Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2016, 15:34   #1336
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Does anyone know it Fastags are working on toll booths in this route?
They are listed as working in Fastag website, but not sure of the ground reality.
Old 15th August 2016, 09:36   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
They are listed as working in Fastag website, but not sure of the ground reality.
Maybe 2/3 out of 7.
BIAL/Davanahali (reported by many members) & Shadnagar (have used personally) for sure. TS/AP border near Kurnool has a hand held scanner, did not wait as the person responsible for it was on a loo break. My information is as of May with updated information of between Hyderabad and Gooty as of July.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 10:13   #1338
BHPian

Hi friends, I have never driven on the Bangalore- Hyderabad highway beyond the Devanahalli Airport (KIAL) , so not aware of the speed-limits and where most probably the speed guns are kept to record the speed. Please could anyone help me with the information, so that I can be within speed-limits and not get fined.
Old 16th August 2016, 12:22   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
I guess you might have already travelled by this route by now, but anyway thought of posting the latest status.

I travelled a week back on this route - Only Jadcherla Toll is accepting Fastag, but no dedicated lane. One more place there is a separate lane marked which is closed, when enquired they said it is not yet operational
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20160807_113726.jpg  

PMK-MoJo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 12:41   #1340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I guess you might have already travelled by this route by now, but anyway thought of posting the latest status.
Thanks for the update.
No, I am yet to travel. Planning sometime next month, will update on the status then.
Old 16th August 2016, 12:46   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav.info111 View Post
Hi friends, I have never driven on the Bangalore- Hyderabad highway beyond the Devanahalli Airport (KIAL) , so not aware of the speed-limits and where most probably the speed guns are kept to record the speed. Please could anyone help me with the information, so that I can be within speed-limits and not get fined.
Its 100kph for most parts.The speedcams are mobile and are stationed closer to Anantpur,kurnool towns.There are also a couple of vehicles after the L&T TOLL towards Hyderabad.
ranjitp1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 22:54   #1342
BHPian

I did the trip in the recent long weekend. The roads are excellent, was able to maintain around 120 constantly while doing the blr-hyd side because of very less traffic. But in my return journey I dint cross 100kmph, the roads had lot of undulations and crosswinds that somewhat scared me to go at high speeds. I could see only 1 tollbooth that had a fastag lane which I inferred by seeing the markings but couldn't find in any other toll booth. It takes around 7hr non stop for one way journey.

Last edited by redcruiser : 18th August 2016 at 22:56.
redcruiser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 09:24   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
I did the trip in the recent long weekend. The roads are excellent, was able to maintain around 120 constantly while doing the blr-hyd side because of very less traffic. But in my return journey I dint cross 100kmph, the roads had lot of undulations and crosswinds that somewhat scared me to go at high speeds. I could see only 1 tollbooth that had a fastag lane which I inferred by seeing the markings but couldn't find in any other toll booth. It takes around 7hr non stop for one way journey.
Good to slow due to crosswinds. Better safe than sorry.

5 out of 7 tolls have lanes marked out fully or under preparation. At least 3 out of 7 are already FasTag active.

Most people report driving time between the airports of the 2 cities as 6 hours. That is a distance of 530km or so.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 15:04   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I just got done with my BLR-HYD-BIDAR-Nanded-HYD-BLR trip over the long weekend. Did BLR-HYD on 13th morning and HYD-BLR on 17th afternoon.

While going to HYD the traffic was not too high given the long weekend. I had a good drive along with a gang of harley Ds doing sustained 120kmph and beyond. Left home at 6:30am, had breakfast at Kamat Upachar after devahanahalli. Next stop was at Food Pyramid after Kurnool (highly recommended). Traffic increased after Kurnool. Also there is a festival on going at Krishna river (Pushkar Ghat) which causes slow moving traffic in that area. Reached Hyd by 1:30 and used the Nehru ORR which is absolutely fabulous. I am in love with Hyd road infrastructure . If only Bangalore some day gets a real ring road. No speed checks encountered though i do slow down in city areas for safety reasons.

Return journey had similar exp. Left at 2pm, some traffic till Kurnool and very light traffic after that. Had a close call with herd of goats, so please watch out for it since I came across 5-6 instances of hundreds of goats crossing the road. Wrote about my close call at link below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4037914
Did 3 stops. First at food pyramid, followed by a coffee break at a new cafe at outskirts of Anantapur (HY WAY LOUNGE). Its on the left hand side just after crossing the main city. Nice place with good coffee though slow service. 3rd stop was at Indian Paratha company for dinner, reached home by 11pm. Again no speed checks encountered or any checking.

Quote:
Saw only 1 fasttag operational. I think its the first one from hyd to BLR. Rest didnt notice any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav.info111 View Post
Didnt come across any, got lucky
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 17:56   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Its 100kph for most parts.The speedcams are mobile and are stationed closer to Anantpur,kurnool towns.There are also a couple of vehicles after the L&T TOLL towards Hyderabad.
Within towns the speed limits drop to as low as 40 kmph. Keep an eye on the speed limit boards as you drive. Kurnool has speed guns. Between Chickballapur and Bangalore the limit is 80 kmph. Speed guns exist here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
...The roads are excellent, was able to maintain around 120 constantly while doing the blr-hyd side because of very less traffic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
...I had a good drive along with a gang of harley Ds doing sustained 120kmph and beyond...
The maximum speed allowed on this road is 100 kmph. Why were you both doing 120 kmph?
Old 19th August 2016, 18:17   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
The maximum speed allowed on this road is 100 kmph. Why were you both doing 120 kmph?
Was there not a recent revision of speed limit on national highways to 120 kmph. Only speed markings i saw was for 80 and lower in city limits etc. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. On the Nehru ORR near Hyde, it has markers for 120kmph.
Old 22nd August 2016, 16:37   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Was there not a recent revision of speed limit on national highways to 120 kmph. Only speed markings i saw was for 80 and lower in city limits etc. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. On the Nehru ORR near Hyde, it has markers for 120kmph.
National Highways have an upper limit of 100kmph. Expressways (which the ORR is) have an upper limit of 120kmph. However, lower limits can be imposed in certain stretches basis the decision of local administration. The ORR is not a 120kmph road throughout, for example. Between Nanakramguda and Shamshabad, it is restricted to 80 while from Shamshabad towards TSPA junction, it is 120. It is also 100 at a few places. The speed limits are clearly marked whether on the ORR or on the NH.
Old 23rd August 2016, 22:00   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
National Highways have an upper limit of 100kmph. Expressways (which the ORR is) have an upper limit of 120kmph. However, lower limits can be imposed in certain stretches basis the decision of local administration. The ORR is not a 120kmph road throughout, for example. Between Nanakramguda and Shamshabad, it is restricted to 80 while from Shamshabad towards TSPA junction, it is 120. It is also 100 at a few places. The speed limits are clearly marked whether on the ORR or on the NH.
Gadkari has got the speed limits revised due to the Munde accident.
The maximum legal speed in India is now 80kmph. Old boards will keep getting replaced over a period of time.
This is what I have read in various news and articles. I do not claim to be right and will not risk my limb but I personally would try and stick to this limit.
Old 25th August 2016, 11:10   #1349
BHPian

There is a International Road safety workshop happened in Vizag last week.
One of my cousin attended the workshop and the conclusion is that only few of the Road are qualified to be 3star even the HYD ORR also. None are 4 or 5Star rating. Ofcourse they have some criteria on giving rating such as availability of Trauma care and safety precautions.
Mr.Gadkari also part of the 2day work shop and it is suggested by experts none of the Highways have the capability to have the speed limit of above 100kmph.

This decision might have been flown down from these workshop.
Old 25th August 2016, 11:22   #1350
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

For Bangalore to Secunderabad (Sainikpuri/RK Puram area), google maps is suggesting this route - Map Link, completely bypassing Hyderabad - turning off from NH7/44 at Madanpalli and getting onto the Nehru ORR and getting off the ORR onto the ECIL-Keesara Road.

Is this route fine ? How easy is it to spot the turn off's and any landmarks for this route ? (From a first timer's perspective!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks