Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2017, 23:53   #1471
NH7
BHPian

I did the Hyderabad-Bangalore trip on 26 September, with nothing extra ordinary to report. Roads are still very good, and in spite of the holidays low traffic density and no waits at the tolls. 6 hours from airport to airport, 8.5 from Trimulgherry to Whitefield with conservative driving. Suraj Grand Kurnool reviews on this thread found accurate- my recommendation too. As is the newish(?)CCD at Jadcherla. Speed gun only at bagepalli, but less than 200-300m after the toll plaza- unlikely to be flagged down IMO, unless one shoots off the blocks . Skipped the Bangalore city traffic by using the devanhalli budigere hoskote Whitefield road. Expected monster speed breakers and unexpected broken roads on this stretch.
Old 1st October 2017, 17:33   #1472
BHPian

Hi Guys,
We will be travelling tomorrow from Chikmagalur to Hyderabad. Google maps is showing fastest route via NH173 via Kadur, Hiriyur and joins the NH44 only after around 330kms which is half of the total distance shown ~657kms. Total travel I'm via this route is 11.5 hours.

Another route is going back to Bangalore and getting on the NH44. This adds 150kms but just 40mins extra travel time.
P.S. I loved this route on my onward journey to Bangalore.

So is the route via Kadur ok to travel especially if we start around 4pm (so night travel would be there before we get on NH44). Anyone did this route in the past or can help out, please advice.

Thank you very much
Old 2nd October 2017, 06:24   #1473

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Hi guys,
Just adding my bit of experience.
Did the Bangalore - Hyderabad stretch on 01 Oct 2017 (Sunday).
Actually did a total distance of 608 km from Wonderla, Bangalore to my Home at Kondapur, Hyderabad.
- Starting time : 09:15 AM (Wonderla, Blr)
- Reaching time : 04:45 PM (Kondapur,Hyd)
- Break time : 40 mins (01:25 - 02:05 pm)
- Break loc : Suraj Grand, Kurnool (Rating : 4.5 stars)
- Total time taken : 7 hours 30 minutes
- Total on-road time : 6 hours 50 minutes
- Average speed : 90kmph (approx)
- Style of driving : Aggressive (at least I have never driven this fast for this long till date)
- Road condition : Excellent, except very few deceptive speed breakers
- Best time to drive : Day time IMHO
- Route mistake : Watch out for Hyderabad highway to ORR exit. I missed it and added 8 minutes to my trip.
- Speed guns etc : Nope. (Maybe Sunday helped)
- Toll Queues : Nil to Fair (max: less than 07 mins)
- Total Toll : INR 600 approx
- Traffic : Medium to low
- Lane discipline : Non- existent (won't matter though)
- Cattle on road : 6-7 times
- Fatigue : Nil (Peach of a road)
- FM coverage : Blr - 100kms, Hyd - 50kms
- Data coverage : Airtel (4G all along)
- Gas stations : Available through out
- Washrooms: Suraj Grand was well maintained
- Tips : During monsoons, flies and insects commit suicide on your windscreen and mess it up real bad. Spray water might get inadequate. Carry one large bottle of additional water.
saranhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:09   #1474
BHPian

Hi guys I am starting for B'lore tomorrow afternoon. We will be near Anantapur around the time for dinner. My 1.8 year old daughter is also travelling with us. Due to time constraints any detours from the NH are completely out of question (leaving my trusted joint, Balla hotel in Anantapur out of contention). Are there any joints on the highway around Anantapur (has to be on Hyd-BLR direction) which will have hygienic food & be baby friendly (at least have a high chair) for her the feed.
Also are there any particular new red flags along the way (apart from the regular unmarked speed breakers at and after the KA border and speed guns near Hebbal)?
Old 17th October 2017, 19:19   #1475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
Hi guys I am starting for B'lore tomorrow afternoon. We will be near Anantapur around the time for dinner. My 1.8 year old daughter is also travelling with us. Due to time constraints any detours from the NH are completely out of question (leaving my trusted joint, Balla hotel in Anantapur out of contention). Are there any joints on the highway around Anantapur (has to be on Hyd-BLR direction) which will have hygienic food & be baby friendly (at least have a high chair) for her the feed.
Also are there any particular new red flags along the way (apart from the regular unmarked speed breakers at and after the KA border and speed guns near Hebbal)?
Blue Moon before Anantapur is a good option. Its on the other side of the road (Blr-Hyd direction) - but you can see big boards 15-20 km before hand and its not even a 100m distance to the U-turn.
Old 17th October 2017, 22:28   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Blue Moon before Anantapur is a good option. Its on the other side of the road (Blr-Hyd direction) - but you can see big boards 15-20 km before hand and its not even a 100m distance to the U-turn.
Thanks for your suggestion.I too had thought of it, but quite a few of members have mentioned having had very bad experience in one of the Blue Moon hotels on this route. Some of them even complained of having to come out without being served food.
Also how far, do you reckon, is the u-turn for getting back onto the other side?
Old 18th October 2017, 01:09   #1477
NH7
BHPian

We will be near Anantapur around the time for dinner. My 1.8 year old daughter is also travelling with us. Due to time constraints any detours from the NH are completely out of question [/quote]

No new info from my end, just wanted to remind you out of concern, not to drive under extreme time pressure, especially with a toddler.
From what I remember, Blue Moon service was reasonable atleast for my mid morning coffee/ snack break. Did not see any high chairs there though.
Old 18th October 2017, 06:51   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH7 View Post

No new info from my end, just wanted to remind you out of concern, not to drive under extreme time pressure, especially with a toddler.
From what I remember, Blue Moon service was reasonable atleast for my mid morning coffee/ snack break. Did not see any high chairs there though.
Of course, that's a given. I try to save time on breaks (where I can) so that I don't have to rush while driving. And being with a toddler requires me to take frequent breaks for her to get down and walk a bit. Otherwise I end up with a cranky kid during the journey and a grumpy wife at the end of it.
Thanks for the update on the Blue Moon, I will surely give it a try this time since there are hardly any other suggestions.
Old 16th November 2017, 22:13   #1479
BHPian

On my recent trip to Hyderabad, couldn't help but notice the new KIA factory coming up in Andhra Pradesh. This is after Penukonda on your right (when going to Hyderabad). Basic earth morning work seems to be progressing really fast. Something for travellers of this forum to watch for.

Hoping for KIA to launch some good cars in India.
Old 20th November 2017, 11:26   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Updated List of eateries on NH7 HYD-BLR-HYD section

https://goo.gl/zKhoZH
ranjitp1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:53   #1481
BHPian

Doing Blr-Hyd tomorrow, planning to start at 5.30AM ish. Inst there any other option for Breakfast other than Blue moon. Have seen enough reviews to find alternate options

Also will be starting back to Blr over weekend. What are the lunch options for the Hyd-Blr stretch

Last edited by daisyb : 23rd November 2017 at 12:54. Reason: added few more queries
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:40   #1482
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyb View Post
Doing Blr-Hyd tomorrow, planning to start at 5.30AM ish. Inst there any other option for Breakfast other than Blue moon. Have seen enough reviews to find alternate options
See this earlier post (Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries)

Quote:
Also will be starting back to Blr over weekend. What are the lunch options for the Hyd-Blr stretch
Food Pyramid should be a good option, but maybe tad early and it's on right side when coming from Hyderabad to Bangalore.

Suraj Grand and DVR Mansion are also good at Kurnool not too far from the highway.

Last edited by NPV : 23rd November 2017 at 14:43.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:27   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyb View Post
Agree with NPV. Depending on when you start, Food Pyramid at Kothakota (couple of hours from Hyderabad) is a good one.

Though it is on the right while heading to Bangalore and you will need to go about 800m or so for the U- Turn to head back towards Bangalore, its worth it for the Food and facilities.

Other is Suraj Grand and DVR in Kurnool right off the highway.
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 23:31   #1484
Distinguished - BHPian

Today I got a over-speeding challan near Penukonda (AP), speed was 104. So, be careful while driving on this stretch.

And try to avoid blue boon restaurant, their service was pathetic.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 23:57   #1485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Today I got a over-speeding challan near Penukonda (AP), speed was 104. So, be careful while driving on this stretch.

And try to avoid blue boon restaurant, their service was pathetic.
I think you mean Blue Moon. Their service has always been pathetic. We only stop there for a stretch and the bathrooms.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed