police fund. They were expecting a minimum of Rs. 100. On giving the money, they stuck a small sticker saying Commemorative day on the windshield. They were doing the same on both sides of the highway and were stopping all cars.
Old 11th November 2013, 13:31   #954
Senior - BHPian

Just back today morning from Hyderabad- Coimbatore trip.
Some points about the speed breakers.

While travelling towards Hyderabad from Banglore after Devanahalli(after Nanadi Hills turn road).
The first speed breaker starting of Chikkaballapur bypass.
The next is at Bagepalli village.
The next is at Ammaviru Palle after Penukonda bypass.
Next one is at the down slope of the second flyover at Ananthpur bypass.
Next one at Pamidi bridge over Penna river.

All the speed breakers have barricades so can slow down if you notice the barricades.

After Kurnool lot of barricades but no speed breakers as such needs to slow down that is all.

Hope this helps
gajadonga is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 19:31   #955
BHPian

I did this route Blr to Hyd on 7th and back Hyd to Blr on 11th. I was surprised at the sparse traffic both ways that helped us maintain good average speeds. We stopped at the Reliance A1 plaza for snacks onward and RaviTeja restaurant for breakfast while return, both about 60 kms after anantpur towards Hyd. Roads are excellent from devanahalli till about 10 kms before PV Narsimha Rao elevated expressway starts. There are few kms of single lane under construction road after NH 7 ends and before expressway starts.

I have list of toll slips but haven't totalled yet.
Old 17th November 2013, 13:25   #956
BHPian

Quote:
I have list of toll slips but haven't totalled yet.
I returned to Hyderabad from Bangalore yesterday. The toll update is as below:-
  • Devanahalli - Rs 20
  • Bagepalli - Rs 65
  • Marur - Rs 90
  • Kasepalli - Rs 80
  • Amakatadu - Rs 85
  • Pullur - Rs 70
  • Shakhapur - Rs 54
  • Raikal - Rs 56

Total Rs 520 ( This is for Single Journey only)
Redeemer8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 23:25   #957
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
BLR to HYD : 5 days, what to see

Hi,

Planning for Bangalore to Hyderabad trip for a week. Please do let me know what the must places to be visited on the way to HYD and in HYD.

Starting on Sunday Early Morning from BLR and Return trip start on Saturday morning from HYD

Few things planned on this trip are

1. Belum Caves
2. Srisailam
3. Mantralaya (on return trip)

regards,
-manju

Last edited by manjubp : 30th November 2013 at 23:44.
Old 1st December 2013, 13:09   #958
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BLR to HYD : 5 days, what to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Planning for Bangalore to Hyderabad trip for a week. Please do let me know what the must places to be visited on the way to HYD and in HYD.
Some suggestions (in Hyderabad)
1.Golconda Fort
2.Ramoji Rao Film city
3.Charminar
4.Salar Jung Museum
5.Hussain Sagar Lake
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:53   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Hi,

Starting on Sunday Early Morning from BLR and Return trip start on Saturday morning from HYD

Few things planned on this trip are

1. Belum Caves
2. Srisailam
3. Mantralaya (on return trip)

regards,
-manju
Enroute nothing.Its one barren highway.Detours can be taken to Hampi,Mantralaya.

Srisailam can be done as a day trip from Hyd.

At Hyd,NPV has pretty much covered everything.

Staying in Secunderabad area would be helpful as it is less congested and easily accessible.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:12   #960
BHPian

NPV has mentioned all the places of interest.

While at Golconda fort do not miss the sound and light show there. It was the highlight of my hyd visit. Visit the fort in the afternoon so that you have enough time to see the fort thoroughly. The sound and light show starts around 6-6.30 PM as it gets dark.

Also the museum is a pretty big one so do have enough time to cover it.
revintup is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks