Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 14:37   #1261
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Did my first long drive in my new Black Scorpion (Punto Abarth) from Hyderabad to Bangalore and back in this weekend. Fired the engine at 7 am from Raidurgam and reached Hebbal at 1:30 PM including a tea and and another petrol break. Gone down solo and while coming back got a company. Pretty nice drive with traffic mainly consisting of trucks. Speed breakers are visible and just before Nandi Hills crossing there are Interceptors. So slow down when Bangalore is 50 KM on the milestone.

While coming back, till Anantapur you have to be careful due to speed checks and abrupt speed breakers. One speed breaker will come in a turning which is not even a junction, so be careful. Till Anantapur, there are no petrol bunks and food joints. So, top up for 200KMs atleast while starting from Bangalore.

While coming back started at 5 PM from Sarjapur and reached Raidurgam at 1:30 am. Stopped for tea, dinner + petrol and another tea with 135 KM remaining. Just after crossing Anantapur flyover, after crossing Eicher, JCB factories, I found an IOL petrol bunk with a Sardarji's Dhaba. I liked the food. There is a Blue Moon restaurant if you drive a bit more which looked descent and couple of cars were parked.
Old 5th April 2016, 21:17   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Between Anathpur and Penukonda there is a place called Ammavarepalle here are the speedbreakers its about 12kms from Penukonda towards Anathpur.
Even I traveled last weekend didn't see any speed guns between Anathpur and Banglore.
The speed guns in the Kurnool bypass I didn't encounter.
Old 5th April 2016, 22:15   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
While coming back, till Anantapur you have to be careful due to speed checks and abrupt speed breakers. One speed breaker will come in a turning which is not even a junction, so be careful. Till Anantapur, there are no petrol bunks and food joints. So, top up for 200KMs at least while starting from Bangalore.
I know about speed breakers, but are you referring to speed guns between Bangalore airport and Ananthapur? This is news to me. As far as i know, those guys are mostly between Hebbal and Nandi hills junction.

As regards petrol bunks, there are quite a few before Devanahalli, and also some more between Chickballapur and Penukonda.
Old 6th April 2016, 10:24   #1264
BHPian

I am also a regular traveler on this route and the speed checks are present only up to the Nandi hill deviation. W.r.t to food the last one before Anantapur is after Chikballapur. Its a bharat petroleum COO pump with a Kamat. But the food is not great in this kamat.
Old 6th April 2016, 10:40   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I know about speed breakers, but are you referring to speed guns between Bangalore airport and Ananthapur? This is news to me. As far as i know, those guys are mostly between Hebbal and Nandi hills junction.
Yes, vnabhi, on both ways between Bangalore Airport and Nandi Hills junction (or a bit ahead of the junction) there are speed guns. This was my first drive from Hyderabad. Staying in Bangalore, I knew the speed guns between Airport and Hebbal but I was not ready for this surprise.
Old 6th April 2016, 16:04   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody put up a list of eateries (both ways) between Shamshabad and Devanhalli.TIA.
Old 4th May 2016, 11:46   #1267
BHPian

Hi

Planning a road trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad on the 12th May and return on the 13th May. Planning to start at around 0430 from Bangalore on the onward journey and return start at around 0930 from Hyderabad. I have read very helpful mentions of speed checks near Anantapur and Devanahalli.

Anything else I need to be careful for, given my travel times? Any input is most appreciated.

I assume the car and people can be refuelled at multiple options en route. any particular suggestions please?

Cheers
Old 4th May 2016, 19:00   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p06rakeshb View Post
I assume the car and people can be refuelled at multiple options en route. any particular suggestions please?
Car can be refuelled any number of times but not people,there are hardly any eating places on this route except for a couple of places after kurnool.recommended to carry food with you.bear in mind the severe heat conditions and don't be surprised if the car aircon stops working in stretches.
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 19:19   #1269
BHPian

Thanks @ranjitp1 . Any idea on the speed traps?
Old 5th May 2016, 11:43   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p06rakeshb View Post
Thanks @ranjitp1 . Any idea on the speed traps?
Beyond Devanahalli there are hardly any speed cams.You might encounter one as you cross the L&T Toll closer to Hyderabad and there is a speed cam stationed on the Elevated Expressway during the day time.
ranjitp1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 13:45   #1271

Hi All,

Planning a long trip (2200 kms approx). Request all bhpians to throw out some suggestions on Routes, kit to carry, things to check before drive.

A bit of context:

1. Vehicle - Honda City (petrol)

2. Itinerary - Hyderabad-Bangalore-Wayanad-Mysore-Chennai-Hyderabad

3. When I hit bangalore, I am staying with a friend in banerghetta, and want to avoid traffic from Airport, where the Hyderabad road hits, I think.

4. I am very comfortable about the stretch from Bangalore to Chennai.

5. Co passengers - at various times - Couple of ladies, one or two males, two kids - one senior citizen (peak load size is 4 adults and two kids at a time).

6. I have an air inflator (electric) with me.

7. Suggestions really welcome on Hyd- Blr and Blr - Wayanad and Chennai - Hyd routes.

8. Total time scheduled is 8 days - Do not intend to do more than 600 kilometers in a day (except for the Chennai - Hyderabad jaunt - by which time I will be well rested).

Please do advise.

Note: Mods, please move to appropriate thread if posting is incorrect.
Old 5th May 2016, 16:48   #1272
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkarthikvkn View Post
Planning a long trip (2200 kms approx). Request all bhpians to throw out some suggestions on Routes, kit to carry, things to check before drive.
-Carry originals for Vehicle RC, Drivers License, Insurance and PUC (pollution)
-A tubeless tyre puncture/repair kit and hydraulic jack will also help

*There's a separate thread on what essentials you need to have when driving long distances, look that up

Quote:
3. When I hit bangalore, I am staying with a friend in banerghetta, and want to avoid traffic from Airport, where the Hyderabad road hits, I think.
Traffic depends on what time you will be reaching Bangalore, hence depends on what time you will start from Hyderabad

Some options are:
1.Deviate from Devanahalli (just before the Bangalore Airport junction) and take Devanahalli-Budigere Cross (Old Madras Road)-Varthur Road (SH35)-Old Airport Road-Outer Ring Road-Silk Board (Hosur Road)-NICE Road-Bannerghatta Road exit

2.After Bangalore Airport junction, continue towards the city, turn left at Hebbal onto ORR and reach Silk Board. Rest of the route same as above.

*From Silk Board, do not take the elevated tollway (BETL) since that does not have an exit for NICE Road
Old 5th May 2016, 17:16   #1273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkarthikvkn View Post
I hope you mean Bannerghatta road and not Bannerghatta.
And if its Bannerghatta road, thats red zone of traffic. You cannot avoid it completely, which ever route you take.

Last edited by ampere : 15th May 2016 at 13:45. Reason: Fixed typo
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:54   #1274
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
And if its Bannerghatta road, thats red zone of traffic. You cannot avoid it completely, which ever route you take.
That's why I assumed he is going somewhere closer to Bannerghatta and suggested taking NICE Road and reach Gottigere and then proceed to whichever part of Bannerghatta Road.

*vkarthikvkn - As ampere says, Bannerghatta road starts out almost near Brigade Road/Hosur Road, near the Rashtriya Military School and goes all the way to Bannerghatta! Very long road

Last edited by NPV : 5th May 2016 at 17:55.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 18:01   #1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
That's why I assumed he is going somewhere closer to Bannerghatta and suggested taking NICE Road and reach Gottigere and then proceed to whichever part of Bannerghatta Road.

*vkarthikvkn - As ampere says, Bannerghatta road starts out almost near Brigade Road/Hosur Road, near the Rashtriya Military School and goes all the way to Bannerghatta! Very long road
Looks like i can take a detour at devenahalli and hit Hosur and work my way back through the Chennai Highway? Any thoughts on how good that (Devenahalli - Hosure) road is? If the road is good, it might be few more kilometers but might be worth it.

I actually have an open plan. I plan to start early from Hyderabad on a Friday. That said, depending on advice from you folks, I can time my run to be at Blr at an optimal time.

I meant near Banerghetta Road (close to HSBC)- Apologies for that confusion. I am not really very familiar with Bangalore, though very scared after hearing and seeing (a bit) horror stories of the driving there.

Most Viewed