Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2015, 17:45   #1171
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
As you are passing Nandi Upachar hotel at Devanhalli slow down to 80 kmph. There will be a speed gun just 500 mts from that point. From there stick to 80 all the way Hebbal flyover. Never know on this stretch where you will get flagged down.
Thanks Arjun and @mpksuhas.
I will make sure I mark it on the map.This is really useful as I seldom drive below 100 on the highways.

I am not in a hurry anyways. I will be stopping at Bangalore overnight at my brother's place. Next morning, I will be going to Coorg Club Mahindra for 3N/4D. After that 2N/3D at Kabini Red fort.

Feeling excited.
Old 6th September 2015, 09:24   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
A quick update - Confirmed my booking in Red Earth Kabini.
It's no doubt expensive but I could not find any decent options in Kabini which are less expensive. Serai/Bison/Waterwoods are even more expensive and so is Jungle Lodges.

Hopefully, it should be worth the money. Holidaying in India is becoming real expensive.
Are you planning to do safaris in Kabini? If so, did Red Earth offer the Safari arrangements?
I inquired a while ago, but they declined the offer to drive you to the Jungle Lodges for safaris, neither did they commit on getting it arranged even if you drive on your own. If you intend to do safaris, which is what Kabini is famous for, Jungle Lodges is the best best - cheapest and all inclusive package.
Old 6th September 2015, 12:52   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Are you planning to do safaris in Kabini? If so, did Red Earth offer the Safari arrangements?
I inquired a while ago, but they declined the offer to drive you to the Jungle Lodges for safaris, neither did they commit on getting it arranged even if you drive on your own. If you intend to do safaris, which is what Kabini is famous for, Jungle Lodges is the best best - cheapest and all inclusive package.
This is news to me. They have promised to take care of the safaris. They will arrange a vehicle to take to the safari point from where the forest department will take over. Please bear in mind that there are 3 gates in Nagarhole and Jungle lodges happen to be near one of those. Red Earth has another gate nearby as well. Let me call them and confirm.

I am not going for Safari only. I want to also relax on the river front apart from the safari. Jungle Lodges is not cheap at all. For 2 Adults and 1 kid for 2 nights, it comes to 40000/-. Now, 4 safaris are included in the package. If you consider that, it sounds reasonable enough. But, I am not interested in taking 4 safaris in 2 days. So, it's not that VFM for me.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th September 2015 at 12:56. Reason: Please avoid typing with dots... like... this... Thanks!
Old 6th September 2015, 14:00   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
This is news to me. They have promised to take care of the safaris. They will arrange a vehicle to take to the safari point from where the forest department will take over. Please bear in mind that there are 3 gates in Nagarhole and Jungle lodges happen to be near one of those. Red Earth has another gate nearby as well. Let me call them and confirm.

I am not going for Safari only. I want to also relax on the river front apart from the safari. Jungle Lodges is not cheap at all. For 2 Adults and 1 kid for 2 nights, it comes to 40000/-. Now, 4 safaris are included in the package. If you consider that, it sounds reasonable enough. But, I am not interested in taking 4 safaris in 2 days. So, it's not that VFM for me.
It is good if you are not in for safaris only. That way, Red Earth I guess is the most effective place to stay. I said cheapest as in 'cheapest in and around Kabini'. I have stayed in almost all resorts there and JLR works out to be the best. If you are not already aware, wildlife tours in Karnataka are way too expensive.

Again, there are two major kinds of safaris that they do provide in Kabini. One is run by JLR and one by the forest department. The one by FD lasts about an hour in a bus, costing 300/- per head. With Red Earth, I guess it should start from Anthrasanthe gate via the famous MM road. JLR safaris are in open top Boleros, lasting close to 2 hours 45 minutes with a naturalist in every vehicle. You will definitely not get the services of a naturalist with the FD.

On another note and just FYI, if staying near the river front is considered, The Bison is the best place - their tents are right next to the backwaters of Kabini. You can choose to take or not take the safaris.

Cheers!

P.S. Do share your pictures from Kabini safari. I read your other thread from Tadoba before going there this June.
Old 7th September 2015, 14:02   #1175
Senior - BHPian

I had 2 relatively long conversations with the officials in Red Earth resort, Kabini.

Here is the summary -
  • There are 2 options of safari - one through Jungle Lodges gate (20 km from resort) and another through Dommankatte gate (7 km from resort).
  • The safari through Jungle Lodges gate is arranged by Karnataka tourism department and costs 2000 per person. The duration is 2.5 hours but you get around 1 hour 45 mins inside the forest. The vehicle for the safari is mostly jeep but can be a canter as well (open van type with 18-20 seats). See picture attached below.
  • The safari though Dommankatte gate is organised by Forest department and costs 600 per person. The duration of safari inside the forest in 2 hours through this gate and almost entire time is spent inside the forest. The vehicle is decided by the forest department and mostly it's a canter though jeep option is available (theoretically).
  • The route for both the safaris is mostly the same once inside the forest.
  • You have the option to select either Safari from the Red Earth resort.
  • You can go from the resort to the safari point by your own vehicle or they can arrange a cab for pickup and drop (additional cost of 800-1000 Rs)
  • A naturalist from the resort will accompany the guests for the safari.

Given all of the above, I don't see any problems with the Safari from Dommankatte gate given the proximity and the cost. Obviously, the real experience can be different. Will report once I come back.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-canter-1.jpg

PS - Mods, the last few posts have been related to discussions about Kabini - resort, safari etc. Please move it to relevant thread. Let's continue any further discussion there and not derail this thread.
Old 8th September 2015, 13:44   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
[*]The safari though Dommankatte gate is organised by Forest department and costs 600 per person. The duration of safari inside the forest in 2 hours through this gate and almost entire time is spent inside the forest. The vehicle is decided by the forest department and mostly it's a canter though jeep option is available (theoretically).
Couldn't resist replying - sorry of this is derailing the thread - Just on the cost part - the safari in JLR vehicles costs 1250/- per head and the one by FD is 300/- per head again. These are the rates as of last month and have been the rates since some time now (last 2 years since I've been visiting Kabini every month). I am not sure about any changes in rates that may have happened this month. Cheers!
Old 9th September 2015, 14:24   #1177

Hi,

Since I'm driving to North India, I would be driving through Hyderabad. My Day 1 drive will be Bangalore to Nagpur. Please suggest exits that I must take so that I can take the ORR in Hyderabad to go towards Nagpur rather than get stuck in city traffic.

Also, any good biriyani joint on the ORR from where I could takeaway some food will also be helpful
Old 10th September 2015, 08:47   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazonahighway View Post
Hi,

Since I'm driving to North India, I would be driving through Hyderabad. My Day 1 drive will be Bangalore to Nagpur. Please suggest exits that I must take so that I can take the ORR in Hyderabad to go towards Nagpur rather than get stuck in city traffic.

Also, any good biriyani joint on the ORR from where I could takeaway some food will also be helpful
Markings of EXITs on ORR are very clear. I am not sure of the exact EXIT No, but it should be 70 or 80 kms from the point you get on to ORR and to the exit to Nagpur at Medchal.

You do not have any biryani points or for that matter any other shops or stopovers on ORR. Just straight, inviting roads.
Old 10th September 2015, 11:31   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

If you like to Dine-In. Restaurant Named "7" is a nice place which comes after Hyderabad and just before Suryapet on highway.
http://www.foodseven.com/
Old 10th September 2015, 13:06   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Just make sure you enter the ORR which is just before the Airport Road and you will have BIG GREEN BOARDS guiding you throughout the ORR. So do not worry about the Exit Point Number as Jose Vijay suggested.The Exit points would be placed almost before a KM or so. Just drive in the left lane when you see the exit to Nagpur/Medchal

There are couple of Dhabas and Restaurants before the ORR but I doubt any authentic Biriyani spots there [ and you have to get into the city]

Your best bet remains the Paradise Biriyani @ Hitech city which would be easily accessible [around 2 KM] from the ORR exit at Gachibowli.

PM me if you think the detour is worthy enough !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
If you like to Dine-In. Restaurant Named "7" is a nice place which comes after Hyderabad and just before Suryapet on highway.
http://www.foodseven.com/
I guess you missed the name of the thread.

That restaurant you are speaking about is on Hyd-Vijayawada not on Hyd-Nagpur/Blore. {BTW, the place is too costly :P}

Last edited by poised2drive : 10th September 2015 at 13:16.
Old 10th September 2015, 14:32   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

You will find good signage for the ORR entrance. It is just before you reach Shamshabad.You will find the ORR running perpendicular to your highway's path via a bridge. After collecting the toll slip, you need to enter the path that shows signage towards Patancheru or Mumbai or Nagpur. The other path will lead you on the opposite direction towards Tukkuguda, Pedda Amberpet, Warangal and Vijaywada.

Once you enter the ORR, you need to exit on the Nagpur highway, which is around 70 kms from where you enter. The last 5 kms from the exit is a service road, as the ORR is apparently not complete on that small stretch owing to some land dispute.

There are no restaurants on the ORR, but there is a Hotel Hill Park on the right side of the highway around 70 kms before you reach Hyderabad, near Jadcherla. It is on the right side of the highway and has a dummy car at an elevation at its entrance.

If you're fond of Biryani, then there are a couple of hotels in Shamshabad village on the right side (one of then was erstwhile Hyderabad House). I think Paradise is also opening an outlet there. I also spotted a new semi-luxury hotel in that area on the right side of the highway, just before the road splits towards the airport. To reach any of these joints, you need to go past the ORR entrance (don't turn into it) and drive ahead for a km. Keep looking out on the right side. After you have your food or collect your parcel, you can enter the ORR from that side of the highway by following signage. The ORR entrance is just half a km away from the spot where the left turn to airport is.
Old 11th September 2015, 14:18   #1182
Senior - BHPian

I want to sound a warning with regards to the connectivity of the ORR to the Nagpur highway. When I took this route the last time ( 6 months or so back), the service road connecting ORR to the Nagpur highway was in terrible shape. In fact, I would say it is probably the worst stretch of road I have ever driven on.
I don't know if there is any improvement on this stretch recently.

But, if not, I would advice not to take this road. For options, see this thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...onal-park.html

The road I have mentioned in my return journey is a better option. That means you will exit the ORR from much earlier (gachibowli) and drive a bit through the City and outskirts to hit the Nagpur highway. It might increase your travel time by 20-30 mins but it's worth it.
Old 12th September 2015, 22:04   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Some work going on the Highway near Chikballapur. Looks like the road is being re-surfaced. Hence some deviations are there.
Should be done in a few days.
Old 13th September 2015, 12:30   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

If you can take a slight de-tour then you can get Bawarchi Biryani which is hardly a Km away from the point you take left for the Nehru ORR, instead of taking the left exit for Nagpur, continue straight and Bawarchi is within 1KM from the point and they are open till 2 AM.

Hope it helps.
Old 14th September 2015, 06:16   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
I want to sound a warning with regards to the connectivity of the ORR to the Nagpur highway. When I took this route the last time ( 6 months or so back), the service road connecting ORR to the Nagpur highway was in terrible shape. In fact, I would say it is probably the worst stretch of road I have ever driven on.
I had taken this route 2 months back. Road has been freshly relaid and also widened. So no worries now..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks